Any good record stores in Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by eddiel, Nov 13, 2022.

1. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member Thread Starter

Asking for a friend. He's going there for a work trip and has some time to kill. He's been many times but never checked out any record stores.

Any worth checking out? He's interested in used lp only. No cd and no need for new only stores.

2. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

I would come in a day early to hit the Vegas record store. Total waste since Big B's and J-Mars went under. You can go to Wax Trax for some tales to tell other people about prices and banter with double R.

eddiel likes this.
  3. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

I have been to 11th street records, not much inventory when I was there, prices were good though, both record city stores, lots of inventory, prices are ok, Vegas vinyl, small store but a good selection and zia records east, they sell both new and used, good prices on used. With all of these stores you need to be careful and check the record closely. Many many have defects. Have your friend do a google search for Las Vegas used record stores. There are many to choose from.

Daddy-O4 and eddiel like this.
  4. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

Zia is good for CDs, but I've not had any luck with used LPs there.

I like the Record City location on E. Charleston (that's the dumpy-looking one).

My favorite place for deals in Vegas was a relatively new business called Ridiculous Records on E Tropicana, but sadly it didn't make it past COVID. I got lots of things there in the 2010s. Super nice store owner.

I've had some luck at Moondog (also on the east side).

5. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Are there any record stores that have a decent selection for used classical and jazz CDs? Zia on Rainbow told me they do. Thanks.

6. Orlander22

Orlander22 Well-Known Member

What I know

Las Vegas offers several excellent record stores for music enthusiasts. Here are a few notable options you can explore:
    1. Zia Record Exchange: Zia Record Exchange is a popular chain of record stores with a location in Las Vegas. They offer a vast selection of new and used vinyl records, CDs, DVDs, and more. You can browse through a wide range of genres and discover hidden gems in their extensive collection.

2. Record City: Located in the heart of downtown Las Vegas, Record City is a beloved destination for vinyl enthusiasts. They specialize in new and used vinyl records across various genres, including rock, jazz, soul, hip-hop, and more. The store has a friendly atmosphere and knowledgeable staff to assist you in finding the records you're looking for.

3. Wax Trax Records: Wax Trax Records is another prominent record store in Las Vegas, situated on East Charleston Boulevard. They offer a diverse selection of vinyl records, including new releases, classic albums, and hard-to-find gems. The store also stocks CDs, DVDs, and music-related merchandise.

4. Moondog Records: Located in the Arts District of Las Vegas, Moondog Records is a small but well-curated record shop. They carry a selection of vinyl records spanning multiple genres, with a focus on rock, indie, alternative, and punk music. The knowledgeable staff can provide recommendations and help you discover new artists and albums.

5. 11th Street Records: 11th Street Records is a cozy independent record store in downtown Las Vegas. They specialize in vintage vinyl records, including classic rock, jazz, blues, and soul. The store has a laid-back atmosphere and offers a unique selection for collectors and music enthusiasts.

hvbias likes this.
  7. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

As I've said before, I'd come into Vegas a day before I was due in L.A. (car) just to hit the great stores 15+ years ago.I haven't been in some in years. Cheap hotels, lotsa cheap buffetts.....I miss "old school" Vegas.

8. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

Didn't find anything cheap in Vegas, my impression is as you say it's not like the old days. Only shopping I did was at an amazing Patek dealer I had a great rapport with who hooked me up with the biography at retail and put me down as highly likely to get a watch all other dealers told me I'd need to buy at least one other watch to get. Didn't go to Zia on Rainbow as I didn't think it was worth adding a day for car rental just to go out there (primarily went to see the Grand Canyon so kept the car rental short). The other Zia said their classical selection wasn't that big. 95 F throughout the entire week was incredible, was sad to come back to low 60s.

9. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Give me 20 years ago Vegas.....everything.

10. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Any good jazz shops in Vegas?

11. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

How bout any good shops? I'd have to stay in Vegas back in the day to hit all the cool record shops. It was amazing around 1990.