my 35dp-4 sale wish me luck

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by ATSMUSIC, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member Thread Starter

2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Will watch and assess carnage, good luck Bill!!!

3. The Great One

The Great One formerly known as SCARSE

Pass the popcorn Barry :D

4. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

people still paying for the holidays ? not to mention people losing jobs and homes. not a good time for spending for some. :)

it has been slow in the classifieds for high priced items.

good luck on ebay, not that you will need it. ebay is crazy. :)

5. ATSMUSIC

That's true. the economy is in really bad shape right now and many people think we are already in a recession. I think I am seeing allot of prices for things go down even on Ebay. I would think overseas buyers would be more interested since the dollar is worth next to nothing and they have allot more buying power for USA items. This does confirm however; for me anyhow, that posting links to things does not raise the price.

6. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

This is true, but for UK buyers, import duty will add about a third to the final price all told.

I don't think there will be much action on this auction until the last minute, due to the high starting price.

Tom

7. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Nah Mark. It just has to be Bread and Dripping sannies.

8. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

If I was the winner on this-I would have it insured for the value and have the customs declaration show....erm....less than £18, the new limit before Vat:agree:

9. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

As far as I know the insured and declared value must be the same.

10. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Strangely, a 35DP 4 disc sold on ebay.co.uk for only about $150 today. I don't have the link, but I don't think the disc was advertised as being in bad shape. It just seems to have flown under the radar.

11. PFA

PFA Forum Resident

It had the back cover insert missing, and no obi. So it was just the CD and the booklet.

12. The Great One

it didn't come with the original art work :shake:

13. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I thought the booklet was pictured, but I missed the part of the missing back insert. That would explain it. The lack of an OBI strip was not an issue. I've only seen one copy on eBay with an OBI strip, and that was a few years ago. Copies with all inserts and no OBI strip have been regularly selling for $500+ over the past few months.

14. The Great One

Mine went for a whopping £330 a couple of months back :) or was it £230? :confused: I think Darren knows better than me! my memory is like a sieve.

15. ATSMUSIC

dang that would be nice!

I started the bidding high because if I can't get at least $400 I will keep it. It isn't worth to sell for less to me.

16. The Great One

I don't know if Christian's U.S disc sold or not but I think the thing is that although they sound identical the Japan-Japan Gold tint 35DP is more desirable to collectors than the silver US disc and maybe a lot of folks will hang on in the hope one will show up here or on ebay. Maybe you should hold onto it for another year or two.

17. ATSMUSIC

I will if it doesn't sell for the minimum bid. :)

18. The Great One

Heaven knows the prices they will fetch :D

19. ATSMUSIC

Especially when the economy is in better shape. I remember when longbox gold cds were going for like 700 not so long ago.

20. The Great One

The whole Gold disc scene went crazy eh? I had to stop buying them for fear of losing my house :eek: :laugh:

21. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Hans,interestingly, not in the UK. I have mailed one of these-insured for the selling price $350 but with a value of the purchase price. I believe it might have something to do with the "cost of replacement" being different to actual intrinsic value. Strange I know. The other thing is that you can specify insurance in bands £10 to £30, £30 to £50 etc so with all these combinations it is possible to say a CD is declared as worth £20, but you want it insured for £100.

£330:agree: Patwinters2000 was the winner on 18-Nov-07 19:00:00 GMT

22. The Great One

I knew it! thank you 'The Great Mystico' :laugh:

23. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

:)laugh: easiest trick in the world?..making £330 disappear on a 35DP-4)

24. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Strange - I was told this rule (the declared value must be the same as the insured value) applies to the whole European Union, including the U.K. Apparently not. Your point about the cost of replacement being different to the actual intrinsic value sounds valid, though.

25. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

When I was in the UK customs always charged me for the insured amount and not the declared amount. But this was a few years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.