2-LP "Pepper" update

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Clark V Kauffman, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sorry to start a new thread on this, but the original three-week-old thread is already closed.

Last month, I posted a note that said The Beatles Store (UK) was selling copies of the scarce 2017 2-LP edition of "Sgt. Pepper" on their website for just 29.99.

I know there was some speculation that perhaps it was just the 1-LP version mistakenly labeled on the website as the 2-LP version since both were being sold at the same price. But my order arrived today and it's the 2-LP version, thankfully. (Another forum member also snagged one at this price.) So, it may be worth checking the website periodically to see if any additional stock turns up.

And by the way, I've never received an album shipped in a better, more protective box -- and it's a good thing. Parts of the specially designed, very heavyweight outer box were completely ripped away and two of the corners that should have been about an inch and a half tall were crushed flat. It literally looked like a truck ran over it, and not just once. The inner box was largely undamaged and the LP itself is fine except for some minor corner dings -- which is an absolute miracle considering how this thing was completely trashed by postal employees.

The Beatles Store's excellent packaging for shipping is something I'll have to keep in mind when deciding where to order new vinyl in the future.

[​IMG]

ispace, andrewskyDE, Davidmk5 and 7 others like this.
  2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Sold out. No point in new thread

3. Clark V Kauffman

As I said, "it may be worth checking the website periodically to see if any additional stock turns up."
    This album has been "sold out" on that site before, but it has come back in stock at least twice during the past two years.

ispace, tappioha and aoxomoxoa like this.
  4. aoxomoxoa

Fair enough. Thanks for the tip.

I'd like this for my collection.

5. Clark V Kauffman

Just a heads-up: I ordered what was supposed to be the 2-LP “Pepper” set from Concerts on DVD, where they had it listed for $39 with free shipping - a bit more expensive than the 1-LP version, which they also stocked.

Of course, they sent me the 1-LP version, and when I contacted them they said they don’t have any copies of the 2-LP version.

So far, they still show the 2-LP set on their website, although they’ve raised the price on it. Buyer beware.

6. aoxomoxoa

I pretty much given up on finding one for a reasonable price, but you never know maybe someday

7. Clark V Kauffman

Yeah, this one really deserves a repressing.

8. aoxomoxoa

I wouldn't hold my breath. :(

marcb likes this.