WYWH Crude Matrix 35DP-4

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by pdovore, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdovore

pdovore Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. dcathro

dcathro Forum Resident

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

"Booklet has a lot of stains".

Also, no OBI strip and not sealed. Should go cheap. My guess is around $400. ;)

4. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

Shouldn't the 1st Japanese CBS pressings have a white tray? In the photos, it looks like a regular old, dark gray one. Probably no big deal, just wondering...

5. I dunno, booklet has a burn mark on it too!

;)

-s1m0n-

6. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

cough...."no obi and not sealed"....errm..okay (glad you were just kidding Keith). This is not going to be "cheap" by anyone's standards.

Primarily, because someone posted a link to it here :rolleyes: You guys never learn. Sure hope you've all got your own copies of this one, because the price just doubled. (and before you all start saying there's nothing wrong with posting these links, NO, you are wrong to post them, imho)

7. dcathro

dcathro Forum Resident

I won't be bidding on it.

My bet is $700! :D

8. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

No, the original 35DP discs had the standard tray. The 32DP CDs have a white tray... not sure if all of them did, but that's where I see them.

9. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

No. It's probably the original case.

What concerns me is that he says it's "Very Good" in one description and "Excellent" in another place.

10. pdovore

This disc would have commanded a high price regardless of a link posted here.

11. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Yeah, I think a few people have that title in their EBay favoite searches.

12. Downsampled

I've bought a few CDs from this seller and he has been very reliable and conservative with the ratings. That "very good" at the top is just part of the eBay template, and you could look at it as an average of the disc + sleeve ratings below.

Based on my own experience, if he describes the CD as "excellent", it's a good strong Exc.

13. eelkiller

Isn't muff8678 a couple of lady sellers, they are fantastic ebayers

14. pdovore

Yep, which is why I noted "High-profile seller muff8678" in my original posting here. This disc is certainly not hidden

15. rburly

Thanks for the info! I was thinking of sending a message, but your experience with the seller is enough for me. :thumbsup:

16. dcathro

dcathro Forum Resident

You're going to bid?

17. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

muff8678 is a great seller, and the 20 some odd disc's I've purchased from the ladies have been graded spot on. Great eBay seller. Happy bidding to everyone!

18. Downsampled

I stand corrected!

19. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

+ 1

20. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

so true, but now it will be even more. Don't get me wrong, I would love some folks on the forum to pick one of these up relatively cheaply (I don't need it, by the way), but posting links to active auctions just creates a feeding frenzy. Of course, the auction is on Ebay USA and the seller is high profile (and an excellent seller to boot), but these can be picked up cheaply even on ebay sometimes. But, never when it's out on the forum.

The current economic climate is doing nothing to dampen the hunger for these very rare and collectable Cds and it's been a few months since the previous one (lets ignore the sealed one, because that was always going to be $5000+).

21. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

You are being ridiculous. See the thread about the expensive West German Dire Straits Vertigo CDs. Links were posted after the bidding had ended and the prices were out of bounds. It's a big world out there. Not everyone is here.

22. rburly

So true. This showed up in my WYWH search but not in my 35DP search.

I know the thinking here is that posting the link will show others an interesting auction, but as Darren said, a highly collectible CD will drive the price up much higher just due to the number of collectors here. People will find something they're searching for, but posting a link here will drive the price up exponentially. And, as Darren said, someone might have had this for a relatively low price had the link not been posted.

Of course anyone can post any auction link here, but for rare CDs, please think about how other Forum members might feel about having a super rare CD that they're watching splashed up here. /off soapbox ;)

23. pdovore

The best way to acquire a super-rare CD and get it for an absolute bargain, is not by bidding on a super-visible auction such as this. As i've stated, this auction was always going to be high and I think you flatter yourself and the Forum in your comments.
    As Keith has stated the world does not comprise only Forum members and there are plenty of people out there with their beady eyes on this Item as we speak.

This barn had no door and the horse was already miles away before the link was made available

24. eelkiller

OK, If I decided to sell some of my valuable discs via EBay would I be chastised for posting links here to help get exposure? Or is it OK for forum members to do this for their own stuff?

For consistency the answer should be "Yes" because someone could be watching my auctions and the same thing would happen if this "driving the price up theory" is a fact.

25. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

That's a different argument Barry and, of course, the members should be able to post their own stuff and everyone does simply because of the higher exposure. There is even a section in the classifieds for it,right? BINs are fine too.

Rick proved the point here, he has a "35DP" search saved and it didn't come up. Why?.Probably because the way its written "35DP4" so that tells you a number of people were not alerted to this, using ebays saved search, which means it could have flown under the radar for some.

But, as keith said I'm being ridiculous, yes it's a big world out there but do we really need to see these on the 6 o'clock news?

What happened to the unwritten law, about posting only completed auctions? I'm also aware that we have had this argument before and I know Barry and Keith side with posting these, whereas Rick and I disagree.

c'est la vie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.