Blind Faith Self Titled: Is it just murky?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Danny, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blind Faith UK Polydor

with just one play-through, I'm even with the $14.95 price....all gravy from here onward.....:pineapple:

2. pjr114

pjr114 Forum Resident

I agree with you. The DE sounds quite good and the bonus material is definitely worth it, which is in general much better than what's available on grey market or was available at one time.

I also have the version with the Gretch bonus tracks and definitely feel the DE is a major improvement. Also I don't understand the disparaging of the ATCO US first pressing on vinyl. That record sounds fine, it's not muddy at all. It's certainly not the best sounding production but it's clear and has good separation and presence. Perhaps pushed too much in places, but it holds up very well. They could have done a better job at the source but it's on a par with many of the better productions from that period.

3. ashulman

ashulman Forum Resident

My vinyl pressing sounds nice, not murky at all. Only problem, I'm not home and don't know what version it is. I do know its an uncensored cover, but not gatefold. My gut tells me its RSO, but could be Polydor or ATCO - my brain doesn't work as well as it used to. Anyway, I've always liked the way it sounds, despite the haphazard and unpolished production. It's open, with a lot of room to breath.

4. WPLJ

WPLJ Forum Resident

What were the bonus tracks on the first-issue CD? I have never heard of this.

5. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I have the Deluxe Edition and I am very happy with the sonics.

6. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

2 demos cut by Rick Grech, I remember one was called Exchange and Mart.
    They were pretty bad.

7. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

...and "Spending all My Days"

8. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

"Exchange And Mart" is a blues instrumental featuring Grech's violin and (I think) Clapton's guitar, "Spending All My Days" is a love song. Not awful but nothing special. I got rid of this CD a while back.

9. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I've got the original European CD with the extra tracks and agree: they're completely dispensable.

I wonder what the story is behind 'em? i.e., who's responsible and did they know? ...

10. WPLJ

WPLJ Forum Resident

Good question. Did they have anything to do with Blind Faith. Are Winwood and Baker on them at all?

11. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

I own several versions of this CD, its sound is a little different, certainly not a polish job!

12. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I like 'em. They add a certain charm to the end of the CD. I also think that particular pressing sounds pretty good as well.

13. andy749

andy749 Senior Member

I like the album a lot more today than I did back when it first came out. I really loved Cream then and the Blind Faith just seemed kind of cold and like something was missing (Jack Bruce?). I wasn't surprised that they only lasted one album. I own the DE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.