'Tone Poet' Jazz Reissue Series*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cds23, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Agreed on the box size. It does fit in my Kallax if I store it next to my Beatles mono box. The shelf must be weighted down enough to give me barely enough room to get it in there. Kid A Mnesia box is far too big for the kallax and has been relegated to my office shelf

Trifonius likes this.
  2. Grateful Dead too ;)

Aeryn Sun, GabrielJazz, trd and 3 others like this.
  3. Trifonius

Trifonius Jazz

And bicycles and whisky and ipa’s

Aeryn Sun, Kimiimacman and trd like this.
  4. Dai

Dai Note to self: listen to Clifford Brown more often

Bicycles got taken to another thread... we're very happy over there :laugh:

5. radiophonic

radiophonic Forum Resident

I've actually got whatever the precursor to Kallax was. Expedit? The Beatles box fits with about a Rizla's clearance. Anything taller is on the floor. The rate I'm accumulating Tone Poets though, I'm going to need a better solution. I reckon 35 per unit is about the limit for the gatefold ones.

6. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

Since someone mentioned a 2xLP 45 In Rainbows, i had to pass this along

[​IMG]

7. Trifonius

Trifonius Jazz

That’s a great one thanks

8. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

It's funny that whenever anyone refers to this forum elsewhere, it always sounds like everybody on SHF are in full agreement on whatever the topic is. Then when you read about anything on the actual forum people always have 100 different opinions about everything...

9. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

That may be true, but the guy is being satirical, and really it's a pretty funny and accurate portrayal.

Trifonius and Petter Premberg like this.
  10. It’s a nice compliment, but I disagree with his premise. Lots of Radiohead vinyl sounds spectacular. AMSP sounds pretty damn awesome on my system, too, though the pressings on that one aren’t the best

Trifonius likes this.
  11. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Couldn't agree more. I came to read (and learn) about the Tone Poet Series but got too frustrated that I have to hunt for Tone Poet info in a Tone Poet thread.

I'll look elsewhere for the information I was after.

Jackstraw78 and Nycademon like this.
  12. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

HMV have got a few TPs, BNCs and Verves half price including "Blue Train", grab them while you can.

garrincha, abracax, mktracy and 2 others like this.
  13. bjlefebvre

bjlefebvre Forum Resident

Sounds good. Go for it.

14. 80%+ of Tone Poet posts are shipping updates, complaints about pressing issues, or “sounds great! Nothing to compare it to”. You can always use the search function or ask a question if looking for specific information. I don’t know why we have to ruin everyone’s fun because a select few can’t just pass over posts they aren’t interested in (just as I skip over shipping updates and QC complaints). But if you feel the need to be the thread police you can always report the posts to mods instead of making an additional off topic post to complain about others indulging in a short off topic conversation.

GabrielJazz, garrincha, trd and 16 others like this.
  15. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Just a couple hours ago I was in the Verve thread and there were a few Tone Poet comments, the only downside to this is that I noticed.

Aeryn Sun, rcsrich, mktracy and 6 others like this.
  16. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I decided to go for the Charles Lloyd Trios box from Blue Note and added a pre-order for the Chet Baker Sings and Plays to get free shipping.

Matadore likes this.
  17. G E

G E Senior Member

please link to that thread!

Aeryn Sun, GabrielJazz and waynevinyl like this.
  18. Dai

G E likes this.
  19. Trifonius

Trifonius Jazz

AnalogJ and Dai like this.
  20. Dai

True, but you won't find me agonising over my headset bearings on this thread :laugh:

Trifonius likes this.
  21. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I like bikes! :goodie:

Aeryn Sun, Dai and Trifonius like this.
  22. iampm

iampm the expense and the inconvenience

I like audiophile jazz records (and vintage 70s Blue Note pressings), sourdough bread, and I ride a single-speed fixie, but I’m not a hipster, I promise.

Dignan2000, mktracy, AnalogJ and 3 others like this.
  23. CalaveraJ

CalaveraJ Musical Omnivore

On my continuing journey through my Blue Note collection alphabetically, I am currently spinning My Point of View by Herbie Hancock.

Remember playing it when I got it, but not much more than that it seemed to be fine. Nothing made me reach for it again.

Spinning it this morning, I am enjoying it immensely. And the lineup: what a great bunch of players. Don't know how this slipped into obscurity for me in my collection, but that won't happen again!

24. Trifonius

Trifonius Jazz

It’s a great one I agree. Love the track A2 and Tony as always sounds incredible

Crazysteve, MisterBritt and CalaveraJ like this.
  25. abracax

abracax Forum Resident

Nice spot. Though that Blue Train is the mono one, and at £54.99 is grossly overpriced. £27.50 for it is good though!