Black Sabbath Deluxe Editions out 6/29/09

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cousin It, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I used to love new releases, but now I am afraid, very afraid. lol

3. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I liked the Paranoid Deluxe,very good as for modern remasters,although I admit I don`t have the original vinyl or preffered digital mastering to compare to.I like the outtake cd for the ozzy-less tunes,I`m looking forward to hearing BS & MOR and the outtakes.Anyone know if more remasters are in the works?

4. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

Yet another mastering of the catalogue?

If it's so easy to lease these tapes, why doesn't Audio Fidelity get a hold of them and make a mint?

5. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Wow. Only US$15.

6. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Judging from the last one, I say "meh". Unless you are a 5.1 surround sound fan, anyway. The bonus cd of the last one was a snooze-fest.
    Still, I'll be positive and wait until I see what they come up with, as these are my fave BS albums.

I REALLY need to get surround sound, I know!

7. Brian81

Brian81 Forum Resident

Thanks. Price dropped. I ended up ordering these three Sab DEs and the "Stormbringer" remaster w/ the quad mix. After shipping, it still came out to $80US for the four. Ouch...but I guess it could be much worse. I wonder if the Sab ones will end up being domestic releases...heck, all of them.

8. Wow, these are maybe my two favorite Black Sabbath albums. I love the bluesy sound of the debut an MOR is just a masterpiece with its dark sound.

Hopefully the mastering will be good. I haven't heard the new Paranoid deluxe edition, but judging by some posts on this forum, the mastering is at least decent.

9. Claus

Claus Senior Member

are you kidding ;) it's one of the best pressings!

10. OE3

OE3 Senior Member

This is only the second remastering of the catalog outside of the US (not including Japan). Orig. Castle CD's > Castle 1996 remasters > Sanctuary/Universal 2009 remasters. In US, orig. WB CD's > Rhino 2002 remasters. There are also the Creative Sounds Ltd. gray label jobs. PS. It is most definitely not 'easy to lease these tapes'! Trust me.

11. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

I'd like the first album, since it is my favorite of theirs.

Anthony

12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

What about the Castle Legends series, from 1991 I think?

13. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

You should know since you worked for Ozzy.

14. I know how you feel. On many occasions I would drop a sawbuck and a half or more picking up a new release/re-release with their great packaging and artwork. Then usually when listening to it I could not understand what all the fuss was about, as most sounded like crap at higher volumes. After visiting the Hydrogen site a bunch of times I understood why. Anyhow as I'm sure most of you on this forum know, every album is a case by case basis with neither older or newer definitively equaling better. Now my goal is just to get a CD which has good sound without having to throw down a pile of green.

15. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

16. jason100x

jason100x Forum Resident

I have this book too. Excellent read!

17. peteham

peteham Senior Member

18. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

Looks like everyone's had a shot at them, eh?

If Rhino can lease them, AF sure can.

19. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

How did you come up with that?

20. Javimulder

Javimulder New Member

I've had these two on pre-order on Amazon UK since sometime in April... They were last scheduled to come out on June 1st, but they've been delayed again...

21. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

Wouldn't the fact that Warner Bros. is the U.S. label for the Black Sabbath catalog mean that Rhino didn't have to lease them, because Warners/Rhino already owns them. :confused:

22. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Yeah Rhino is a wholly-owned WMG subsidiary.

23. trevaaar

trevaaar Forum Resident

Rhino's remasters were done from the tapes Warner has, these are being done from the ones Sanctuary has which are a lower generation.

24. What was the lowest price for these on amazon.co.uk up until now?

25. Javimulder

Javimulder New Member

It's been going down... I pre-ordered them at 16 quid each, then they went down to 13 and, as of today, they're at 10 each... which I think it's pretty good value...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.