What is the worst film you have ever seen?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dreamwhip, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Just to add - a bleached blond Farrell as Alexander with an Irish brogue. What was Stone thinking of?

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I was skeptical when I went into the "Final Cut", but I gotta admit it did offer definite improvements. Not saying you should definitely give it a look - I wouldn't have watched it if I didn't review it for my site - but I think the "FC" is a decent movie... :shrug:

3. biggerdog

biggerdog Senior Member

I have to submit "Snow White and the Three Stooges", playing on AMC right now.

What were they thinking?

4. Blencathra

Blencathra New Member

Exactly - I bet Snow White is spinning in her grave!

5. The knowingness is a big part of what I don't like about Troma films. As some wag once said, "good camp cannot be created, but only discovered", and that applies to trash as well. Troma films give off an air of fanboy cleverness, a revelling in how "bad" they are, that I find off-putting. Better to stick with trash that entertains at right angles to how it was intended.

6. mr.schneider

mr.schneider Active Member

I have a new one to add to the list of 'steamers'.
    I only got thru 25 minutes of it and had to turn it off. This is unusual, because I'll usually watch something just to see what kind of a train wreck it is. This one was far beyond bad.
    Add- A Night At The Roxbury. What a POS.

7. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

HBO has this in rotation now. I saw it in the theater when it was released though as a teenager I suppose its awfulness didn't bother me. But this is a VERY bad movie.

Not that it had the chance to ever be a good movie but why didn't they just stage it like a musical (as opposed to trying to make it like a opera)? The parts where there is no singing are among the silliest things I've ever seen on film.

8. Studio_Two

Studio_Two Forum Resident

Doesn't the Ennio Morricone Soundtrack count for something?

[​IMG]

9. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

I'd say so. The main theme is one of Morricone's most memorable, IMO.

10. Worst movie I have seen during the past 5 years: The Spirit

11. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

You're tough to please. I didn't think Death at a Funeral or Kill Bill was that bad. I've seen worse but blocked them from my memory.

12. VeeFan64

VeeFan64 A 60s Music Kind of Guy

Hamlet 2. Jeeesus, so bad.

13. AllegroVivace

AllegroVivace Forum Resident

Any film directed by M Night Shyamalan. Nothing makes me cringe more than stupid, big-budget horror thrillers filled with pretensions.

14. ghostdwg

ghostdwg Senior Member

I wasted 90 minutes last night watching The Happening-it was god-awful, even the presence of the lovely Zooey Deschanel couldn't save it!

15. Blencathra

Blencathra New Member

How about any film made in the last 3 or 4 years? That works for me:righton:

16. bodhisattva

bodhisattva Senior Member

I'm sure there are technically worse, but for me it was Highlander 3, which I saw in a (reasonably full) theater on opening day.

So the first 10 minutes or so of the movie is a montage of Christopher Lambert building some kind of super-sword - forging the metal, sharpening, etc., and then training with the sword. Right after this "epic" montage, he meets the bad guy (Mario Van Peebles, more about him later) and they swing their swords at each other and Lambert's sword literally shatters in to dust (!) Honestly Chris, maybe you should consider another line of work outside of sword-smithery! Then he goes and beds some chick he's known for about 8 seconds, and then has some kind of existential crisis as the result of his sword being destroyed. We then find him on top of a random hill in the highlands of Scotland, practicing his swordfighting in some sort of Rocky IV training montage rip-off - and then (AND THEN!) the female conquest comes trotting up the hill and says words to the effect of "I thought I'd find you here." Find you here? Find you where? You're on a hill in the middle of nowhere! By this point the crowd in the theater was openly hostile - I actually involuntarily yelled out 'OH COME ON!' at the preceding scene, such was my incredulity. I don't remember much after that but a lot of people were throwing stuff at the screen after that. Oh and Mario Van Peebles as the bad guy? Really? Whatever the opposite of gravitas is, he's got the market cornered.

Honourable mention to Robocop 3 - I saw this at a special preview screening for press and contest winners, complete with guy dressed up as Robocop, and by the time Robocop straps on the jetpack and starts flying (how did this seem like a good idea, even on paper?) the crowd was laughing so loudly you could barely hear what was happening onscreen. I thought it was funny (in an ironic sort of way) that an original movie that had a 'violence is bad, mkay?' message, was followed up by two sequels that had an increasing message of 'violence is AWESOME!' Thank goodness it was free to watch..

17. Brian J

Brian J Forum Resident

Ed Wood

18. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Tell us you mean an actual Ed Wood film.

19. Brian J

Brian J Forum Resident

If I recall the fIlm was called "Ed Wood". Starred an up and comer male actor who I can't recall, nor can I recall what the movie was about. Dicaprio or Depp, perhaps. Stayed with it 'til the end hoping for something to come to fruition. Nope.
    Not certain what is meant by "an actual Ed Wood Film"?

Brian

20. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

If you don't even understand the question, then it is clear that you DIDN'T EVEN SEE the film that you are calling the worst film you ever saw (or at least comprehend it on any level).:help:

Dudley Morris likes this.
  21. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

It's a tie between Manos, and Showgirls.

22. Brian J

Brian J Forum Resident

As I stated, I lasted through the whole film waiting, wanting something to save the two hours spent. Guess I just didn't get? Are you saying it may be worth another shot with a different frame of mind or some background knowledge? That has worked in the past on movies and music. Tried with Pulp Fiction, failure. Rewatched Dusk 'til Dawn after someone advised me on how to approach it, and I thought it was, 1)hilarious; and 2), very cleaver.

Brian

23. DOUBTINGTHOMAS29

DOUBTINGTHOMAS29 Forum Resident

I just watched Smokin' Aces and it was big smokin' pile of s**t.

24. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

No. I'm saying that at least you could have figured out that Ed Wood was a filmmaker (of particularly awful films, like Plan Nine From Outer Space), so an "actual Ed Wood film" would be a film that ED WOOD MADE (example: Plan Nine), and not his film biography (which you hated).

25. This seems to be an example of drinking and posting. Hating Ed Wood and liking From Dusk To Dawn? I dunno...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.