Led Zep IV Target on Ebay. Holy crap!

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by crispynz1, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

This question gets asked just about every week. Try "Search", you will find many answers.

Only a week ago -> http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=199581

2. houston

houston Forum Resident

what did it go for? I stopped watching after it zoomed past $300

3. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

still 2 days to go.

4. AFCAD

AFCAD Forum Resident

I told the owner that he had made the Hoffman Forums - he replied to my email as follows:

"I remember this mate of mine that I used to see at Metal for Melbourne every Friday/Saturday telling me one Friday night that he had seen the CD at Douglas Hi-fi.

Man I RAN all the way there so that I wouldn’t miss out on it.

It was the only one that they had.

From memory I may have asked if they had any others just in case any of the other ill Zeppelin fans wanted one and I was told it was the only one that they had.

As far as rare or uncommon Zeppelin officially released CD’s, it is right up there.

I don’t think that anyone cared at the time to be honest.

And for all my zeal I can’t even remember playing it as I didn’t get a CD player for at least 5-6 years after I purchased the CD.

By that stage I had other pressings so I would have played later pressings just to preserve the mintness of the first issue."

The owner has been a fairly massive Zeppelin collector for years - the above is an interesting insight re: how he found it and how things change over time!

5. mewdisk

mewdisk Member

6. mrbillswildride

mrbillswildride Internet Asylum Escapee 2010, 2012, 2014

Nice price, and picture! :righton: :eek: :sigh:

:D

7. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

I look forward to finding one in the bins.

8. mrbillswildride

mrbillswildride Internet Asylum Escapee 2010, 2012, 2014

Half way between heaven and hell...

Guess I better head south for myself... :angel: :winkgrin: :wave:

:D

9. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

My high bid of $600 wasn't even close. :)

:wave:

10. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I bet it happens more than people think.

I reckon if I went through my friends cd collections I would probably find this target. Lots of my mates were buying cds well before me and they still have their stuff - apart from the ones who sold them all when remasters came out!

Eddie

11. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

I know there must be examples packed away in attics and basements. I don't even know what most people do with their CD collections. Seems to me that most small towns in the US don't have used CD stores.....

12. houston

houston Forum Resident

I think I will find some red spray paint, and coat my silver Japan Zepplin IV, and tell myself I own a $1500 cd...and then I will have dinner with the Tooth Fairy

13. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I only bid $500. I was hoping, but knew it was way off. :laugh:

14. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

Might not be true, but it seems like prices on the IV West Germany Target have come down a bit.

15. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

The West German target highlighting the U.S. catalog number, 19129-2, is rather common, so I'm not surprised. On the other hand, the West German target highlighting the European catalog number, 250 008, is pretty rare.

16. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

I have at least a couple of the West Germany Target and have never even checked which catalog numbers are shown, as I was unaware of the differences.

17. KeithH

As I recall, the first forum member to report the red Japanese target found it at a Half Price Books.

18. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

:idea: I think I will save even more money, not buy the red spray paint and will listen to my digitally identical silver disc.

Thank goodness I do not collect those discs (no temptation at all)

19. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Could you be more specific? I think I may have one of these.

20. KeithH

The rare West German target:

[​IMG]

21. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

Keith,
    I have the disc pictured (not that disc,one just like it). How rare is it? How much do you think it's worth?
    thanks,
    jerol

22. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Didn't some of these have USA artwork? I know PaulT acquired a lot of IV targets trying to get the correct artwork for the CD.

23. KeithH

No, you don't have the one pictured. That's my copy. I just checked, and it's still on my shelf. ;)

In my experience, that West German target is not as rare as the Japanese Zeppelin targets, but it's pretty rare. I don't think $100 is out of the question for it on eBay if it's advertised as the rare variation.

24. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Thanks for the photo. Mine has different catalog numbers on the disc.
    19129-2
    (80084-2)

25. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I can't find my thread, maybe it was deleted. But I sold one here in pristine condition to a forum member, but can't remember if it was the rare Euro version.

I sold that one for $100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.