Whatever Happened To? - (Actor or Actress)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tone, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tone

Tone Senior Member Thread Starter

What's Bridget Fonda up to? Has she made a movie in years? .... Miss her work. She was way cool in "Jackie Brown".

2. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Penelope Ann Miller. She was big for quite awhile and then poof gone from the
    Big screen.
    Saw her show up in the latest episode of Men Of A Certain Age.

3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Peter Fonda's daughter was a pretty face, guess family life took over.

4. Bridget has been married to Danny Elfman for most of the time she has been inactive, and with one child it may simply be motherhood and family life that has been her focus. I am sure there is no urgent need financially. Without knowing anything about their marriage, I assume it is a good one and she is happy with her life. I liked her too.

Someone about the same age, Phoebe Cates, may be in exactly the same situation.

5. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Another I miss is Renee Russo. Always classy on the big screen.

6. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

She just came out last week on an episode of Celebrity Ghost Stories. She had a tale about her grandma.

7. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

She was just in Thor...playing his mom.

8. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

Charlie Sheen...he seemed to have everything going for himself and then gone.

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

True. I've heard he's still winning on a smaller stage, though.

10. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Michael Keaton...he has virtually disappeared over the last 15 years or so...

11. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Last year, he had a pretty funny supporting role in "The Other Guys" and was hilarious as the voice of "Ken" in "Toy Story 3". That being said, his feature film output in the double 00s has been pretty sporadic.

12. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

Keaton was the best part of that movie for me. "Don't go chasing waterfalls" :D

EDIT: I also think that it's a crime he's not getting more roles. In my opinion, he's shown that he has serious skills.

13. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Most of the Brat Packers from the '80s are rarely seen.

1. Ally Sheedy??? Every once in awhile she might appear in some Indie film.
    2. Judd Nelson??? Ditto, but haven't seen him in anything in years.
    3. Emilio Estevez??? Mostly a behind the scenes guy, directing. Last time I saw him in anything was as a guest in an episode of his brother's ex-sitcom.
    4. Molly Ringwald??? Family Life took a priority.
    5. Anthony Michael Hall??? Haven't seen him since his Dead Zone series went off the air.
    6. Andrew McCarthy??? Seen him in mini series and short-lived failed series on cable, but no feature films.
    7. Demi Moore??? Is she now just famous for being famous being married to Ashton Kutcher? Haven't seen her in anything in a long time.
    8. Rob Lowe - Probably the most active/successful of the core 8 Brat Packers.

Seen more of the secondary Brat Packers than of the core 8. Such as James Spader, Jon Cryer, Robert Downey Jr., Kiefer Sutherland, etc.

14. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I've completely lost track of Actor, but I hear Actress is alive and well touring the off-Broadway theater circuit.

15. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Anthony Michael Hall appeared as a bully on Community. Was very funny.

16. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Yes, I remember now that you mentioned it. Also, was in a recent Batman movie.

17. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Moore's films were starting to tank at the box office, even with her showing skin. She left to raise the kids and, I suspect, make money at other things. She always impressed me as a very serious business person, not as someone who enjoyed acting for any sense of art. For instance, she was one of the producers on the first Austin Powers movie--I think she made a few bucks off that. I think she did a movie with Michael Caine a year or two ago that tanked.
    Ringwald has a series somewhere on cable where she's playing a mom to apregnant teen.

18. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Judd Nelson - guest-starred on "Two & a Half Men" as the ex-husband of Courtney Thorne-Smith's character, who is involved with Jon Cryer's character. Nelson's character would've been perfect to move into Charlie's place.

Emilio Estevez - finished directing movie "The Way" with his father, Martin Sheen.

Andrew McCarthy - see this thread

19. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Saw all the episodes but totally forgot he appeared in a couple.

20. Tone

Tone Senior Member Thread Starter

Yes, he's become quite a good travel writer. I've enjoyed a few of his pieces in magazines.

"There's a certain moment in every memorable journey, often recognized only in hindsight, when the trip you are on presents itself, and the one you thought you were taking or had planned is jettisoned. It's then that you begin really traveling, not merely touring."

21. JFS3

JFS3 Senior Member

As with Bridget Fonda, she got married, had a kid and settled into family life.

I assuming the same with Phoebe Cates as well, as both she and hubby Kevin Kline have fallen almost completely off the radar as well.

22. Spirit Crusher

Spirit Crusher Forum Resident

It's a nasty business, who can blame them...

How about Amanda Peterson?

We all know Rick Moranis retired from the business, but I really miss him.

23. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

We do?? I had no idea.:confused:

24. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Jamie Lee Curtis?

25. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Retired from the business. Does Yogurt ads, though.
    I imagine her husband is the breadwinner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.