Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

Dixie can raise the money on her own! She is sooo hot, IMO!

2. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

3. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

TNA was actually better a few months ago when Hogan was gone and Flair was filling this role. At least with Flair you got some humor with his crazy promos and blood every time someone touched him. Hogan is just boring.

The renaming of the brand has changed very little of the product. I think the only thing TNA does better than WWE is the Knockouts Division.

4. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

I don't know. I've tried to watch TNA/Impact a couple of times and found it interesting that they always seem to take place in what looks like a high school gym. All the former WWE people there only reminds me of some of our local affiliate news anchors on ABC, NBC and CBS who then wind up on smaller, less viewed stations doing the news until their careers are over.

5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

They tape Impact in a small studio on the Universal Studios lot- they used to film WCW Worldwide there. I've been there; and you're right- it's pretty small.

6. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident Thread Starter

They also have a better system for letting guys have their top belt. I think we all can safely assume that Cena is going to sit on it for the entire year, or will magically get it back right before Wrestlemania for his match against The Rock.

Lately I've been enjoying Raw due to CM Punk and R. Truth, but other than that...I prefer to watch Impact. I enjoy both, so I'm not saying I dislike Raw, but Impact has an advantage, in my opinion.

7. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I'm not sure about Cena having the belt for the entire year. I would expect Rock to beat Cena at Wrestlemania but he is not going to be around full time to defend so why make it a championship match when you could have multiple main events?

Also, WWE was highly criticized for making The Miz a champion so they should be given credit for making the correct choice there. They do sometimes elevate new talent.

8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

The latest on Scott Hall.
    from Pro Wrestling torch
    http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Other_News_4/article_51245.shtml

Former WWE/WCW/TNA star Scott Hall, 52, has checked himself into a Florida jail to begin serving a ten-day sentence, reports TMZ.

Hall is only expected to spend two-to-three days in jail after being "credited with time served." According to Hall's representatives, he will be staying in the medical unit of Seminole County Jail because of "poor health."

Hall was sentenced to jail last month after being found guilty of resisting arrest stemming from an incident in May 2010. According to police, Hall got into an altercation at a Florida bar, resisted arrest when officers were called to the scene, and drunkenly screamed at patrons.

9. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

I was watching the new DX release on Netflix the other night and thought about Scott Hall. According to Bret Hart's book, he hinted that Shawn Michaels (back in the day) had his own problems with alcohol and drugs. Born-again Shawn may be a bit boring (he and Triple H were always great onscreen - too bad they never did a buddy movie), but on the other hand, Shawn managed to survive whereas someone like Hall is still struggling.

That being said, here is a recollection of a road story involving the Kliq from Kevin Nash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzdLL6R-jD8

10. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

If you're a pro wrestling fan, or even a lapsed fan, may I suggest checking out Fighting Spirit Magazine, which is both an upbeat review of all the best things happening in pro wrestling (remember, WWE does not represent all of pro wrestling!) right now, but also a thoughtful look at history.

You can subscribe to the print magazine here or download the iPhone / iPad app here. The app costs $2.99, but you get a full free issue with that purchase.

Apologies to the Gorts and to Steve if these links are against the rules.

11. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

So, Jamie. You were certain that CM Punk would be gone after Money In The Bank. Yet Cena jobbed to him and they are working the main event st Summerslam. :)

12. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

One of them will turn full heel and join Triple H (sigh). :(

13. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

I actually like Triple H in his new onscreen role. Although I am at a loss as to how Johnny Ace will fit into the angle.

And besides, it is time for John to do his Hogan-in-1996-esque heel turn.

14. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

We can only pray...

15. RobMac

RobMac Forum Resident

As much flack as John Cena gets, he is actually a decent worker. His match with Punk from MITB actually got a 5 star rating from Dave Meltzer (one of only 5 WWF/E matches to ever get 5 stars from Meltzer).

16. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

I admire Cena's determination to wrestle and promote WWE as hard and as often as he does, but honestly, his in-ring performances do nothing for me.

Daniel Bryan, on the other hand...

17. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Hey I only know what I hear. I also said I wouldn't be surprised if Punk was secretly signed. I think that they should have let Punk go "rogue" with the title, even to the point of defending it on indy cards a couple of times. Have a WWE "employee" attempt to seize the belt only to be stopped by every indy wrestler in the building. One week was silly, its so transparent.

Cena did a great job.

18. Hawkman

So I'm guessing that my favorite, The Undertaker, is pretty much done or close to retirement???

19. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

He hasn't wrestled since WrestleMania, but he'll likely come back on next year's show to try and make it a 20-0 WrestleMania streak. In the meantime, he's shaved his head, so expect a different looking 'Taker the next time you see him.

20. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

I was a huge fan back in the day. I moved to Portland, Oregon (area) in 1978 and Portland Wrestling was already huge.

Seriously, some of the best wrestlers on the late 70's and early 80's spent considerable amount of time in Portland including Roddy Piper, Buddy Rose, Stan Staziak, Jesse Ventura, Billy Jack Haynes, Dutch Savage, Rip Oliver, Matt Bourne... too many more to list.

Great fun back then. My buddies and I would stay up past 1AM to watch (the tape delay) it on Channel 12 when we were kids.

"WAKE UP... WAKE UP... IT'S TOM PETERSON'S WAKE UP SALE!"

21. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling Triple H is going to ruin this great Punk/Cena feud. I take what I read in the "dirtsheets" with a grain of salt, but there have been so many Triple H horror stories about burying rising stars and stealing the spotlight from others that there must be some truth to them. I guess we will all find out this Sunday.

By the way, I'm going to the RAW show this Monday here in San Diego. I got an e-mail from WWE today and in big bold letters they are trumpeting "featuring WWE COO, The Game, Triple H, in charge!":(

22. evh5150

evh5150 Forum Resident

Is anyone watching SummerSlam tonight? Here's hoping they continue to give CM Punk the chance to shine.

23. Hawkman

Oh great. So now it becomes his personal playground?

I haven't watched any of the Pay Per Views in about two years. I was spending $40 or so a pop just to watch The Undertaker. When he stopped showing up it wasn't worth it for me.

24. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

The show is about to start, so let's see how this all plays out. Hope it doesn't turn into the Triple H Show ... again.:sigh:

25. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Crap ending to an otherwise decent show. Typical WWE WWE booking. :shake: