FA: Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here Japan CD 35DP-4 Still Sealed

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by SimonSaysCake, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident

I think this is going over 3k. I reckon the bidder who withdrew the 2k bid will be back with a snipe. I also believe the snipers will bid high as they only get one shot at it.

2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

This is just sick. I mean, we all have a sickness when it comes to cd's and LP's but this is plain wrong.

3. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

If someone found a Bugatti in showroom condition in someone's garage how much do you think it would fetch?

This is one of the most prized "Grails" of all, and it STILL SEALED!!!!!

Do you think it will depreciate?

In fact, the more it fetches at auction the higher it's perceived value, the more it will fetch at the next auction!

4. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident

Why is this any different to somebody paying millions for a Picasso. I know which I'd get more enjoyment from.

5. dcathro

dcathro Forum Resident

Yes, but the Picasso isn't sealed! :D

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

For some reason in my mind I could justify the price on a vintage piece of vinyl. But a CD... no way. Some kid will probably just dump the flac files on piratebay.

7. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

You really think "some kid" will come out the winner in this auction?

8. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

9. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

10. dcathro

dcathro Forum Resident

The flac file for 35DP 4 is readuly available on line already.

11. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

I wonder if this auction will will bump the going rate for the Japan for USA 2-tracker?

12. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Hopefully ;)

13. innercircle

innercircle Forum Resident

The bids are comin' ......

14. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

wow I have the opposite amazement than most in this thread. I am amazed it is only bid up to 1500.

15. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

there is over 3 days left.......

a lot of bidding left.

16. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

Yeah, if you were serious about this and going to bid, say, $3K, would you have put that in yet?

I will be disappointed if the final hour of this auction isn't spectacular. :)

17. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

18. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

I snipe on ALL the auctions I'm bidding on... guys who bid so early only amuse snipers.

The last 30 SECONDS of this auction will be when all the action happens! :agree:

19. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident

:righton::righton::righton:

20. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Home stretch. $2025 currently.

21. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

Final price will be double that, I believe.

22. I have been checking bid behaviour (on auctions I am bidding on myself) lately, and there are very very few instances where sniping really made a difference in the final outcome. You can place your maximum bid early and let all the snipers place them a few seconds before the end of the auction, the outcome will be the same: whoever put in the higher bid will win the auction.

The only time when bidding early is a disadvantage is, when another bidder bids the price up several times before the end of the auction, placing a new higher bid each time he gets the message that he has been outbid.

If I really wanted this CD, it doesn't matter if I put in my 5k bid now or 10 seconds before the end of the auction.

23. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

I agree, the only thing that sniping accomplishes is to hide the fact that you are interested. This can lead to other bidders underestimating what they should set their max bid at, and can result in more wins.

But in an auction like this not quite as effective since no one will be thinking they'll be able to make a steal...

Nevertheless, sniping is a hard habit to break, so I still predict that the last 30 seconds will be when all the action happens.

24. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

This is certainly true :D

This is the rationale behind sniping, of course... it prohibits others from "reverse engineering" one's maximum bid *and* discourages price "runup" generated by the very behavior you've described (i.e., when another bidder places subsequent higher bids every time he/she gets the message he/she has been outbid).

I'm confident that sniping increases my win percentage and optimizes the winning price point. I acknowledge that it may provide less benefit in these troubled economic times, as there seem to be fewer competing bidders out there in the first place.

In the context of the auction under discussion, I don't think sniping will provide any of the described advantages, but I fully expect late-in-the-game bidding to occur.

25. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Slight bump to $2075. 3 hours to go . . . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.