Help With Burrrn

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Barnabas Collins, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member Thread Starter

Do any of you Burrrn experts know why I'm getting the following error? I've gone through 3 or 4 CDRs and I keep getting the same message. The funny thing is, I just finished burning a CD just prior and it worked fine. I converted my FLAC files to Wav and then moved them over to Burrrn. Keep in mind I'm very new at this so go easy!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Finished processing file #1.
    Finished processing file #2.
    Finished processing file #3.
    Finished processing file #4.
    Finished processing file #5.
    Finished processing file #6.
    Finished processing file #7.
    Finished processing file #8.
    Finished processing file #9.
    Initializing SPTI ... OK!
    SPTILOCK:2,1,0: PBDS CDRWDVD DH-48C2S Rev: ND11
    SPTILOCK:2,1,0: PBDS CDRWDVD DH-48C2S Rev: ND11
    Starting write
    Starting write at speed 12...
    Starting write at speed 12...
    Turning BURN-Proof on
    Turning BURN-Proof on
    ERROR: Cannot set write parameters mode page.
    Turning BURN-Proof on
    ERROR: Cannot set write parameters mode page.
    ERROR: Cannot setup write parameters for session-at-once mode.
    ERROR: Please try to use the 'generic-mmc-raw' driver.
    ERROR: Writing failed.

2. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

Settings, general on the burrn window.

I have SPTI and raw checked. YMMV. Play with them. You can only lose another couple of CDRs. (or get a CDRW)
    Is your CD burner new? Diagnostics? All drivers OK? Is 12x a supported speed?

3. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks Mikey! Clicking on "raw" seemed to do the trick. I've burnt several CDs with no problems.

Cheers!! :)

4. DragonQ

DragonQ Forum Resident

Always best to test new burning programs and/or configurations with a CD-RW! Personally I only use CD-RWs for car music - I have 3 or 4 at a time and wipe & re-use one when I fancy a change. That was before I got my new MP3 player and 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable though. ;)

5. steeler1979

steeler1979 Darren from Nashville

Hello kiddies!

I recently started having some issues with EAC freezing up on "writing lead in" and after doing some research on the forum and trying all of the possible fixes, I gave up. I then started reading recommendations regarding BURRRN on here so I downloaded it. What a great program! What I've been doing is readying the cue sheets in EAC and then pulling them into BURRRN to make my discs. It handles the cue sheets with ease every time. Simple, simple, simple. I like that :) However I have a question regarding BURRRN and pre-emphasis. How does BURRRN handle the PE? Anyone here know from experience? So far the discs I've done are of the non PE variety, but I'd like to know for future reference. Anyone know?

Also rather than starting a whole new thread, I thought continuing with a thread called "Help With Burrrn" made sense. Apologies to the original OP if he disagrees, just trying to get some help of my own!

6. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

BTW, you don't have to convert your FLAC files to Wav, Burrrn will do that for you. Just drag the FLAC files into Burrrn and burrrn baby burrrn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.