Do sellers even check their Discogs accounts anymore?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Redd House, Apr 21, 2023.

1. negative1

negative1 80s retro fan

Yes, exactly.

Since the sellers won't ship to the USA anyways, even if I asked, and it would be
    30-50 shipments per month x $20-$40 for each.

This way, i get 1 package with all the items for 1 shipping cost.

later
    || | | || | |
    negative 1

zphage likes this.
  2. Bigsweetc6

Bigsweetc6 Forum Resident

What’s “days on end”? I give people at least 5-7 days to respond/ship. C’mon . Some sellers have other jobs/families/etc.

Walter Ruben likes this.
  3. Ken Dryden

Ken Dryden Forum Resident

Some sellers may be dealing with other issues, health, being out of town, etc. I do try to respond the same day and mail within one business day after payment. Not everyone on Discogs checks their account daily or the email account associated with it.

4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Send a msg and enable the option for inactivity. After 3 days of no response, their account gets suspended. You'll get an answer.

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Well sure enough, I got a tracking number very late that night.
    Now the problem is it's been in " Pre Shipment " since, 5 days.
    So I posted on the public transaction page, and they contacted me within 5 minutes ! That impressed me.
    They said they would check on it and if still no activity by Friday, they'll ship me another copy.

6. Redd House

Redd House If she dont love me no more I know her sister will Thread Starter

Initially I asked a question about whether this particular record was complete with booklet etc. and made a reasonable offer. 3 days later I received a response answering my question and saying they would mull over my offer and get back to me ASAP. Another 3 days go by with no decision rendered and my offer expired with Discogs. No more offers are allowed by Discogs policy. So I messaged the seller again asking if they'd decided one way or the other yet. No response for another 2 days, and being that this particular record was the only one listed for sale, and not wanting to miss out on it I went ahead and ordered it at the seller's asking price. This happens to be a VERY pricey record so I'm getting a bit nervous here... The order just sat there for almost another 4 days. There's no mention of seller's time policy in the listing. Finally the seller responded to the order and said thanks for your order and they would ship it out the next day. No mention about any of the previous messages. Order was not sent out the next day as promised. It was sent out in yet another 3 days. It's finally on its way and who knows why the seller was so slow and unresponsive. They never said anything about it or offered any apology.

7. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I would have gone about it in a different way. Hope things turn out well for you.

Dave and Redd House like this.
  8. mstoelk

mstoelk Well-Known Member

Would love hear back on this one, I can almost guarantee they created the label (thus pre-shipment), but had no intention of posting it off that day. Most likely, they are waiting until Friday to go with other packages to save on trips. They may even create a new label and claim the post must have lost the other package. So they'll go above and beyond by sending another as courtesy, now they look like heroes.

9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i very often wonder if the sellers on discogs really want to even sell their wares. the outrageously ridiculous high prices that they ask for things are comical to say the least. i'm not saying to give your stuff away, but asking $50 for a CD that you just know no one will buy instead of selling it for $10 just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

example: ambrosia "live at the galaxy" - there is one on discogs for $50......no one is going to pay that, but for $10 - $15 it would have been gone the first day.

Dave likes this.
  10. Myke

Doubtful as my previous orders arrived the next day as they’re nearby.

11. Myke

Just landed in Nashville, so nothing nefarious here.

12. mstoelk

mstoelk Well-Known Member

Strange time line, glad to hear it worked out!

13. thematinggame

thematinggame Forum Resident

I can only say from a seller's point of view you hang on to such items , because from experience you learn that when something is rare , somebody will buy it in the end. As a seller you need such items to make up for the countless cds which are in the € 1- 5 range .You should also differentiate between private sellers and those who have to make a living from selling their stuff.

joachim.ritter likes this.
  14. Ken Dryden

Ken Dryden Forum Resident

I ageee completely. As a small seller there are run of the mill titles that aren’t in high demand nor do they command premium prices. Below a certain price point, I will take them to trade at a local store. But in demand items that show a history of higher prices are worth keeping until a reasonable price is obtained. I don’t rely on income from sales as any proceeds are invested in my collection. Lowball offers of 50-60% of the asking price for rarer recordings in top condition are routinely declined.

Walter Ruben likes this.
  15. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

I've had one non delivery. He gave me a refund but still acts like he is going to send me a copy for free.