BOC- Agents, Who- Leeds and Santana- Buy it Now MFSL cheap

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by monewe, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monewe

monewe Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. monewe

Apologies to everyone. Be careful with this guy. Didn't read all the way down his feedback. Once I started to I noticed the word copy mentioned a few times.

3. stevef

stevef Senior Member

I clicked on the link to see what's there, but there are no items up now.

4. monewe

He was selling Who- Live at Leeds MFSL for £15, the same price for Agents of Fortune MFSL and £12 for the Santana MFSL (not the new one). But after checking his feedback someone I think will be ripped off if the discs weren't pulled by eBay.

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Call me a cynic, but my guess is that the discs were purchased. One could search completed auctions if one were so inclined, but I'm just guessing that the discs were purchased. It is rare for eBay to pull these sorts of auctions.

There is a guy on eBay that openly admits to selling copies, and eBay allows it. Ridiculous. If I can I find that seller, I'll post the ID here so that people are aware of what he is doing.

6. KeithH

Here it is. The seller is thedisckioskshop. Here is one listing:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carpenters-Pa...ageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

Note this statement. This is typical of his listings:

What is CDO format? I've never heard of it, and I did not bother to check his link to find out. All I know is that doesn't sound on the up and up. The seller shows sample inserts and a sample disc:

[​IMG]

:shake:

7. monewe

Disc Koisk is or was supposedly owned by Universal Music UK. Think they have shut their online site. But they still sell through Amazon and eBay usually out of print Universal discs but I have seen the odd ocassional one which wasn't oop. The discs are silvers.

8. KeithH

Are you saying that this is legit?

9. monewe

Yeah I think they were. I actually had a copy of Nils Lofgren A&M solo on cdo and it was fine. Here's a link I googled from a vangelis collector who claims that the Vangelis masters used by Disckiosk were better than the old original WG editions. I compared my Nils to a RYKO copy I borrowed from a friend and you would honestly find it very hard to tell the difference. The cdo had a tad loss of bass but not much as most people would notice.

Here's that link.

http://vangeliscollector.com/disckiosk.htm

10. KeithH

I thought this CDO thing was nonsense. I figured the guy was merely selling copies of standard issues (CD-Rs).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.