Rate The Most Recent Movie You Watched

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Goat, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Shazam: Fury of the Gods

6/10. Not quite as good as the 1st film and a bit too long.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  2. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Only 9.5?

a customer, wayneklein and Spitfire like this.
  3. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I know how you feel. I thought the same thing the other day when somebody gave Chinatown a 7/10. I think I docked this a little because it's a little hard at times to buy into the this being the French Army with all the American accents.

Last edited: May 26, 2023
  4. Fabrice Outside

Fabrice Outside Forum Resident

Powerful story but the trenches always looked a bit too clean and tidy considering it was hell on earth for these men

5. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

My partner and I both thought it was better than the first. But I agree with your rating.

6. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

John Wick 4 . Complete nonsense.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  7. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

I suppose you could say the same about I, II, and III? I haven't seen them but my wife liked all three.

8. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Your wife liked them ?Is she into martial arts ?

unclefred likes this.
  9. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

she's always liked boxing and martial arts, but she used to dance.

kanakaris and RSteven like this.
  10. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

* (of five) ANT-MAN & WASP: QUANTUMANIA

Wow, this was genuinely bad, a non-stop CGI-fest in an imagined quantum realm that lost all its charm within the first half-hour. This was less MCU-level and more like one of the latter STAR WARS installments: hyperactive, all over the place, disjointed and eventually wearying. I'd say the worst MCU to date but I haven't seen ELEMENTALS, which apparently wears that crown.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  11. Joy-of-radio

Joy-of-radio Forum Resident

A Man Called Otto with Tom Hanks and Mariana Treviño. Its only saving grace for me is that I didn't pay to see it. I watched it with friends on their television set they have hanging on a wall. Either my expectations are set way too high or movies have plummeted in quality in the past several decades. Frankly, I think the latter. The storyline was positively boring with woefully lousy acting to boot. It is truly embarrassing! And of course there are the token woke scenes. Horrible... just horrible!

Jimmy B. and EVOLVIST like this.
  12. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

Octopussy

Still one of my favorite Bond films. It's just pure fun.

9/10

13. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Underwater
    Brilliant sets and underwater special effects and sets but it's basically Alien meets The Deep (and it's bad).

14. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

[​IMG]
    Cape Fear (1962).
    7/10. I gave this a 10 on IMDB the first time I saw it around 4 years ago. Still good but repeat viewings of this are just not as great or good to me as the first time.
    Nice cinematography and Mitchum is effectively menacing.

15. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Scarecrow (1973) - Blu-ray

7/10

First time ever seeing this interesting road movie starring Al Pacino and Gene Hackman. Thought it would be better given the two main stars.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2023
    EVOLVIST, RSteven and AC1 like this.
  16. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

the Shining, haven't seen it in decades, 7/10 :)

EVOLVIST and MichaelH like this.
  17. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

The Worst Person In The World (2021)
    7/10

Juan Matus likes this.
  18. AC1

AC1 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

It's Tom Hanks doing a Clint Eastwood movie, but every scene, line, each expression or reaction is so over-the-top explicit ... 3/10

19. joethomas1

joethomas1 Forum Resident

Street Fighter (1994). 4/10

20. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

[​IMG]
    To Kill A Mockingbird
    10/10
    [​IMG]

Mylene, Gasman1003, Jeff Minn and 5 others like this.
  21. Notorious (1946) 9.5/10

It almost sells itself on paper. Cary Grant. Ingrid Bergman. Claude Rains. Ben Hecht. Alfred Hitchcock. It works even better in motion. It also makes me question which is the best Hitchcock film from the 1940s. Is it this one? Is it Lifeboat (1944) or maybe Saboteur (1942)? Spellbound (1945)? There's not a simple answer, yet simply stated, Ingrid Bergman is amazing in Notorious. In fact, her closeups rivals her appearance in Casablanca (1942). She puts on an acting clinic

The movie is just about perfect, only I've always felt that the ending seems truncated, and could have been stretched more for dramatic impact. But that's subjectivity for ya.

This movie is garbage. The plot is a good one, but with little directing, no proper sets, hammy dialogue, poor photography; it's as if cigar store Indians made this picture.

Alf., wayneklein, unclefred and 2 others like this.
  22. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

Have you seen the original Swedish one? (“A Man Called Ove.”) There was absolutely no need for a remake.

fab4ever, Spitfire and Joy-of-radio like this.
  23. I actually enjoyed it and largely felt the exact opposite. While uneven and not quite as good as the first and second films.

24. Well when I see comments like ‘token woke scenes’ it makes me suspicious of the entire review. One could make the same argument against “To Kill a Mockingbird” a great movie. It’s not about politics to me but about what works in the drama.

Gasman1003 likes this.
  25. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Boggy Creek 2- 10/10

Far from my favorite MST3K episode, but still full of laughs. First half dragged a bit at times, but the wisecracks got funnier as the movie got goofier. Servo was at the top of his game, especially when he was begging the two actresses to wrestle. And the jokes about that wimpy Tim character always being shirtless were great.