Bargain 1st Press Final Cut anyone?

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by The Great One, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great One

The Great One formerly known as SCARSE Thread Starter

2. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

I was wondering when someone would post that. :)

3. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

It is a good start to bargaining. He does allow best offers. :)

4. The Great One

What would be the BIN for a WYWH 2 track Japan (sealed) :eek:

5. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

Ouch!!! :yikes:

6. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

In reality a heck of allot more than this one and unlike this one it would sell.

7. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Think he put the . in the wrong place.

8. The Great One

Theres no way thats worth 99 thousand!!!:D

9. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

The last one I saw with an obi that wasn't new went for more than $700

10. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

11. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

The seller has rejected three offers so far.

His Buy It Now is far too high in my humble opinion. I collect sealed CDs, but there is an obvious dilemma with them. They are worth more than opened copies since they are mint, but most people don't want to leave them sealed. They want to open them and enjoy them. At the same time, they know that if they open them, they lose the value. So, most people would just rather buy an opened item. You will find a nice opened copy sooner or later for a lot less.

12. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I know what you mean about new sealed cds. I opened a bookends mfsl and a van halen dcc not too long ago. Sometimes I just say oh well and don't bother trying to find an open one and I got a good deal on them. Also what scares me is I have got a dvd that didn't have the dvd in it even though it was brand new and sealed. How do you know the cd is even in there unless it is like a dcc package or longbox or something like that?

When I want a cd I always hope there is no obi and even sometimes that it isn't in such great shape because then I can get it for a much more reasonable price and I buy them to listen to for the most part. :)

13. KeithH

At least with sealed gold discs, you are likely to find another one down the road. They aren't one-of-a-kind like sealed early pressings typically are. The problem, however, is that eBay prices for sealed gold discs have gone through the roof. Many sealed gold discs are listed with ludicrous Buy It Now prices now. I suspect few of them are selling. These listings amount more to "Hey look what I have that you don't." The sellers probably don't expect them to sell. :rolleyes:

14. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Also, many of the gold discs are reseals. I have bought a couple -- slight scratches on the disc, fingerprints on the rear insert, etc. You can tell once you open it. Sealed -- sometimes you can spot them, sometimes you can't.

At least with the older Japanese pressings, that cellophane tab is nice to see; I suppose you could still reseal it, but it would not be easy.

15. KeithH

I have a number of sealed early Japanese issues. Something I look for, besides the cellophane tab, is the jewel case. I take comfort in an older heavy jewel case that is pristine, especially a smooth-edge case.

16. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

It seems the artwork, both front and rear, are distinctly different from any other I've seen. Perhaps that's one reason for the extreme pricing?

17. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Now that you mention it, the rear insert looks a little weird, I think. On the copy that I have, I didn't think that the artwork went all the way to the left side -- I thought there was a black bar.

I'm in the States and the disc is in Japan, so I can't check now.

18. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

What is different? I am comparing to mine and I am not seeing it? :confused:

19. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Looking at it, there is a black bar on the left where there is japanese writing and the 3500yen info-looks very similar to the 35DP-4, a kind of printed obi section. You may need to increase your contrast on the your monitor..but its definately visible. I think the ripples in the sellophane are creating an optical illusion-ignore those and you will see it.

20. Tulips for sale! Get yer fresh tulips right here!

21. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

not the same thing :winkgrin:

22. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

23. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

24. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

Apologies.

25. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9