Did Amazon remove Marketplace prices from wish list display?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by CURPLES, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Semolina Pilchard

Semolina Pilchard Forum Resident

It works on 11 of them, I believe. I use US and UK.

MC Rag likes this.
  2. dirtnap101

dirtnap101 Active Member

MC Rag and panasoffkee like this.
  3. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

That was just someone's theory during the early days of the pandemic. I'm guessing it's either a glitch or Amazon wants to draw people away from 3rd party sellers so they can make more money themselves which is short sited if that's the case.

4. dirtnap101

dirtnap101 Active Member

OK, but if that's their goal, why would they do it randomly during the start of the pandemic for a short period of time and then do it again suddenly 3 years later? They would just remove it and be done with it, no?

5. This happened months ago on the Amazon app, only good reasoning I could think of was to make it run a bit better on all sorts of phones. I noticed it a few days ago as well, I have wishlists on routers, running shoes, graphics cards I've had on there for years and PC parts I like to look over, I go months without buying a thing but like to take mental notes on the lowest prices I see and find the price drops interesting, they tend to happen every few months for what I look at, then go up slightly, I do not expect big drops if any for that time. It is a bit more work to look through but I do not buy anything, feels better for me.

6. WarEagleRK

No idea. I don't even remember it happening at the start of the pandemic, but the link you gave was just speculation from a random responder so I wouldn't take it as the truth.

7. GiorgioV

GiorgioV Forum Resident

Well, if that is the case, I don't really think it's working out for them the way they figured!
    I, for one, am experiencing a steep drop in personal purchases since I can only see Amazon's listings in my WishLists but I used to buy a lot of stuff from marketplace sellers. You know, all those out-of-print, older items...
    I don't know, perhaps I should be thanking the genius at Amazon responsible for creating this mess or not solving it anyway. They are actually forcing me to stop! :D

8. WarEagleRK

I'm in the same boat if that is the strategy, but who really knows? Likely saved me some money as well.

GiorgioV likes this.
  9. Brandon727

Brandon727 Active Member

Same here. Could this be that the pages are not completely loading from Amazon? Also chatted with Amazon and they had no idea what I was talking about. Thanks

MC Rag likes this.
  10. GiorgioV

GiorgioV Forum Resident

You'd have to talk with somebody with a techie background. Too bad there's no way you can reach those through the idiotic communication system they have put in place. I also believe Amazon should set a minimum IQ as a hiring requirement.

Last week I was expecting the Horslips boxset to be delivered from the UK. The day before the supposed delivery date, it was apparent something was not right. I mean apparent to a six-year-old child, but not to the Amazon representative evidently. The tracking showed no movement for the package in a week. I contacted UPS, and they told me they still had not received the package physically (in the UK, I mean). So I contacted (silly me) Amazon client support to report the issue and see that something was done.

The first thing the guy (I guess, you can never actually know with those names - and sorry if I'm being impolite but the memory is still fresh) said was: "Ok, I understand you did not receive the Mansun boxset"... I was "What?! NO! The missing boxset from that order is the Horslips'!" (I had just written him so, FFS). "Please, do not mistakenly send me again a boxset I already received, that would cost a ton to ship back to the UK!".
    Then he goes: "I can provide a refund". "No, I don't want a refund, I want to receive my purchase... You know what, do nothing, leave it like it is. Forget about all of it".
    And he goes "Rest assured, you'll receive the package tomorrow".
    Of course I did not receive the package tomorrow, nor the week after for that matter. In the end, I've had to cancel that order and place one on Amazon.it, where the boxset had meanwhile miraculously appeared, for the very same price, shipping included.

So - and sorry for venting out - if you got any sort of issue with Amazon that goes beyond the very basic basics, you're screwed: the customer service is pretty much useless. In the past, you could send an email in the hope that it would be bounced to somebody competent. But now you're stuck with the Harini, or whatever else, you have the misluck of bumping into.

Oh, and I've yet to tell you about that time when Amazon.com was not shipping to my city anymore (an address I had been using for decades) because my province coincided with the US abbreviation for the State of Colorado. Of course, I found out about that only after writing directly to Jeff after infinite chats with a series of morons whose reply basically was "Huh. You say the website won't let you place an order to your city? Oh, well. It is what it is".

The tech guy who contacted me in the end was fun, though. He said "We're trying to fix your situation without stopping deliveries to the whole State of Colorado" :D

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
    MC Rag likes this.
  11. MC Rag

MC Rag Forum Resident

I have sent a complaint to the UK complaints email address:
    [email protected]

Would be good if they got a lot of people complaining about this.

Eric_Generic and Ignatius like this.
  12. GiorgioV

GiorgioV Forum Resident

A while back, I'd have already tried getting Amazon to acknowledge/fix the issue, probably even giving them the link to this thread for maximum clarity.
    As of now, I'm taking it as a sign of sorts. You don't want my money? Fine with me! Gee, I swear a part of me feels almost grateful and relieved :D

CURPLES likes this.
  13. Brandon727

Brandon727 Active Member

Anybody have any luck getting it back? Please come back here and tell us how you did it if you ever do. Thanks

MC Rag likes this.
  14. Brandon727

Brandon727 Active Member

So just chatted with Amazon again and reached a guy that at least knew what I was talking about. He stated he added “notes” onto my account and to log out then log back in 48 hours and it should be fixed. Also that they are aware of the issue affecting multiple users and working on it. Good luck everybody

panasoffkee likes this.
  15. MC Rag

MC Rag Forum Resident

Still not working for me. I first reported this when I lost it on Amazon France a couple of months ago. They said they could see the problem and would report it straight to the Amazon IT team - I'd be very surprised if it was fixed in 48 hours but here's to hoping!

panasoffkee likes this.
  16. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident Thread Starter

Still nothing on my end. Actually, now I can't see them on any of the Amazon sites. I was ok with UK and Germany, but not there anymore either.

MC Rag and panasoffkee like this.
  17. GiorgioV

GiorgioV Forum Resident

... I'm surprised he hasn't suggested a little chanting and drumming, to help speed the process! :D
    I seriously doubt this is something that can be fixed on a single account basis. Nor in 48 hours for that matter.

panasoffkee and MC Rag like this.
  18. Brandon727

Brandon727 Active Member

So did a little more digging and some people say it’s because of a thing called Amazon assistant. If you type this into the Amazon browser this is what comes up:
    At Amazon, we’re always experimenting and evaluating the potential of our products. We have made the decision to discontinue Amazon Assistant on March 28, 2023. From that date you will no longer be able to use Amazon Assistant. You will still have access on Amazon to Lists you’ve already created with Amazon Assistant, and the products you previously added from other sites will remain. We apologize for any inconvenience this decision may cause you.

I don’t get why this would affect their own prices for used items though. I can understand getting rid of other sellers, but why take away their own used products prices from the wishlists as well. And then of course when you click on the item individually, you have other sellers and amazon used products for sale. Makes no sense

19. panasoffkee

panasoffkee Forum Resident

It's maddening! You have to click on every single item from your wishlist to see other product offers. I feel sorry for the Market place sellers who must be feeling the pinch. People are less inclined to purchase if they have to go through every single item individually looking for a good deal. You know the old saying "If it ain't broke". I hope this is just a glitch.

Tails McGinley, MC Rag and WarEagleRK like this.
  20. GiorgioV

GiorgioV Forum Resident

There's lilely a connection with this "Amazon Assistant" issue, but it doesn't explain everything. One thing's for sure, marketplace sellers' sales will drop, together with Amazon's fees on those. And that really does not appear to be in Amazon's best interest either.
    I too still maintain hope that this is some sort of stupid glitch and not intentional.

Tails McGinley and MC Rag like this.
  21. Tails McGinley

Tails McGinley Active Member

Just really to update and say this still isn’t working for me in the UK.No idea if it’s to do with Amazon assistant either but it wasn’t working for me before they supposedly discontinued that on March 28th anyway so don’t think so. As GiorgioV rightly points out it’s not in Amazon’s best interest to pull this so i hope they didn’t do it intentionally. There’s a few of us here who all use the wish list the same way to track product prices from ALL sellers and I personally haven’t bought anything since this has happened. This problem doesn’t help Amazon sell their product or claim the commission on reseller/3rd party sales. I remember years ago when i used to sell some stuff on Amazon marketplace as an individual they took 20% commission so that’s good money to throw away if they cut out resellers visibility in this way. As an aside Amazon haven’t covered themselves in glory for me in the last 6months anyway with orders I have placed and problems but that’s a couple of other problems/faults for another forum really…

GiorgioV and panasoffkee like this.
  22. Brandon727

Brandon727 Active Member

Same here, haven’t bought anything. I’m not going on every item page to see the best deal. They must be out of their mind. I have like 12 lists

GiorgioV, WarEagleRK and panasoffkee like this.
  23. GiorgioV

GiorgioV Forum Resident

Yeah, same here, lots of lists (10, I think), LOTS of items :D
    This is all so daft.

24. stjamesdawson

stjamesdawson Well-Known Member

Just took the advice of the commenter who said to send a message to [email protected] about this problem. This is what I sent:

For the past few weeks, I have been unable to see any prices on items
    that are in my Wish List other than the Amazon price. No third-party
    Marketplace Sellers' used or new prices appear on that list anymore.

I have had two Amazon live chats about this matter, and was told the
    first time that it was a glitch that would be fixed within 48 hours,
    but nothing ever changed. The second chat person didn't seem to know
    what I was talking about, so I gave up.

I Googled to see if other Amazon users were having the same problem,
    and found entire conversations between many users who said all of them
    have been affected. One of those sites is here:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/did-amazon-remove-marketplace-prices-from-wish-list-display.1169945/

Someone in that forum said that contacting you at this address would
    be more helpful than contacting anyone else, which is why I am sending
    this message to this address.

No Amazon user with a Wish List wants to have to click on every
    individual item separately to compare new and used prices. This must
    be really killing a lot of sales, simply because the used prices are
    not readily accessible in the list.

Please change the Wish List format back to showing not only Amazon's
    new prices, but the best Marketplace Seller used/new prices as well.

GiorgioV, CURPLES and panasoffkee like this.
  25. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident Thread Starter

Awesome post and awesome job on your end for having the initiative to try this! I really hope you get a reply. Thanks!!!