Yourmusic promo codes

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by MusicForAll, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well Wisher

Well Wisher Forum Resident

They appear to be sticking with $4.99/cd.

2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Yeh i just got a
    "next 48 hours" price email

3. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Crap! I had several classical/opera CDs in my cart, along with Dusty Springfield's "Gold" and went to buy them today. Three of them were gone. My one CD in my queue went out of stock the same day it was supposed to ship. At least, I wasn't charged for it.
    I still managed to grab four CDs, now at $3.99 each.

4. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Time to grab what's left and run

5. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

took a quick run through the artists and grabbed a couple of cds with the 399SALE promo code. That's it!

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

In the past few days, they have removed a HUGE portion of the catalog from YourMusic. There really is very very very little left. This happened very recently.

If you can find something you actually want, $3.99 shipped is a good deal. I bought the latest Katy Perry and Mika's first album for $3.99...

7. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Grabbed 'La Vie En Rose' soundtrack and Willie Nelson's American Classic.

8. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

I'm having serious
    issues getting on the site :realmad:

9. freditor

freditor Forum Resident

same here

10. JRB

JRB Forum Resident

I'm having connection issues as well. The servers are probably getting overloaded. I may try later on.

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I think it's amusing that at $3.99 their servers can't handle the load. I wonder what people are actually buying...since there's so little left...

I am curious how they decided what to pull from the club. Perhaps anything without club markings was shipped back to the labels for refund? I doubt their licenses allow them to sell it off to third party distributors at fire sale prices--though who knows? If they did sell it off to a third party, I expect we'll quickly see club marked items in bulk at either Newberry Comics, or GoHastings, or FYE--who in the past have made huge purchases of overstock from distressed vendors.

12. JRB

JRB Forum Resident

I still had about 4 or 5 items in my queue that I'm gonna order, plus maybe a few hits comps. Not all of us are strictly classic rock enthusiasts

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Who is strictly a classic rock enthusiast? Certainly not me. I looked through rock, soul, country, folk...and saw nothing but dead dogs and inferior hits collections for the most part...

14. JRB

JRB Forum Resident

I dunno, this Jan and Dean comp looked pretty decent to me. They also have a few interesting country albums left. There are a couple diamonds in the rough if you can find 'em.

15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

That Jan & Dean comp is OK...one of the few items like that left in the club. But it has been available for probably more than a decade from the club, and I already have it... :)

16. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Yeh , i had a few i was gonna get a few days ago at $4.99 & they ran out .... oh well , not much left ......

17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

On Monday there were probably 20-30 titles in the "Gold" series available (those are 2CD hits issues from UMG). Today, there's not a single one...

18. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

I still can't load the site

19. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I can load it , but there's a 3 minute wait per search ............. really next to nothing left ...

20. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I did manage to get the 2cd/1dvd Depeche Mode Touring The Universe set for $11.97, but that's the only thing I could find that I wanted that I don't already have.

21. I got a few things, it looks doubtful the price goes any lower. I went through most of the remaining selections letter by letter and only picked up three albums.

22. jimsumner

jimsumner Senior Member

I was holding out for two classical box sets, Solti's Beethoven symphonies and Ashkenazy's Mendelssohn symphonies. Price comes down to $3.99 per disc but they're both history.

Of course, I can get them from third-party sellers at almost that price.

I did find a few singles but the site was painfully slow. Lots of people plundering the ruins.

23. Well Wisher

Well Wisher Forum Resident

If you are picking through the remains, I'd recommended the CD by Tim O'Reagan (the drummer from The Jayhawks) - it's a great record if you haven't heard it. Ben Harper's "Both Sides of the Gun" is also a good deal.

I ordered the few things I could find - David Bowie Live (2 CD), a Crowded House compilation, The Thrills, Sonic Youth - Goo, and a Beach Boys compilation. Nothing that great but worth at least $3.99 a pop.

24. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

I'll second that. :thumbsup:

25. avbuff

avbuff Forum Resident

Same here, three picks after browsing for twenty minutes or more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.