Beatles Remasters On Vinyl: Please Post News Here

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dgsinner, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

EXACTLY...and I have to ask Spyder how accurate IS this information? Can he trust his source?

You know, I was excited about this two years ago and then once I heard all of the "minor adjustments" in the stereo set I got a little discouraged. Now, I have to say I am a little indifferent to the whole thing. The fact that the mono box set is mentioned DOES bring me some hope, but I think I still want to focus on completing my original UK pressing collection (only a handful of pressings to go before I have covered most of the earlier tube cuts). Is anyone else feeling the same way, or is everyone REALLY gung ho about this?

2. TheCassidy

TheCassidy New Member

Don't get too excited, fellas.

The Mono will be limited to 10,000 copies World-wide so you'd better line up the night before to get one.

;)

3. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Please master it in the UK BUT send it to Japan for production. This way we can get accurate reproductions of the original covers.

4. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

You'r never going to get dead accurate repros of original covers especialy the original Clarifoil lamination were applicable. The mono box is the most interesting and is likely to be less futzed with as per the CD issue. Later individual albums in Stereo are welcome as long as they are from high resolution files.

5. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

I think you missed out several zeros ;)

6. j_sunne

j_sunne Forum Resident

This is great news. Finally I can upgrade my groove burnt mono Capitol Peppers and get my hands on a mono White Album. Seems the box set is the only way to get them though.

7. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Why are the boxes listed here, I dont quite get the listing???
    Someone help me understand..

8. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

It looks like a listing of all registered individual products, which would include the box sets. Also includes the Red and Blue albums for no explainable reason.

9. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Ok, thanks for the clear up. Hehe, might have to save buck or couple if wanna get both boxes..:agree:

10. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

They like all the vinyl catalogue EXCEPT Abbey Road (1995) are out of print currently.
    A bit crazy given the increased interest in vinyl, eh?

11. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member

Laminated with "Clarifoil" is a Decca feature!

12. Donutsss

Donutsss Forum Resident

I'm still saving up for The Rolling Stones boxset :help:

13. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

It's actually pretty easily explainable... maybe they're putting Red and Blue out on vinyl, just like they reissued them on remastered CDs.

14. dotheDVDeed

dotheDVDeed Forum Resident

Capitol label on the Magical Mystery Tour LPs?

Parlophone labels on the earlier LPs or will everything have Apples or something else?

15. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

Here we go again....

16. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

What is the source of this info? Is it reliable?

17. Spyder

Spyder Official vinyl solicitor and connoisseur.

read the first line in my post

18. So in other words, it is not reliable by its own very terms (e.g., "not official" and "subject to change").

19. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Or, for the positive spin, it's as reliable as something that is "not official" and "subject to change" can be...

20. Spyder

Spyder Official vinyl solicitor and connoisseur.

interpret as you wish, but stating "from EMI" I thought was clear

21. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Hey, I took it as good news, and I thank you for it. :wave:

22. j_sunne

j_sunne Forum Resident

HorZu Labels on MMT!

23. But the phrases "not official" and "subject to change" certainly muddy up the message. So is the information reliable? Using your words from your post, it is not.

24. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Oh, I get that. I just think they're incredibly dated compilations, especially on CD. (EMI must love the double-price point for a single disc's worth of music though) I wish they'd have phased those out in the 90's and replaced them with a real, CD-era compilation (something more thorough than '1'). Now that CD's are dead, it's unnecessary. But the kind of people who want vinyl reissues want the original LP's, I can't see any reason for Red and Blue reissues. But...so long as there's a well-done mono box, I'll be happy. Hopefully they'll learn a thing or two from that Dylan one.

25. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

After a while the used shops will split them out. Assuming anyone sells one.

It was about three months before they started doing that with the CD box here in Berkeley. Now you can't buy a used box set anywhere (still got new ones) but there's always a few individual mono CDs in the bins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.