FS Ebay Jethro Tull Aqualung DCC 24K Gold CD

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Horace Wimp, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horace Wimp

Horace Wimp The 39,891st Beatle Thread Starter

I just put this up on Ebay for anyone who might be interested. It really is in perfect condition, with great sound quality from Mr. Hoffman, of course.

If you win the bidding, just let me know you are from the Steve Hoffman Music Forums and there will be FREE SHIPPING within the USA and discounted shipping worldwide as a "Thank you" to SH Forum members only.

I've started this rare classic at just $0.99 with NO RESERVE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270212816333&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=017

2. bundee1

bundee1 Forum Resident

I dont know if there is any forum etiquette on bidding against other members but I place a pretty high initial bid on it and would appreciate a little kindness. I know alls fair in love and war but Ive seen posts like this before so... Thanks!

3. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

It's a jungle out there, especially since this was posted here for members to see :)

Good luck though, it's a nice sounding disc. :thumbsup:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=124053&

4. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

5. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Congratulations, now you doomed yourself to paying far more for it. Why bid so early? :confused:

6. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

an argument can be why snipe as well. Don't assume your way is the right way. Many people just put in their max bid and be done with it just like you do when you put in your max bid at the last second.

7. bundee1

bundee1 Forum Resident

I puy my max bid in way early so Ive been grossly outbid since then.

8. RadioClash

RadioClash Senior Member

Yikes. Current bid $364 with 2 days left? Sheesh, the Classic Records vinyl only cost me $29 and I don't think anything will ever sound better than that.

9. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Holy Moly!

10. texron

texron Rory On

I'd say Horace Wimp is a happy camper:biglaugh: ...WOW, thats just:crazy: I got mine back when, think I paid $40??

11. cartologist

cartologist Just the son of an Iowa girl

An aside - since I don't have the valuta for the DCC, is it better to have the No-Noised 1996 remaster or the poor quality unremastered version? Or am I caught between Arrakis and Harkonnen and just have to deal with bad Aqualung?

12. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

I haven't heard the remaster, but I seem to recall it showing up in the "What's the worst mastering you've ever heard?" thread at least a couple times. With that said, I'd go with the poor quality unremastered version.

13. texron

texron Rory On

I agree...The remastered is HORRIBLE :hurl: ..pass on it. Get the Vinyl..much better, if not that the original will do. Forget about the kids education..get the DCC:tsk:

14. cartologist

cartologist Just the son of an Iowa girl

While I HAVE the vinyl... it's like a 145th pressing from 1978... so a needledrop from it will sound about as a good as, well.. :cry:

15. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I checked the bids and found this
    eBay has changed how bid history information is displayed for higher-priced items. To help keep the eBay community safe, enhance bidder privacy, and protect our members from fraudulent emails, only you and the seller of the item can view your User ID in bid history. Other members will see anonymous names, such as x***y.

Has this always been the case?

16. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

But the bid's already far more than the normal Ebay price ($200). I can only attribute that to the early bidding.

17. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

Nope. They just started doing that a few months ago. It made me wonder the first time I saw it too.

18. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

sorry I don't see it that way, we will just have to agreeti disagree. I've seen people snipe in the last two second for a price that was insane as well. You can get this cheaper as a buy it now at amazon, who knows why people are so careless with their money? :confused:

19. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Sometimes people have the money to spend on a hobby and this may be the best they can find. They can afford it, they buy it. If the buyer is happy with it, who are we to call him careless?

20. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

me lol when you can get something somewhere else cheaper that is the same quality that is being careless with your money. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

I could afford to buy something for more than it is worth but I am not dumb enough to do it.

21. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Me! Dumb!

22. Shakey

Shakey New Member

Yikes, glad I was able to buy mine when in print. I thought the extra two or three bucks for it vs the others was odd.

23. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I guess the so called unwritten rule that we only post BIN's does not count when a forum member comes out way ahead ;)

Congratulations on this sale!!! Hope it hits $500 for ya!! :righton:

24. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Word! I think there will be much happiness all the way around. :goodie:

25. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

I guess now is the time to put my second one (no slip) on eBay for 300BIN.... :)

Nice one for the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.