About 50+ MFSL cd's for sale in OC @ Second spin in Costa Mesa

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by dmt, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmt

dmt Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thread title says it all.

No cd more than $29.99, if you live in OC, Cali, get at em!

I grabbed 6 today, and with the "buy 2, get the 3rd for 50%" off deal, I saved about 30 bux....

Picked up: Blind Faith s/t, U2 War & Unforgettable Fire, Traffic - Low spark, John Mellencamp - Thick as a Brick and Jethro Tull - Thick as a brick for under 150 for everything. Theres tons of other great ones there, but these are the ones I could afford at the moment :)

Theres seriously more than 50 titles there right now. I suggest if you live in Orange County, you should go there right now and pick them up.

Heads up!
    ~d

2. franklampard

franklampard Member

Tull

Did they have A passion play?

3. dmt

no, but i did see about 3 Claptons and Tommy!

4. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Well I guess I could head down there, but it's traffic time. I could go tomorrow moring as well.

If anybody wants anything, I'd be glad to pick them up, but that may become unmanagable.

Perhaps I could buy them all and distribute them here.

Maybe I'd even get a price break.

Hmm!!

5. stevef

stevef Senior Member

I've been to this store before, but I don't have any free time this week to get in there.
    I don't know what they have left, but I would surely be interested in what you find out, or can obtain.
    Please let us know or send me a PM. Thanks. :)

6. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't know if this is a good price or not. I know some go for a fortune but some don't. Are they all worth this price?

7. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Doug or anyone who might be going:

I am looking for Sonic Youth Goo, Tea For the Tillerman , Teaser and the Fire Cat and th R.E. M. tites

8. dmt

They had all those. All $29.99

Get em!

I'd say they are good prices seeing them on ebay for twice that.

9. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

I wish I could. I live in Texas. If anyone cares to pick them up for me.. kind .. and gentle .. sirs ( sucking up as best I can ) :D

10. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Well my plan is to buy all of them. Then I'll post here what I got. Then, who knows...

11. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Thanks Doug, if you decide to sell the individual titles I mentioned please consider me a WTB :D

12. Mogul

Mogul Forum Resident

I'd like to buy any R.E.M. discs anyone can pick up!

13. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

I was just there. Somebody must have unloaded a sweet collection. I picked up a few of the MFSL's. There's probably about 30 or so left. Doug Sclar, if you're serious about buying all these up I'd recommend inspecting the disc surfaces first. The one's I bought are a little scuffed, but they're playing fine so far...(keeping my fingers crossed). They can all be found over in the "new Arrival" bin. I snapped up a Rush Signals still in the lift-lock jewel case for 18.99 :thumbsup:.

Also, if you go take some time to look around in the regular sections. Somehow I got extra lucky and I picked up a Hendrix Kiss The Sky for 6.99, got home to find out it was a Japan target. They had a Genesis Three Sides Live made in West Germany for 17.99 (had to pass), and a few Queens EMI UK...(I grabbed a Sheer Heart Attack although this one is made in West Germany, for 9.99). Thank you dmt, for posting this info!:righton: At the moment, there's a ton of good stuff in there...

14. dmt

OMG haha I was going to pick that Kiss The Sky one up too but I didn't want the "buy 2 get the 3rd for 1/2 off" thing affecting my purchase on the 6 that I got.

But yeah. Good luck ya'll!

p.s. its kind of a bummer that store got bought out by FYE.... oh well, at least its still all good there.

~d

15. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

I'll check them out, but I sure hope I don't get stuck with some of these. I'm not planning on doing this to make money, but if I think I'll lose money there is no point in me buying them. I'm just basically planning on doing this as a forum favor.

16. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Just back from my run. Apparently the pickings were slimmer than they were yesterday. I picked up the folllowing:

Jethro Tull - A Passion Play
    Cat Stevens - Tea For The Tillerman
    Cat Stevens - Teaser & The Firecat
    Robert Cray - Strong Persuader
    The Who - Who's Next
    The Who - Who Are You
    Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed
    Moody Blues - On The Threshold Of A Dream
    Dave Mason - Alone Together
    John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band
    John Lennon - Imagine
    Plastic Ono Band - Live Peace In Toronto
    Queen - A Night At The Opera
    Cheap Trick - At Budokon
    Traffic - Dear Mr Fantasy
    Robbie Robertson - s/t
    John Melancamp - The Lonesome Jubilee
    Steve Winwood - Back In The High Life

17. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I know that they aren't real popular on this Forum but the Who titles are nice! Who's Next is pretty rare. If it's in decent condition, I can make an offer to help defray the cost of your trip. Unless someone else wants it . . . .

18. dmt

The Who's Next is a SH-Mastered version is it not?

its not an mfsl.

The Lennon's are Obi-Japan mini-lp's cd's too, right doug?

Just to clarify, that list isn't all just MFSL's, if im not mistaken.
    ~d

19. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Nope, they all are MFSL.

20. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

That's a good haul, Doug.

Those were all used, i.e. someone came in and sold off their collection, right? Just make sure you didn't run into a big stack of New Old Stock titles. Man, that is the thing dreams are made of :laugh:

21. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

would love to buy the Who's Next and the Dave Mason...been scouring over here in PHX but these cds NEVER show up used. I have not seen a used gold disc at any store here in 10 years.

22. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

The Who's Next has been reserved for drbryant. I will sell it at less that what you offered me for it since that's a lot more than I paid.

The two Cat Steven discs have been reserved for johnny33. But now Sam expressed interest in them. Hmm!

brianstack@sbcgl has also expressed interest in Dave Mason

Prices have not been determined yet, but I have no intention of gouging anybody. I'd like to see how much interest there is. I don't want to get stuck with any, but if I can get all of my money back perhaps I could donate what is left to the forum.

I also don't know the best way to determing who gets what. So far there are no conflicts other than the Cat Stevens.

23. dmt

Doug, you are the man.

If I had more money, I would have just bought them for myself, lol. How greedy I am!

24. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

I would have bought all the expensive ones behind the counter if I knew I could get my money back.

I've never done anything like this before. It's kind of fun. :D

25. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

Excellent. Nice going. There are a few titles in your list that I didn't notice yesterday and I had no idea they had anything behind the counter...

I didn't see an MFSL Who's Next, but I did see a regular earlier issue (probably the one dmt saw) but I passed because I didn't think it was the Hoffman mastering. Looking forward to your upcoming post in the cassifieds...:righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.