Aerosmith Rocks SACD is alive!

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by OE3, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Good for you Eddie!

You can bet that from this point forward I will make sure to peruse the "Aerosmith" section of the used CD bins at every record store I go into... :)

2. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

3. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

While perhaps lower than Eddie would have liked, that has to be a record for the sale of a used SACD. Congrats!

4. dbmay75

dbmay75 Funk & Guitar Junkie

Here is a photo in case anyone wants a copy:

Attached Files:

5. OE3

OE3 Senior Member Thread Starter

When I listed it, I thought I'd get $2K. So not as much as I thought, but no complaints!

Nope, Michael Jackson parking pass from last rehearsal.

Attached Files:

6. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Do we know the winner?

7. mknappe

mknappe Well-Known Member

Me too! :)

8. mknappe

mknappe Well-Known Member

To me, this would have been a fine collectible investment, one that I'm sure will appreciate decently in the years to come. Nice sniping at the end, I didn't even have a chance to counter.... :)

Mike

9. nsxelent

nsxelent Forum Resident

:wave:

Eddie, I'm looking forward to lunch Wednesday!

10. nsxelent

nsxelent Forum Resident

Sorry for the last second bid. I've been looking for this SACD title since I learned it existed on this site two years ago. Rocks is my favorite Aerosmith title.

11. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

Congrats to you, nsxelent! And Eddie.

I'd love to hear how this sacd sounds. Truly one of the great hard rock albums of all time. I just played 80's vinyl pressing and it still kicks a**.

12. nsxelent

nsxelent Forum Resident

Thanks! Yeah, the original vinyl sounds fantastic and I'm really looking forward to hearing how this SACD version compares. :agree:

13. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Congrat's Eddie....I thought your haul would about double at the end....close...that $1526 will buy muy, muy Pesos por ya'all's trip. :righton:

14. My appraisal was pretty accurate, though I did hedge by giving a large range. It will be interesting to see its value in the coming years. I suspect it will be tied to how relevant and viable SACD playback is in the marketplace.

Congratulations to the winning bidder. There are a few albums that I would have spent well over the winning bid for a singular copy on SACD. Thankfully for my wallet, Rocks is not one of them.

15. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

$1526? I called it! I said $1500.

16. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Ok, you don't list your system in your profile...what are you gonna play that bad boy on?

17. OE3

OE3 Senior Member Thread Starter

Yeah, but you live in Vegas. :cheers:

18. F1nut

F1nut Forum Resident

My congratulations to the buyer and seller.

19. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

For me, "Wow!", as in, that's it? I thought it would have gone for more.

(I'll go post this in the main thread now.)

20. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

i thought a CD collector would have wanted it more than an Aerosmith fan.....

it sold for about the recent (last few months) sale price on our favorite LZ grail.....

21. glimmersingle

glimmersingle Forum Resident

Yes it was. I was outbid at 1112 US$ three seconds before closing.:realmad: Now I hope that some Sony officials, music industry employees, music press people will check their left free bee stuff in cellars, boxes...... and finally a few more will appear!

Congratulations to Eddie and best regards from germany:wave:

Frank:edthumbs:

22. My prediction was off by about $8500. :shrug:

23. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

It will be interesting to see if any other copies come out of the woodwook given the price for Eddie's copy. Of course, there may be no other copies out there, but one has to wonder, especially since the copy Eddie just sold is a finished copy (with inserts and slipcase).

I contemplated bidding, but in the end, it's not my favorite Aerosmith album (I'm more of a compilation guy when it comes to Aerosmith). Also, I thought, what if something were to happen to it? I wouldn't be able to make and use a safety copy.

24. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yes, in "Price Is Right" world, you win! :)

25. I watch these things and I have never seen a used or new SACD go for anything near $1,500 before. If there has been a previous example similar to this, I would like to start hunting for that one as well. Looking for this one isn't worth the effort, it just isn't out there. I would have to sell my entire collection of 200+ SACD's to top this and it includes two Aerosmith titles.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.