Aerosmith Rocks SACD is alive!

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by OE3, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

So, what's the theory on how only one of these could have been produced?

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

The theory is that they produced more than one but this is the only one that escaped into the consumer realm. I don't think anyone believes it's the only copy in existence - gotta be more of them out there...

3. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

well, far more than one would have been manufactured...i'd bet on that...but all of them could have been destroyed by now....

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Maybe it will be one of those "warehouse finds" where Acoustic Sounds will obtain 100 cases of them...and sell the discs for $300 each. ;)

5. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Maybe the rest got destroyed? Record companies are well known for destroying product that they intend not to sell or can't sell.

6. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Congrats! Hope you enjoy the disc. :wave:

7. $1500 is probably the new record, but I see many popular SACDs that had limited units manufactured in the first place get well over $100 for used copies. Anyone happen to know the most expensive SACD sold in the classifieds here?

8. tiggers

tiggers Formerly tiggres

Or "this won't play on my CD, must be defective. The trash can is a good place for it" :sigh:

9. dmckean

dmckean Forum Resident

I would have made you a 24/192 PCM safety copy with the HDMI breakout box for nothing more than a listen. I could have authored a DVD-A or Blu-Ray disc.

10. tiggers

tiggers Formerly tiggres

The next closest Hi-Rez title I saw go for close to this was the DVD-A of Chicago X engineering copy back in 2008. That went for $962 (plus DVDA copies of the other two Chicago albums).

11. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I missed that thread originally. Interesting.

As a side note. Member ubsman posted in that thread, which made me realize that I haven't seen him here in awhile. His profile shows that he last visited the forum on January 8th and last posted on January 2nd. Hmm.

12. nsxelent

nsxelent Forum Resident

Thanks Jamie!

13. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I am so jealous.

I would have loved to own that disc.

14. I remember that thread and wondering how in the world that thing made it to an auction.

Chris

15. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

There are now two of these in the world, according to carrolls.

16. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

Thanks!

17. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

pics?

18. Rachael Bee

I wish there were three copies....I was listening to my Columbia CD this week and it's so-oooo lousy. I wish I still had my vinyl. It was stolen back in the 80's.

Mofi....where are you?

19. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

The remaster is pretty darn good but agree with everyone else about the original US vinyl, cut to crank LOUD.

20. Rachael Bee

I thought it was among my best sounding records at the time. I had somebody house-sit for me and take mine and about a dozen other LP's and thought that I wouldn't N-O-T-I-C-E ! His brother finally gave me the lot back but they were ruined by a POS TT. I wish I'd re-bought Rocks.

If I get that remastered version, sure as the sun rises, So-knee will license it to Mofi a few months later....Hmnnn. I may get a copy. That CD the other night was dreadful and dead sounding.

21. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.