The Blacklist with James Spader

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by The Panda, Sep 19, 2013.

1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

2. Licorice pizza

Licorice pizza Livin’ On The Fault Line

We already have it set to record. Sad that Amir is not coming back. After watching many Spader interviews, I began to realize how much he and I have in common offscreen.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. Licorice pizza

Alan Shore and DENNY CRANE!!! Lock and load.:laugh::agree: We just finished that series last week. Now what???:mudscrying:

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm still hoping for a region show!

5. Licorice pizza

That sounds exciting.

6. MikaelaArsenault

7. MikaelaArsenault

8. MikaelaArsenault

9. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

Went to see Carrie Underwood last night. When I got home I had a choice between watching the DVRed premiere of The Blacklist, 1923, or The Last of Us. I chose 1923.

10. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

I found the episode t0 be enjoyable and I look forward to the rest of the season.

11. rjp

rjp Senior Member

last episode

spader: "please allow me to introduce myself" when talking to the new agent.

new agent: "you're a man of wealth and taste"

touche'

12. tdavis0903

tdavis0903 Forum Resident

I replayed the above sequence several times as a Stones and Blacklist nut, so funny and perfect for this show.

Not sure how the ratings have been so far but last week was a little shaky start to the final season, but episode 2 last night was fantastic! It had elements of a classic James Bond story and the acting was superb. One super serious plot line involving poker and another more personal family plot line and Red triumphs in both in his inimitable style. The new agent is already doing a solid job and Ressler is now the grizzled veteran. Dembe quiet so far, but more to come I'm sure. Just please reveal everything in the end, I've invested 10 years and never missed an episode and I need to know the TRUTH!

13. George P

George P Notable Member

I full agree on every point! :agree:

forthlin and tdavis0903 like this.
  14. George P

George P Notable Member

Another great episode last night, with Jacob Pitts playing a very different character than the one he played in Justified.

15. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

So far, this last season is ok.

MikaelaArsenault and George P like this.
  16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The big question I have is: "Is James Spader playing Redarina?" I hope they finally answer that question.

As I think was discussed elsewhere, in real life actor Amir Arison left to join the cast of Broadway show. The funny in-joke was, in the last episode of Season 9, his character Aram said he was taking some time off, would move to Brooklyn, and "maybe see a few shows."

17. MikaelaArsenault

18. MikaelaArsenault

19. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

It’s been ok, not great but ok so far.

20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I criticize everything on television and just about everybody working in television, but the episode of The Blacklist they just showed over the weekend -- "The Postman" -- might have been the best damned show they ever did. Crosses, double-crosses, triple-crosses, lies, misdirection, betrayals... it was fantastic. And it had Spader dropping bon mots and doing... well, coming up with "Raymond Reddington" solutions to difficult problems. I was very, very surprised that at the end of the series, they're finally doing really interesting shows that push the limits of the format they established. Reddington is lying and making deals two about four groups of people at the same time, and none of them really get what they expected at the end. And it's all shot in a really imaginative way that showed off the FBI's enormous set, even revealing rooms and hallways we've never seen before. For a show in its 10th season, I think it's remarkable.

NBC has all new episodes all the way through the second week of June, and "one hopes" they'll finally resolve the question of who Raymond Reddington really is, what his deepest, darkest secrets are, and what the whole point of the show really was. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do, and they've got me hooked again as an avid fan.

21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

really, into june?

22. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Yep. Full season. 22 episodes.

Vidiot, MikaelaArsenault and rjp like this.
  23. MikaelaArsenault

24. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

MikaelaArsenault and Vidiot like this.
  25. rjp

rjp Senior Member