All things Tangerine Dream

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hEARt PhoniX, Nov 4, 2020.

1. 24db

24db Forum Resident

How about this one?

2. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory Thread Starter

Smokes.
    How many more are there that never came up in my searches ...

Smokin hot, TD are still good for many hidden treasures and surprises.

3. 24db

24db Forum Resident

Mono streamed video from a Hungarian festival (not the best audio and in mono), the night after this TD played a single one hour 40 minute session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvSsTV5aWPU&t=1693s

4. 24db

24db Forum Resident

5. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

... thanks @24db for all these links- haven't got time to listen to them at the moment but hopefully over the weekend. The Ozora Session I almost know backwards :) ... fascinating session (a long irresistible mantra- one of the most daring ones, clearly influenced by the festival and the venue :)!)- 2018- vintage year Schnauss period! (Oya session / Dekmantel session and that brilliant Elbphilharmonie one in Hamburg)
    Ozora (with Schnauss) and Botanique Orangerie (with Frick) are the 2 sessions I would love to see "properly" released (I mean physical).

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2023
  6. Roberto899

Roberto899 Forum Resident

I have to say it would have been interesting had Ulrich stuck around a little bit with Frick.

7. 24db

24db Forum Resident

he did, there are several sessions where they played together. For me it didn't work that well

Jaar21 likes this.
  8. Roberto899

Yeah, I wouldn't totally disagree with that, but I don't think they gave it enough time to really gel though. But maybe they knew something I don't ...hahah

9. Deibu

Deibu I Dream of Tangerines

It seems like throughout the band's history three members is the magic number (including now). Any more or any less, the results are mixed.

Regards,
    Dave

Norco74 likes this.
  10. 24db

24db Forum Resident

All four members of the band putting reverb into the signal chain - result -mush!

Roberto899 likes this.
  11. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Went to the show in Maastricht last night. That opening with Stratosfear was unbelievable. What an amazing opening. Didn't really know what to expect to be honest, but really enjoyed it. Shame The Sessions box was 150 euros though :(

12. Jaar21

Jaar21 Forum Resident

Schnauss + Frick / Sessions

... feel the same. Can't quite put my finger on it but agreed.

13. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Slowly making my way through the UK and Ireland Sessions boxset. Lots of nice music in there. I couldn’t resist to spin the Newcastle and Coventry disc twice on the same night. Steve Rothery pulls a few nice licks in the Coventry session. A few nods to Edgar Froese guitar playing style.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
  14. Jimmy Chop

Jimmy Chop Forum Resident

Saw them live at Johns Hopkins University in maybe 1987 or so.
    They were great.
    Enjoy the music!

15. david gunderman

david gunderman ZosoDreamer

This just arrived on YouTube. Anyone know which concert this was from?

16. Roberto899

Saw the film Air. Was surprised to hear a few TD tunes. Shop Country from Firestarter and a few from 3 O'clock High.

david gunderman likes this.
  17. 24db

24db Forum Resident

At the Hetdepot

david gunderman likes this.
  18. Wouter

Wouter Archiving | remastering

Hi,

This clip was filmed in Leuven yesterday. Mothers Of Rain.

Best wishes,
    Wouter

Norco74 and david gunderman like this.
  19. Mooglander

Mooglander Forum Resident

"The full list of music cues featured in Ben Affleck’s biographical drama Air has been revealed. While the film doesn’t have a credited composer, Paul Haslinger (Underworld, Halt and Catch Fire, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter) appears to have contributed a few original music cues, credited in the end titles as "I Want to Sign Him" and "Sneaker Anthem."

The movie also features tracks from multiple 80s scores by the German electronic music group Tangerine Dream (which Haslinger was a member of in the late 80s), including "Running Out of Time" & "Through the Dark/Run Across the Street" from Miracle Mile, "Shop Territory" from Firestarter, "Jerry’s Decision" & "(Go) to the Head of the Class" from Three O’Clock High, "Love on a Real Train" from Risky Business and "Breathing the Night Away" from Heartbreakers.

Harold Faltermeyer’s music from Beverly Hills Cop and its first sequel makes an appearance in a couple of scenes.

Other score cues featured in the movie include "Leave Atlantic City" from Desperately Seeking Susan (by Thomas Newman), "JP Brenner Emerges" from Raw Deal (by Christopher Boardman), "Votes for Women" from Suffragette (by Alexandre Desplat), "Closing" from The Times of Harvey Milk (by Mark Isham), "The Girl" from Flinch (by Miami Nights 1984) and a track from Pino Donaggio’s score from Brian De Palma’s Body Double."

Ben Affleck’s ‘Air’ to Feature Music by Paul Haslinger, Tangerine Dream, Harold Faltermeyer & Others | Film Music Reporter

Roberto899 likes this.
  20. Roberto899

Haha yeah, it was an 80's fest of music. I hadn't seen the list of music before I watched it.

Mooglander likes this.
  21. Mooglander

Mooglander Forum Resident

Photo by Virginia Turbett.

[​IMG]

ArpMoog, pory, bzfgt and 1 other person like this.
  22. hEARt PhoniX

hEARt PhoniX living musical polyamory Thread Starter

I don't know how they do it. Again and again.
    Has anyone seen my jaw? It dropped to the floor and has not been seen since. I honestly did not expect this. At all. Love the vocoder effects in there as well. Great version. Oh, wow. Magic. TD magic. I guess I should pull the original album back into my player, long time no listen.

Orangerie Session
    The Orangerie Session has been my good morning, get up and stay awake music recently. Such a beauty. Just the right ballance of old and new, except for those distortions, I do not like them that much here, but that is short enough to get over it.
    My ticket for Leipzig is safe and secure, I am thinking about adding Osnabrück to the mix.

Upconing Soundtrack re-release: Deadly Care
    And by the way, the soundtrack for Deadly Care is getting another small CD run of 500 copies.
    DEADLY CARE - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

A few notes on the album:
    Voices In The Net - Deadly Care

23. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

Listening to today, first time in a very long time.

[​IMG]

Tangerine Dream - Rubycon Part (side) two

bzfgt, pory, david gunderman and 6 others like this.
  24. Deibu

Deibu I Dream of Tangerines

I just got an email saying that Tucson, Arizona has just been added to the tour. The possibility of my attending has went up significantly. Life's still in a state of chaotic flux though, so we'll see how it goes as time goes by.

Regards,
    Dave

david gunderman and hEARt PhoniX like this.
  25. ctoelle

ctoelle Well-Known Member

Really wish they would add a Denver date