Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Last edited: May 12, 2023
  2. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Just reporting back about the Amazon deal Motrik: Artificial Head...

Yeah, this sounds great! It has a very nice, hypnotic, somewhat ShoeGaze/Electronic sound. The mastering is above average. Interesting companion piece to the recently remastered Medicine: Her Highness 2-LP album, individually pressed and sold by their main guy that I was just listening too prior to this one. That album is full blown ShoeGaze and the songs are excellent, although not recorded/mastered quite as good as the Motrik album.

listening to Artificial Head now... Really like the hypnotic feel. Some songs are even very reminiscent of some of Hawkwind's stuff how it just continuously floats on. Definitely one of the more interesting albums I've heard in awhile (of course, it would be FAR to exciting for @SJP , might actually raise his blood pressure to dangerous levels :eek:) Another thing I REALLY like about it, it doesn't default to focusing on the vocals like so many bands like this do, but there are nice, long stretches of just instrumentation, which I ALWAYS like better. The voices are treated electronically and used only as support to the overall compositions as if another instrument.

If you like this kind of stuff, I would most highly recommend it! :righton:

3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Then I'd venture to state that you would enjoy the follow up (2LP) album:

It's $28 for the vinyl on Amazon, which you all seem to prefer. $12 for the CD from Amazon, a little cheaper from 3rd parties:

Amazon.com: MOON: The Cosmic Electrics of MOTRIK (2LP, RED / BLUE VINYL): CDs & Vinyl

4. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

I see the regular blu-ray is just $3.99 with free prime shipping. I keep reading how these online streaming companies are cutting back on their 'back catalogue' movie titles - they want you to rent older movies online and pay a separate fee. Perhaps my blu-ray collection was not such a bad investment after all.

=================================================================================

Things I saw on Amazon this morning:

Budgie from Siouxsie & The Banshees is on this, for some reason. Thomas Truax "Dream Catching Songs" 2023 for $14.87
    Amazon.com

Ken Coomer of Wilco produced this. Americana rock 2023. Jamie McLean Band 'Paradise Found' for $12.59 shipped:
    Amazon.com

5. georgepearrison

georgepearrison Long Time Lurker

6. bruinuclafan

bruinuclafan Forum Resident

Received Bayou Country today and it is the KG/SH cut!

Batman21, Briskit, DLD and 4 others like this.
  7. Heavy J

Heavy J Well-Known Member

Hate when they make a single album into a 2 lp "mastered" LP.

8. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

mur, Fred Dender, Dignan2000 and 3 others like this.
  9. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

If you wait this will go down more i'm sure

latheofheaven and zphage like this.
  10. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I've heard that promise... :rolleyes:

Walt, SJP, Christopher B and 4 others like this.
  11. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

You have Amazon id on this as the one you have goes to something different

12. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I ordered the same deal and got the Hoffman/Gray cut as well. It's 150gr vinyl but who cares. Sounds wonderful.

13. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

The original 2015(?) fantasy press was 150g and promoted as such. Seems like Amazon found a pallette of these down the side of the sofa.

14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

With Neil Young you hear it a lot...and it's generally a promise kept.

latheofheaven likes this.
  15. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

My Comos Factory arrived and sounds great. Slightly warped though

latheofheaven likes this.
  16. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I ordered Bayou Country on May 4th, based on info in this thread.
    Shipping was delayed, but I received the SH/KG mastered version, with the hype sticker a couple of days ago.
    I just linked back from my Amazon order to the item ordered, and it is no longer showing as being available new from Amazon.
    There are links to various "used" copies, but I suspect those are mostly originals. At the very least, there would be no guarantee of getting the SH/KG version.
    All that being said, it's probably worth checking on Amazon from time to time. It seems to have been in and out of stock before, and maybe will again.

masterbucket and latheofheaven like this.
  17. scottheisel

scottheisel Well-Known Member

Dunno if folks here are J Dilla fans but you can grab Donuts on vinyl for cheap right now: https://amzn.to/3ImC9Xj

18. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Weird...all I see is "Used/Very Good" from the Amazon Warehouse for $26 and change.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  19. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Same. How much was it supposed to be before?

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  20. Been lurking here for a couple of months and signed up for an account two weeks or so ago. First post.

Ordered Cosmos Factory based on this and the OP share and it arrived today. It sounds sooo good, dead quiet. My only complaint is that I cannot listen at an “appropriate level” for fear of interrupting the Mrs watching TV and the kid doing homework.

Thanks for the tip

21. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Welcome. Don't hang out on the deals threads too much or you'll be bankrupt like the rest of us!!! :)

22. peeklay

peeklay Forum Resident

That is the truth. The amount of times I say "this item isn't even on your want list and then retort to myself....yeah but at that price it should be...." so many times!

latheofheaven and aoxomoxoa like this.
  23. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

The CCR records were still available for me, so I bit the bullet for fear of not having the opportunity again.

Thanks for posting.

Donohuer and latheofheaven like this.
  24. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

It's particularly dangerous if you get to the place of "I hate this band... but that price!"

25. scottheisel

scottheisel Well-Known Member

Ah damn, sorry. It was only $12 when I came across it.[​IMG]

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.