SH Forum Members 10% Off Jonifan Items Discount For Life List

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by jonifan, Mar 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

I did the same thing about five years ago. Paid before I asked for a discount. Fred adjusted it on my next order. He even sent me a promo copy of a MFSL disc.

Giving negative feedback in this situation is pretty harsh and IMHO very unfair. Commenting about his prices is wrong, way off base and against the rules here.

I am sad to see someone who puts himself out there for us getting burned for it.

2. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

How is it harsh? I have him every opportunity to respond to me. I waited quite a while until I gave up. What is unfair is I got ripped off 6 bucks and ignored.

PLEASE explain how it is unfair for me to leave negative feedback, geeessh.

And how exacly is he putting himself out there "for us"? He is selling for full price minus $3 with discount.

I find your post unreal. I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone here.

ALSO How does this guy making things right for you make it right what he did to me?

I AM THE ONE WHO GOT BURNED BY HIM!!!

3. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

It was your error, not his. You did not follow his procedures. Yes they were buried on the second page of this thread, but you should have scanned this thread after you had issues with him. I knew I got it wrong by sending the money first. When I then read what I should have done in this thread - asked for a discount before paying - I realized it was my fault. I thought it would be easier to contact Fred and suggest he give me an additional discount when I purchased my next disc. He was nice enough to comply.

To trash him on ebay when he completed the purchase - according to ebay standards - is wrong IMHO.

BTW - I have bought plenty of music at below list from him. If he is charging list now, so is just about everyone for these discs. At least he has them, and usually gets them first. I've gotten cancellations on MOFI discs from Amazon, Deep Discount and Borders just in the past month. So much for trying to save money...

4. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

When a seller does not answer emails that is wrong. He answered you (5 years ago). He did not answer me. So are you saying it is my fault that he did not answer my emails? I was not rude in the least.

And no I should not have to read past the first post. That is why I said it should be changed.

I can see why you are sticking up for him though since he seems to of treated you so well.

Have you read anything I wrote or are you just trolling here? Either that or you are friends with this guy. By the way how many posts does this generous forum member have? How active is he here on the forum?

I guess I just have higher standards. I would never in a million years ignore someone who paid me for something.

5. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Gee - thanks for calling me a troll. :shake: I am just sharing my experience - and apparently the experience of many other satisfied customers here.

Sounds like you "get off" on being mean...so there will no further comments by me to supply you with fresh ammunition.

6. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Your probably better off sticking to mp3's anyway, if your system is really as stated in your profile. :righton:

7. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Yeah while ignoring my experience all together. You are the one whole called me all kinds of things. Just because I do not let people walk all over me does not make me mean. I do not "get off" on anything like that at all.

8. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Yeah I will have to buy 6 less though since I was ripped off $6. That is a fine example fo trolling by the way. :righton:

9. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Since when is the truth trolling? :confused:

10. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

I find it DISGUSTING that you would take a kind offer of a discount that was offered totally outside of eBay, and use the fact that you did not read and follow the rules of that offer, and turn around and leave negative feedback?

Holy cow. Even though I rarely sell on eBay anymore, I am adding you to my blocked bidders list. I don't care how much money you have or don't have, I would not want you bidding on any of my auctions.

If you are going to continue on and on with this bull, send me your email address in a PM and *I* will sent you $6 just to, well, you know.

I am serious.

11. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I read the first post and did exactly what it said to do. Frankly I find your attitude DISGUSTING. How hard is it to write someone back? I gave him every chance before I left that negative feedback. If you want to send me free money go right ahead. On the other hand I am little scared to give someone like you my email address though so nevermind. :eek: If you want to buy my album using the link below that will net me $6 so go right ahead. *I* am serious.

12. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

13. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

How does it have nothing to do with Ebay. the guy came here and said he will give 10% on EBAY. This is getting pretty funny to me. Anyone else want to give me $6?

14. CaptBeyond

CaptBeyond Well-Known Member

Nah, don't think anyone here would wanna give you the sweat off their ... after the infantile negative feedback you left for Fred.

What's with your sig, anyways? Meant to induce cognitive dissonance?

15. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

unless you are offering money I don't want to hear it ;)
    The neg was well deserved and I would do it again.

Did that sig strike a chord with you?

16. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Negative feedback for your inability to follow directions is not well deserved.

17. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

No it was for the seller not answering my many emails, I gave him every chance. Also read the first post. It doesn't say don't pay first. I did follow the directions.

"...let me know when you have made a purchase with a "I want my SHFM discount (standing for "Steve Hoffman Forum Member")". That's it."

18. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

On ebay, purchasing something and paying for it are two separate steps. Common sense says don't pay full price and expect your discount afterward.

19. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

ATSMUSIC, you've been on these forums long enough - you should know by now that after 15 minutes or so, the original poster can't edit their own posts. So it's not like jonifan could go back to that first post in this thread and edit it with his latest instructions.

Given the nature of this bulletin board system, you should have thought to read through the thread for additional instructions or updates. (Yeah, I know it's a really long thread now, but that's no excuse.)

For example, I think at some point (maybe it was a different thread than this one?), jonifan changed his preferred handle to some reference to Bruce Springsteen ("allthingsboss"?? something or other).

And I also think he has since let the forums know that it's better to email him directly at a Gmail account for the discount, rather than using the eBay messaging system.

So jonifan's process has evolved over time. Maybe it would be best if jonifan started up a fresh new thread, with his latest policies, new handle, and discount offer, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't spend much time here on the forums, considering how he's been treated by a few people in response to his generous offer.

Craig.

20. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Nope he could of easily asked a Gort to change the first post.
    Just like he could of easily answered one of my many emails that were not rude at all. No way I should have to read through the whole thread.

Maybe one of his friends in this thread should contact him and get the first post edited.

Look how I have been treated. I am still here. And we will just have to agree to disagree that this is a "generous offer"

I will say it was nice to get a reply that was not full of insults. At least you have some class.

21. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I haven't read all the pages here. Anyone other then you complaining? Also, now that he knows your unhappy, why not keep it between you and him and off here.

22. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

All I did was post on here and said make sure you pay first because I was screwed out of my money since I did not. Then I answered every post that questioned my motives. He could of even contacted me after I left the negative and we could of still resolved it and the negative would of been removed.

Seems you and many others are the ones doing the complaining.

Anyone else want to keep this going?

23. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

I've got nothing to complain about. I sent him an e-mail before I bought from him on how to do it.:D

24. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Good thinking :righton:

Nice he answered you lol

25. CaptBeyond

CaptBeyond Well-Known Member

Have you gotten your six dollar's worth of revenge yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.