Did Amazon remove Marketplace prices from wish list display?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by CURPLES, Mar 10, 2023.

1. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident Thread Starter

My wish list on Amazon now only displays the Amazon price in my list. Anything related to buying new/used starting with the lowest price is now gone from the list. I have to click and open every item to go to the main page to see the other buying details.

If Amazon has nothing in stock for an item, there is no price listed at all, even if it is availble from other sellers. To check, I have to click on every item instead of just scrolling down the list to see whether there is availability from anyone else and what the cost would be. Much easier and quicker the way it was before.

Anyone else not seeing those details anymore, or is it just my list? Thanks!

2. Semolina Pilchard

Semolina Pilchard Forum Resident

Same here -- has been for the last couple of days. Not on Amazon UK, though.

MC Rag likes this.
  3. CURPLES

Thannk you for confirming. I was worried it was just something on my end. Now, I wonder why they did that. Makes it a huge pain with the number of things I have on my list. Before I was able to scroll down quickly once a day and click on the ones that interested me to purchase or not.

4. Semolina Pilchard

Update:

Still not working for me on Chrome or Firefox (on Mac), but is working on Safari

No issues on PC.

5. CURPLES

I tried through Firefox and Chrome too, nothing. All of the other Amazon sites I checked display them - UK, Canada, Germany - just not Amazon in the US. Weird. Not going to add on Safari and go through all of that, so hopefully this works itself out or is corrected soon. Thanks again for the reply!

6. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Them removing that from the wishlist view is going to cost them a lot of sales. I have maybe 50 items on a wishlist that I have titled "stuff that hopefully goes down in price" and I check it once or twice a day and jump on anything that falls within the range that I'm willing to pay. However, if I can't see those marketplace prices then I'll never know.

MC Rag and GiorgioV like this.
  7. CURPLES

Exactly the same situation for me. I don't have time each day to click on, and open, about 50 listings to see the details. For the last week I actually haven't checked any. So if there was something I would have taken the plunge on, it didn't happen.

I wish some more people would chime in on this. I can't believe it's just the three of us not seeeing those details anymore.

Even better, if someone that had this problem and was able to correct it, I would love to hear from them!

GiorgioV and WarEagleRK like this.
  8. Semolina Pilchard

The Keepa extension is a fairly reliable alternative, I've found.

GiorgioV and WarEagleRK like this.
  9. Semolina Pilchard

I did report it to Amazon. Didn't seem to interest the chap I shared it with.

10. GiorgioV

GiorgioV Forum Resident

+1.
    Same issue with every Amazon website.
    There's no way I'm gonna check every single item in my wishlists (I have hundreds), every day, multiple times, on most Amazon websites (like I used to do at first glance before, just scrolling through my wishlists).
    I suspect it is some sort of glitch, but if this is a precise choice it is such an idiotic one on Amazon's part.
    My wallet is gonna be thankful, though :D
    Yeah, don't waste your breath. Those guys are like automatons, programmed to render standard replies. Very frustrating.

MC Rag likes this.
  11. GiorgioV

GiorgioV Forum Resident

I checked it out briefly. I'm afraid it is a lot more time-consuming than scrolling through your wishlists and watching for the lowest prices, unfortunately (unless I'm missing something).

There is a tool I've used once, when faced with Amazon's apparently unsurmountable nonsense.
    When not satisfied with Amazon's standard customer service in front of a serious issue, it is possible to write to [email protected]
    I am not kidding. I've had to resort to that because all of a sudden I could not order from Amazon.com anymore, due to some issue with the address I had been using for decades. Amazon's representatives were nothing short of infuriating with their "assistance" and I did not know what to do.
    Then I wrote to that email, was contacted back really fast. It took weeks to sort it out, but they did solve it (later on I'll write more about it, if anyone's interested).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    Eric_Generic, panasoffkee and Dave like this.
  12. Semolina Pilchard

Scrolling items on their website is definitely a pain, but their email alerts seem very prompt. If I get to it fast enough, it's rare that I'll click through and find that the item has gone.

13. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

I haven’t bought any CDs on Amazon since they chased the small sellers out years ago.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  14. GiorgioV

GiorgioV Forum Resident

Amazon.co.uk wishlist is showing third party prices again. Not so the other Amazons, but it would appear that it is some sort of transitory problem indeed.

15. CURPLES

I didn't have any issues with any Amazon sites except for the US one, which is where I live. All of the others were, and still are, OK. I really hope this is something they are working on in the background. I have abandoned checking Amazon daily because of this. Not enough time during the week anymore to click on and open every listing I have in my wish list. I still wonder if it is affecting everyone or just a very small percentage of us......

16. GiorgioV

GiorgioV Forum Resident

Well, this is weird. I've encountered this issue only in the last few days, and on every Amazon site. Now the UK one seems to be back to normal.... :confused:
    I guess we'll see.

17. WarEagleRK

I guess they want a monopoly on all of money.

Ignatius likes this.
  18. GiorgioV

GiorgioV Forum Resident

Well, this is even weirder. On a different PC, third-party prices are not shown on the Amazon.co.uk wishlist. Ten minutes ago I could see them on an other machine.

19. Tails McGinley

Tails McGinley Active Member

I’m finding the same issues on Amazon UK and have been for maybe 3/4 days now (I’m using Safari/mac and in the UK) I hope it gets fixed/changed back as it’s really useful. I do remember it happening once before a few years back too.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  20. GiorgioV

GiorgioV Forum Resident

Yeah, I seem to recall it happening before too, only not for such a long stretch. It's weird, depending on the PC/phone I'm using, some wishlist display correctly while others not.

Tails McGinley likes this.
  21. Evan12

Evan12 New Member

I just found this thread -- glad I did because I've been experiencing this problem for past few weeks. I got no help from Amazon people I chatted with, emailed, and spoke to on phone. I use USA app, on iPhone and Chrome and Safari -- all no longer show used price. I concur with comments above -- it makes using their website impossible for me. One comment above puzzles me: "The Keepa extension is a fairly reliable alternative" -- what does this mean?

thks

MC Rag and panasoffkee like this.
  22. Semolina Pilchard

Keepa is an extension available on some browsers: Keepa - Amazon Price Tracker !

It embeds on each Amazon listing page, allowing you to set your desired price(s) for any item, then automatically emailing you whenever the item dips to or below that price.

MC Rag likes this.
  23. WarEagleRK

I had the marketplace priceson my wishlist on my laptop for about a week, but today they are gone again. They never came back on my phone app.

MC Rag likes this.
  24. MC Rag

MC Rag Forum Resident

Seems highly variable so I suspect it's a bug that hopefully they will fix.

I noticed this first on Amazon.fr about 2 months ago. Amazon.com, Amazon.de, Amazon.co.uk all good for me (I check my wishlists daily) until yesterday when all 3rd Party prices disappeared from all my wish lists.

Interestingly there was a promotion in the UK recently offering £5 credit if you created a wishlist, so I wonder if they've had a huge increase in people creating them which has caused the system to overload?

(PC user with Chrome)

Eric_Generic and panasoffkee like this.
  25. MC Rag

MC Rag Forum Resident

Does Keepa work on all Amazon sites do you know? Which Amazon do you use it on?