FA: Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here Japan CD 35DP-4 Still Sealed

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by SimonSaysCake, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reidc

reidc Senior Member

$2237...1 hour 15 minutes to go

2. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

No need to go to the ebay link. Just grab a bucket of popcorn and come over to the Hoffman forums...:D

3. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

One minute left. can't sleep . . . .

4. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

HOLY S&*#$%!!!!

5. Jay Casey

Jay Casey New Member

That was AWESOME.

Anyone here the lucky winner??

6. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Dave Gilmour perhaps?:sigh: I like the way none of the big bidders bothered with the $4000 band, just straight in at $5K+

7. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

I didn't expect that high of a final price.

8. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Wow, it was just like the Super Bowl (except a little more exciting). I'm glad I watched until the end.

It's a wealthy Floyd collector or who knows, it might actually be Gilmour. Heck, I remember reading about poor Julian Lennon having to bid on his Dad's stuff at Sothebys auctions, so you never know. . .

I do think that it must be the highest price ever paid for a compact disc on Ebay. The first Prince Black Album sold for more, but I think that was a Christie's or Sotheby's auction.

I have a couple of trips scheduled in the next two months, so if the winner is in Los Angeles or Washington DC and wants me to hand carry it across the Pacific, let me know.

9. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Wow. Makes $2K almost seem reasonable.

10. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Anyone going to admit to bidding (might be fun to put the bids to some names..no one cares now it's over, so your wife won't know, unless you actualy won it, in which case, good luck with that! ;))

11. jawilshere

jawilshere Forum Resident

missed by $10!

12. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I did not bid. I never considered it once it went past $2000. The final price is absurd. My wife and I went to Disney World for 7 days, 6 nights and stayed the Polynesian for a bit less than that, including meals and souvenirs.

Ludicrous.

13. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

14. Mike in OR

Mike in OR Through Middle-earth...onto Heart of The Sunrise

Well at this point, I would sure be curious if this seller actually gets paid. That is an insane amount of money for such an item. I wish the seller luck on that one. I hope he gets what it sold for. :cheers:

15. For some reason I can't stop thinking about the movie 'Back To The Future'.

16. If you make 100k a month, like some people do, the 5k for one CD you always wanted is not that absurd. There are quite a few people out there to whom money doesn't really matter that much. All it takes is two Pink Floyd collectors which don't mind to spend the money. It's only printed paper...

Or if you want a special gift for a loved one...you can easily spend that much on an engagement ring.

17. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

It went for $5400 and change, in case anyone is wondering and can't find the link.

18. ivan_wemple

ivan_wemple Senior Member

Does anyone else think the seller should spring for a "bubble mailer" to ship this puppy? :D

19. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

Perhaps, but all you have left of that trip are memories, Keith... the owner of the Pink Floyd CD still has a sealed WYWH 35DP-4 :D

Hopefully this means a minty Japan for USA 2-tracker is now worth $500.00 or more :cool:

20. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

Nah, no need. With that kind of cash he may as well fly over to Japan and go pick it up in person! ;)

21. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

Totally agree with that. To most people, the price is ridiculous -- and rightfully so. But there are plenty of people out there, even in this economy, who literally have more money than they know what to do with. You just never know if an item like this will ever come up for sale again. And I doubt it will lose any value.

I just hope they keep it sealed!

22. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Now that you mentioned it....that darn CD indeed cost more than the engagement ring I purchased for my girlfriend. Yikes!!

23. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Trust me I never plan on opening it.

24. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I agree, Keith. You can't put your vacation in a resealable poly sleeve, and leave it in a dry, dark closet to be looked at from time to time.

Seriously, though. That's more than I paid to fly RT to London, stay at a very nice hotel, and attend Pink Floyd's reunion at Live 8. Somehow, that's just wrong.

25. Mike in OR

Mike in OR Through Middle-earth...onto Heart of The Sunrise

:laugh: :cheers:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.