Concord Music Group gets Paul McCartney Back Catalogue (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Mike the Fish

Mike the Fish Señor Member

So, any actually track listing news yet?

3. CCRider

CCRider Forum Resident

None so far, but I guess my Toshiba WoA mini-lp will go way down in price after these re-releases... :shrug:

4. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I've got (so far) 4 editions of BOTR: Remaster 93, DCC, Toshiba mini-LP and 1999 25th issue. I'm not counting my original 1973 French LP and double LP (25th anniversary). Oops, now I'm counting them as well. :)

5. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

The rumor from the past few posts seems to suggest "BAND ON THE RUN" might be getting a remix. How do you guys feel about that, and the consistency of the reissue campaign, if one album is remixed and the rest are just remastered? I don't want to assume every album won't be remixed, but it's highly unlikely.

6. jupiter8

jupiter8 Forum Resident

I have the picture disc! (Actually played it-sounded like bacon frying all the way through "Let Me Roll It").

7. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I think the quote you're referring to says that Paul is going to a mixing session for the BOTR reissue -- but I don't think the main album will be remixed. He was probably going to a mixing session for the bonus material.

8. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Gotcha! :righton:

9. Perian

Perian Forum Resident

Watching the live chat with Paul at the moment... The Band On The Run remaster will contain "loads of bonuses" (DVD, artwork) including never-before-seen video from Lagos.

10. jricc

jricc Senior Member

Now that is cool! Footage from Lagos?!

11. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Wasn't the footage in Wingspan from Lagos? The bit with Paul and Linda walking outside. Their attire seemed to match pics from some of the Lagos pictures. I'd love some studio footage but am surprised nothing has ever surfaced before now.

12. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Yes. I also saw the webshow. From what I remember:

It's a remaster, possibly from the original tapes.
    They're going through lots of unseen artwork.
    There will be a DVD included (and seemingly on all subsequent releases). The footage mentioned includes video from Lagos, never seen before, as well as the full footage from the cover photo, some of which Paul uses as a backdrop in the live shows.

That is all I can remember. I did record the show just in case it doesn't surface again.

13. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Sounds like it could be a worthy reissue as far as extra content goes. It'll be nice to have a decent package for a great album after the underwhelming 25th Anniversary edition. The DCC suits me just fine sonically, so I'm only in it for any extra content that might be there. Hopefully the DVD mentioned is fleshed out. I wouldn't just want a mini-doc a la the Beatles remasters.

Thanks for the update!

14. maxheadroom

maxheadroom Senior Member

The DCC Band on the Run is missing a bit from the first piano note on "1985". The 25th anniversary is the only place where it's intact, I believe.

15. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

16. Claudio Dirani

The "unseen" footage maybe is the same we got on Wingspan. Paul and Linda walking hand in hand around the villa (black and white images).
    We've got a few pictures of those included on BOTR 25th anniversary also.
    I hope there's more stuff, though.

17. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

Lets hope all or most of his albums get the same treatment. Maybe it's just backlash from all the attention BOTR gets but I've always preferred Venus And Mars slightly.

18. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

19. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

I couldn't get it to download at all -- the link just opened up a page of gibberish.

20. fabtrick

fabtrick New Member

21. Claudio Dirani

Guess we should click with the right button and "save as" and it'll dowload fine. It's a flv archive, so it must be seen with a flv player, the same one to watch youtube vids.

22. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

I have no problem with this at all, in fact i welcome it and say bring it on, for all of them up to probably Flowers in the dirt, the album i most long to see this happen to is of course Wings Over America.

If the Beatles had remixed instead of remaster then i would have purchased all those in a flash, as it was .. meh :hurl:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:hurlleft:

Greg.

23. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

That footage always baffled me, it does not look like Paul and Linda's standard 16mm home movie footage they were shooting around then, it looked more like b/w local news footage or something.

Here's a regret, as a well know photo whore, i once saw a press photo of Paul performing on stage in Lago's with Fella Ransom Kuti, it was being sold at a collectors fair, by the time i'd raced out to get the money to purchase it, it had already been sold :sigh:

Greg.

24. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

Excellent, been awhile since we've seen upstairs at the Mill, he's done a little redecorating, using Heathers McCartneys (the real Heather) cushions, and probably the original print for the 'Memory' cover, but best of all the original painting for 'Biker like an icon' .. take that Biker nay sayers :D

Greg.

25. gswan

gswan Forum Resident

Hi,

Sorta kinda back on topic, but i can't help but get a little hand flappy at the thought that 'maybe' every album is going to be remastered, and given a special treatment with dvd, bonus tracks etc, i hope the enthusiasm does not wane as they move through the catalog, wish we knew more and could get confirmation that this is what they are planning .. it would almost be cruel not to do this for each album.

Greg. (AKA Special Ethel)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.