SH Forum Members 10% Off Jonifan Items Discount For Life List

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by jonifan, Mar 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptBeyond

CaptBeyond Well-Known Member

Thanks!

eBay: bebopdeluxe
    SHF: CaptBeyond

2. Fatman

Fatman Senior Member

eBay: Magliocchino88
    SHF: Fatman

3. e630940

e630940 Well-Known Member

ebay: abmug00
    shf: e630940

4. mshare

mshare Forum Resident

eBay: rustie56
    SHF: mshare

Thanks!

5. John D.

John D. Senior Member

ebay: johnboy-66
    SHF: John D.

6. peteham

peteham Senior Member

ebay: peteham SH: peteham

7. For The Love

For The Love Active Member

eBay: vintage73
    SH: For The Love

8. shaizada

shaizada Forum Resident

Ebay: gvij
    Here: shaizada

9. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

Cool.

Here-Rose Rive Bear
    Ebay-reimfr

10. Xico

Xico Forum Resident

Thanks!

ebay - xsimoes
    here - Xico

11. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Just a warning. I bought 2 cds from this guy for full price and paid. Then I asked for my discount and was told I should of asked before I paid. I asked if I could still have my discount and every email I sent was ignored. I will never order from this guy ever again.

And no I was never rude at all when asking for my discount.

The first post does not specify that you must ask before you pay or if it does is far from clear. This is what it says in the first post "You must let me know when you have made a purchase with a "I want my SHFM discount (standing for "Steve Hoffman Forum Member")". and this is what I did.

12. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Sigh. You expect him to process a payment at the full price, then wait for the SHF member to request a partial refund for the discount, then have to turn around and process a refund to every SHF member, with every order placed? That would be insane.

The common sense assumption would be to send the message before paying, so you can get the discounted total. Then pay only for that. Once. No refund. No multiple transactions. No extra run-around. Easy.

Craig.

13. August1954

August1954 Forum Resident

Many thanks.

SHF - August1954

Ebay - PhilMakifa

14. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

You think maybe he should change the first post? Also it is VERY easy to process a partial refund. Takes 2 seconds.

pur·chase   /ˈpɜrtʃəs/ Show Spelled [pur-chuhs] Show IPA verb, -chased, -chas·ing, noun
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to acquire by the payment of money or its equivalent; buy.

He said when you have made a purchase. And sorry no excuse for ignoring someones emails who has paid you $60 expecting to get $6 back. Would of been so hard to tell me next time please pay after and then just give me my money?

15. CaptBeyond

No good deed goes unpunished.

16. street legal

street legal Senior Member

Bill, with all due respect, if you read a little further into the thread, jonifan himself admits that the initial way of doing this wasn't working out properly & that the solution is to simply "buy it now" or bid on one of his items & then, BEFORE making payment, to simply send him a message saying that you want your 10% discount.

I have never bought anything on Ebay from jonifan yet, BUT I just spoke to him the other day via e-mail, & he said to simply do exactly what I said above - purchase your item(s), then send him a message asking for your discount, & THEN pay. Pretty simple actually.

17. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

That's what I did the first time I tried it.

18. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Yeah I know that now. But don't you think he could of least worked with me since I did already paid instead of ignore my emails? They were not rude in the least little bit. And I still maintain that the first post should be edited to state you must contact before paying.

19. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

How is that a good deed to ignore my emails after he has my money?

20. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Geez, it's 10%. It's not worth the agravation. :sigh: File it away and use it next time within established parameters.

21. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

$6 is a lot of money to me. I will never buy from him again. I found prices are cheaper elsewhere anyhow even with the discount.

I realize a lot of people on this forum have money but I am not one of them.

22. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Maybe the best solution would be to suggest Fred gives you a one time only 20% discount on the next order to make up for the over payment, assuming the next order (if there is a next order) is that same $60 value.

I've only bought from him once, but my experience was excellent.

23. CaptBeyond

Where?

24. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Pretty much everywhere. Buy.com and amazon.com are two well known places. $27 is no "deal" or "good deed" as you put it.

25. I noticed you left 2 negative feedbacks and followed it up here with further complaints on the matter so anybody reading your comments will know to request the discount before payment.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.