Any Ted Lasso fans here?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Detroit Rock Citizen, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital Thread Starter

It's spelled Dani. It must be pointed out that his mantra is "Football is life". Even the darker side of it apparently.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  2. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Nate having left West Ham was odd. I felt like I’d missed an episode or something.:D

Galley, Lars Medley and EwaWoowa like this.
  3. Detroit Rock Citizen

I think they'll catch up. My first thought was that Rupert hit on Nate's girlfriend. We'll see.

4. Bobby Morrow

It was a weird jump. One they didn’t bother to explain yesterday either.:D

5. Detroit Rock Citizen

Which is why I think it'll be explained soon

pghmusiclover likes this.
  6. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

So it's not just me? I even went back to see if I had missed one.

Galley likes this.
  7. Bobby Morrow

I wondered if it had been referenced in episode 9 and I’d missed it.:D

8. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I don’t think that Ted Lasso is unique in skipping over details of plot points… many shows fill in the blanks later — people are just so damn impatient they want it all NOW!

9. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Agreed, but there was something about the way Nate's situation was handled that made it sound like an afterthought. Like tuning in to find out that Ted is remarried, but they never said to whom...odd.

10. pghmusiclover

I think there’s more to come on that front… Rupert trying to kiss Rebecca plus Rupert having a new secretary are pieces of that puzzle I think…

11. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

This week's episode was alright -- not one of my favorites this year, maybe the one I enjoyed the least. I think there are a lot of unanswered questions with some of the surprising plot points that seemed to happen out of nowhere (Nate leaving West Ham, Rupert making a move on Rebecca). I think there are back stories that have yet to be explained here, but that fact, coupled with Ted again being little more than a bit player in the episode, left me a bit frustrated.

It seems like they are making moves to sort of put people back "where they belong". Maybe we'll see Roy and Keeley back together in the next couple of weeks. I personally think -- and have been thinking for several episodes now -- that we are headed to a point where this will all end with a homesick Ted leaving the UK to try to win Michelle back, and Nate taking over as Richmond coach. Maybe with Roy as his assistant coach.

DigMyGroove likes this.
  12. Bobby Morrow

There was a time early on when I thought Ted and Rebecca might get romantically involved. However, I’m now leaning towards him reconciling with Michelle. Seems like his dalliance with ‘Sassy’ will come to nothing.

13. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Agreed, I don't know that I'm expecting Rupert to be a new man though.

pghmusiclover and intv7 like this.
  14. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Agreed 100%. If anything, the new secretary and him trying to kiss Rebecca only prove that he's the same as always.

Lars Medley likes this.
  15. pghmusiclover

Oh no I don’t expect that at all!!!

16. AudioEnz

AudioEnz Senior Member

It doesn't take too much imagination to come up with Roy's reaction to that suggestion!

17. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

Just like we missed the food fight. Who instigated it?

I think Nate quit after seeing how despicable Rupert was during their night out. He probably felt he couldn't work for him any longer.

Lars Medley and DigMyGroove like this.
  18. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Really enjoying this season and loved this weeks episode!

applebonkerz and pghmusiclover like this.
  19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I laughed, I cried, I can’t believe there’s only one more episode

I may rewatch all 3 seasons if I miss it too much.

rlj1010 likes this.
  20. mike s in nyc

mike s in nyc Forum Resident

yeah, I really liked this episode as well (the second-to-last one). Unexpected in the way they propelled the character development forward in a way where in retrospect you say 'ah yes, of course, that makes sense' but which I didnt see coming... (i'll put more in a spoiler below)
    Sets things up nicely for the finale, which as you can probably expect.... (I'll let people fill in their own blanks here..........)

spoiler
    So having Ted's mother come over unexpectedly was an interesting way to advance all the 'why did ted get this way and what would propel him forward out of this rut he seems to be in'. Likewise, was really interesting to reveal at the end that criminal and drug history of coach beard-- makes sense in some ways but I didn't see it coming. Who, by the way, were those two people knocking on Rebecca's door at the end? (and I forget what plot development they were a part of?)

21. EwaWoowa

EwaWoowa Sexiest Monkey Ever...

Rupert's wife / girlfriend (& the mother of his new baby) and his P.A. - who he had also been sleeping with - ie: being unfaithful to his wife / girlfriend with...

applebonkerz and mike s in nyc like this.
  22. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I think Nate was offended by Rupert’s lack of morals. Of course there may be more to it, but I believe that’s the foundation

Detroit Rock Citizen likes this.
  24. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

They should have fleshed that out a bit. It went from an awkward encounter at a bar after a big game, to Nate already having quit the next episode. Yeah, Rupert is a sleaze, but was there no big blowup or straw-that-broke-the-camel's back for Nate?

We'll probably get more inside-scoop stuff in the final episode, but they're also implying that it'll have more to do with all of Rupert's exes joining forces (which, groan).

So the question remains, what really made Nate quit? Rupert's all-around sleaziness? Nate wasn't really turning into an uglier person working under Rupert, but maybe he was just disgusted working for such an amoral figure? Again, I'd appreciate a little more narrative coherence there.

EwaWoowa and Lars Medley like this.
  25. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Nate was very uncomfortable with how Rupert acted when meeting Jade, he could see Rupert sizing her up sexually. Rupert for his part saw Jade as a distraction to Nate and so immediately set up the “boys night out” to tempt Nate into cheating. Nate realized this straight away at the club and left, he did the right thing. I agree one scene of transition might have been helpful, but I realized right away why Nate left his job once they revealed that to us.