FA: Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here Japan CD 35DP-4 Still Sealed

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by SimonSaysCake, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

ya, but all you have is a head full of memories. this cd is a material item that will last forever and can be resold.

you can't resell of get back any money for your trip. :winkgrin:

2. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

boy do we think alike, I didn't see your post till after I posted.

lol......:laugh:

3. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Anyone who wants to have their photo taken holding the disc. Please pm me. I am sure we can charge you a small fee for the photo say $200.

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I'll take the memories of the week at Disney with my wife over the disc any day.

5. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I see my family everyday and remember the challenging times we have had on vacation, not so much a vacation. :laugh:

I will take the cd. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

6. QuestionMark?

QuestionMark? 4TH N' GOAL

I'd like to see 5400 of them show up in a warehouse down by the river. :D

7. RicP

RicP All Digital. All The Time.

So $2000 for a CD was ok to you but $5000 is ludicrous? :) To most of the rest of the civilized world, spending $100 for a CD is ludicrous.

8. KeithH

Yup.

9. KeithH

Imagine the winning bidder cutting the package open and cutting through the shrinkwrap and the OBI strip. :eek:

10. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

It depends on your priorities. Lets seenow cash in some of my investments or a sealed CD :laugh:

Hmm, maybe the CD is the better option as its value might hold. :idea:

11. It would be a tragedy for the buyer if the customs officials in the receiving country (assuming that it is leaving Japan) were to open the sealed CD to inspect it for contraband materials. :eek:

12. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

lol......:laugh:

13. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

:laugh:

14. PFA

PFA Forum Resident

You guys crack me up! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just imagine trying to insure this CD. I'd like to see someone try to convince an insurance agent that a music CD is worth that much. Not likely.

Vernon Fitch
    www.PinkFloydArchives.com

15. KeithH

I guess a print-out of the eBay auction page would do the trick.

Ironically, the winning bidder will probably ask the seller to mark the value as $10 to avoid customs charges. :D

16. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Well, most "collectors" here estimated a price ~$2000. Which means we (in the know) realize that this is a reasonable amount that potential buyers could be assumed to pay. By default, someone bidding/winning with that price could be expected to recoup his investment easily. Once it hit $5K, most collectors realized the market for that expensive of a CD got considerably smaller.

It doesn't matter if it's a CD, or an antique China plate. It's a rare collectible that hundreds of folks would enjoy owning.

17. jbraveman

jbraveman Forum Resident

Is this the highest price paid for a CD?

18. foobar2000

foobar2000 New Member

That was a promo of an unreleased title tho. This is a regular catalogue CD, available in stores to the general public. This has to be a record for a normal released CD?

Anyone know how many of 35DP-4 they pressed?

19. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

I said it would head towards 4k but the final price was a little suprising. As I have often said on this forum - people will pay whatever they think something is worth. Once they have decided they want it - nothing will stand in their way. Also, some folks may assume that the buyer is some well-heeled millionaire. That may not be the case though. Sometimes they have simply just worked and saved hard for something they wanted.

20. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Good point fumi, I read somewhere that most audiophiles buying all this expensive equipment are not rich they just have a passion for the stuff. I know I am far from rich but I spent a boat load of money on my system.

21. Back in the 90's when Prince's "Black" album was cancelled just prior to release, there was at least one copy that made it out of the warehouse, and it sold a short while later for $10,000. So that's the highest amount paid for a CD that I'm aware of.

22. foobar2000

foobar2000 New Member

How about for a CD that was released to the general public tho?

23. KeithH

This is the highest price I have seen paid for a standard catalog CD.

24. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

Actually this can happen... most likely it will happen if the package is inspected, the people at customs service might even pull the seal by mistake while opening the package to inspect, or they might actually want to see the inside of the jewel case. Remember that in many countries CD's are sold not sealed at all, so it might not mean anything to the customs guys and they just go ahead and open it thinking it's some kind of extra packaging...

To prevent this type of situation the sender can request that in case of inspection the package can only be opened in the presence of the recipient, or by the recipient himself being observed by the customs officials.

I would request this if I was the buyer.

It's irrelevant. I can insure anything for any amount, as long as I pay for it. I've sent a CD insured for 800 Euros not long ago, actually the package was insured, not the contents, they didn't even ask what was in the box. If anything happened to the box, they would pay me 800 Euros :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.