Rolling Stones SACD Sampler $15 BIN...

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Kayaker, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member Thread Starter

2. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Drats! Please refresh my memory - does this one have a different mastering than the standard Hybrids?

3. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Well, it's gone now, so it's a moot point. But on a few tracks, yes, the mastering is slightly different.

From Luke's extremely helpful FAQ:

4. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

It's funny how opinions can differ so much. I can recall a forum member stating that he wished the SACDs sounded like the sampler. There was that much of a difference to him.

5. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

But Luke's FAQ was referencing the tracks on the 21 track sampler, not the 6-tracker referenced here.

6. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Oh. Um. Yea. :hide:

Even less reason to have it, I guess. :shh:

7. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

:laugh:

Well, it is a kinda neat collectible. Something to warm your heart as you reminisce about the 'glory' days of SACD, when you could look forward to your favorite major-label rock acts releasing their back catalog on a hi-rez format :winkgrin:

8. Going from memory here so I might be wrong, but don't some copies of the six track sampler have a "wrong" song? All copies have the correct artwork, but some of the CDs erroneously replaced one song with something else.

9. stevef

stevef Senior Member

From what I recall, there are only three tracks from the 21-track Sampler CD that are somewhat different (some may slightly different). I don't believe any of these three tracks appear on this 6-track Sampler disc.

10. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Correct. The rare version has Sympathy For The Devil in place of Salt Of The Earth.

11. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Way back when, I remember reading somewhere that one of the albums with different UK/US configurations, maybe Out of Our Heads, had the UK version on the SACD layer and the US version on the redbook layer. Am I remembering incorrectly?

12. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Some copies of the Singles collection had the wrong CD layer (if I remember correctly) on Disc 3.

13. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Dumb question, maybe, but is the "Ruby Tuesday" on the sampler the same odd mix that ended up on the SACD issues?

14. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Yup!

15. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Single layer huh? The seller probably is just making that up.

16. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Why do you say that? The 6-track sampler was made by Sony Electronics and ABKCO for bundling with Sony SACD players/Home Theater systems and was, indeed, a single-layer SACD.

17. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Well probably said that because the ABKCO SACDs that were sold in stores were hybrid.

Plus lots of ebay sellers claim SACDs (none of them) will be playable on reg. CD players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.