What is the worst film you have ever seen?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dreamwhip, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innercircle

innercircle Forum Resident

Yeah they're in different land :)

Well concerning to Up I went with my wife and 7 years old daughter, we wanted to see some fun as we had have a very hard week, my wife and I coincided that the movie was out of context:

Two kids are meeting and share the same passion for their personal hero but:
    They get married and never can have kids, she dies! He being old starts an adventure and meets to his hero, a little bit late in my opinion, and the hero should be older than him because it was his hero when he was a child! But no they are in almost the same age or unless the movie is what it shows.
    How many years passed between the "hero" scape to south america and he never could catch to the rare bird, and the old man and the child did it the first day they were there.... :rolleyes: c'mon the rest are pure filler scenes trying to rescue a story with no fundaments.

Its only my humble opinion of course but this movie makes me :hurlleft:

2. John Egan

John Egan Active Member

Clearly we disagree on whether Crash was "skillfully made" but to say that anyone who found the film to be maudlin and bombastic would rather close their eyes and ears to racism is obnoxious in the extreme.

A lot of people thought that Titanic had a bad script. I guess that's because they would "rather close their eyes and ears" to the fact that the ship sank.

3. Chris Albertson

Chris Albertson Member In Memoriam

I did not say anything about the film being "maudlin and bombastic" and I apologize for being "obnoxious in the extreme." I was reacting to posts that label it this film as racist. To me, it is very clearly a statement against racism and intolerance, sad to say, it is not a backwards glance. Some people go through life blissfully unaware of its darker side and when that side is presented to them, they refuse to believe it—I think we may be seeing some of that playing out here.

As for your Titanic analogy... Some people tend to block out that which gives them discomfort or induces guilt, but the dramatic sinking of the Titanic pulls a very different triggers. I have seen many unfavorable reviews of that film, but none that questioned that the sinking actually took place.

4. citadel

citadel New Member

Nope. More like a reaction against communist failure in seizing power in Western Europe and general lack of popular support for the Russian brand of communism in Western countries.

5. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

Queen of the Damned popped into my head first after reading the thread title, but I'm sure others will come to me.

6. Studio_Two

Studio_Two Forum Resident

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I have no idea what that last statement means... :confused:

8. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Nor do I. [​IMG] Is he saying we should consider any film based on a tragedy perfect, regardless of any inherent flaws, or what?

(I do think it had a poor script and some inconsistent acting). :hide:

9. Way too many modern liberties that were very much untrue to the culture of the times.

And the "King of the world" line was as awful and cringe-inducing as was the infamous "life like a highway" conceit in Terminator 2.

10. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

:confused:

I didn't like the movie either, nor do I like patriotic nonsense, but I don't see what you're seeing in the film. I just saw dumb crash-crash robots. But racist and torture-defending?

11. I might have said my two picks before:

Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
    Zardoz

Both of these films gave me tremendous headaches when I saw them--basically because of the non-plots and overall ugliness of the production. Then again, Phantom of the Paradise and Buckaroo Bonzai were also headache inducing for similar reasons, yet I actually enjoyed those two movies. Go figure!

12. TheiPodAvenger

TheiPodAvenger Forum Resident

Did you read the rest of the post? He's mocking a Chris A's defense of Crash.

13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Ah - got it. Thanks!

14. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

Any TROMA film. They make most of the films mentioned here Academy Award nominees.

15. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Some of Troma's films are just boring, but some are so bad they're classic. How can one not enjoy The Toxic Avenger, Tromeo and Juliet or Redneck Zombies? Lloyd Kaufman and company know what exactly what they're doing; they market to lovers of B-films and they do so completely tongue in cheek. When they hit a bullseye, there's nothing quite like a whiff of that Troma aroma.

16. John Egan

John Egan Active Member

Chris A is entitled to like Crash but should skip the psychoanalysis. I got annoyed and fired off some quick sarcasm. I should give it an hour before posting in these cases.

17. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

If I thought about it awhile I might come up with another one that's worse, but the first one that has always come to my mind on this question is "Greaser's Palace".

18. Chris Albertson

Chris Albertson Member In Memoriam

Sorry if my personal opinion struck a raw nerve—I hadn't seen the Egan book of rules re entitlements.

19. I like all four but "Zardoz" I enjoy for the camp factor and the fact that basically Sean Connery as Zed is running around in a giant diaper :laugh:

20. I'd certainly put "Transformers 2" into the trash as treasure genre--it's meant to be an empty, junk food movie and succeeds at that goal admirably.

If Michael Bay ever tried to invest meaning in his movies however, then I think we'd be in trouble...and they would be so cringe inducing I'd probably die of embarassment:laugh:

21. I'd take David Cronenberg's "Crash" over the Oscar winning "Crash" any day of the week. I didn't think that "Crash" (the Paul Haggis flick) was necessarily bad just bloated with its self importance.

22. Yep. It was far from great film making but, man, the shots look beautifully composed the CGI...well it's a trash as treasure movie in my book totally devoid of any true meaning and simply there as background eye candy.

23. "Orca the Killer Whale", "A Man Named Horse", "Doc Savage" (high camp factor that was intentional but it fails...IMHO AND the John Philip Souza score just grates).

24. The 1976 remake of "King Kong" (Ok just about ANYTHING from that decade that Dino produced reeked) came across as a combination of a bad "Godzilla" movie, filled with campy humor and felt like a Bond movie without Bond AND with a giant gorilla as the bad guy.

Did I mention the horrible looking giant snake that Kong fights? Pure camp but not in a good way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.