"...And Justice" (Metallica) JPN CD, 25dp WOW*

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by crispynz1, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

This one's a promo.

3. hushypushy

hushypushy Active Member

Does promo really mean anything..? I guess you get the neat numbered promo card.

I paid $12.99 for my 25DP, it has an obi and looks and feels like it came out of plastic wrapping the day I bought it. (What I mean by feels is that the plastic feels brand new, not worn. New case maybe?) I don't have that little promo card though...

4. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

I don't know, but DCC promos carry a premium.

5. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Not $734 though :confused:

6. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Wow. :eek:

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

With all due respect, these promo CDs are much ado about nothing. You get a sticker on the back insert or back of the jewel case and a stamp on the plastic ring. Otherwise, same disc, same mastering. Furthermore, promo discs are generally not rare in Japan. I have a few, and it's neat when you find one, but it's hardly worth getting hysterical over.

$734. I wonder if that's more because it's sealed than because it's a promo. Could be that both factors were at play, but I have to believe it being sealed was a major draw. Metallica collectors are rather intense.

For the record, I found an EX copy of the 25DP disc in the bins last year for $8. No OBI strip, used, and not a promo. Hence, it's worthless. ;)

8. JayB

JayB Senior Member

Maybe the promo version of Justice actually has bass! :laugh:

9. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Holy smokes. That is INSANE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.