I'm mastering 1969's "CROSBY, STILLS & NASH" this Tuesday for AF. 4 Guests picked*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Great album choice. This will set up a shoot-out with my Classic 45rpm vinyl.

I'm waiting for Steve to start mastering in NYC.

2. thecrokid

thecrokid Active Member

Just came BACK from California. In NY so I can't make it, but I'm looking forward to this one!

3. Great choice! This is one I'll be picking up. Déjà Vu would be awesome.

4. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

Great news! How 'bout mastering something in Paris for a change? You know, the Audio Fidelity Mastering Session World Tour?

5. Including the alternate mix of Suite: Judy Blue Eyes from the box set as a bonus track would be pretty awesome! I love that version.

6. Charliemcd

Charliemcd Forum Resident

I'm available for this, PM sent. One of the perks of living in So Cal. Thanks Steve!

7. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Your so right on that! I emailed Marshall last month about CSNY, "DejaVu" becoming a gold cd. Here's his response:
    On Aug 23, 2011, at 2:34 PM, Marshall Blonstein wrote:

Hi David,

Anything that has the "Young" in it, as in Neil Young, is impossible to get. There are some other CSN titles we are looking into. What other
    Byrd's titles would you be interested in hearing.

Thanks David for the compliments and the support. It's much
    appreciated.

Marshall

8. TooLoudASolitude

TooLoudASolitude Forum Resident

I was just going to post about wanting to see Deja Vu next as well but after reading this I see there's no point. I love Neil Young but everything I read about him suggests he's 'difficult' to work with.

How about 1977's CSN then?

9. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

:agree:

But no boner tracks though. Just the original album, the way it came out in 1969..

10. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Hey Steve, how about a live feed so we all can enjoy! :D

11. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

If it's being mastered in Oct, when should we expect it to be on sale? Jan/Feb 2012?

12. Steve Hoffman

Folks, I've had hundreds of requests to attend the mastering session. I don't know if it's because of CS&N or what but we only have three spots!

I'll try and figure it out later today or at least by the end of the week.

This has convinced me to do more of these mastering open houses. I didn't realize people were so interested in this..

13. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Are you kidding? It would be a learning experience to sit in on a session! I just wish you could give us a longer heads up time.

14. Steve Hoffman

Only got word yesterday that tapes were in-house and the mastering was needed ASAP. That's how it works in the biz. I only need to know when everything is in place. Then I worry about it. So many times we have been false-alarmed. Not any more. When all the wheels are in motion, the mastering magic happens, and quickly.

Since this project will be pretty painless in mastering, we are opening the doors. Usually it's too tense to invite visitors. This one will be pretty smooth (famous last words)...

Still, I'm amazed that people want to drive in from other states to see this..

15. Cardanken

Cardanken Hyperactive!

Bummed I can't be there for the mastering, but glad I'll soon be owning the resulting gold cd. :)

16. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

That's your modesty Steve. I was PM'ing with another member last night, and we were discussing your Razor & Tie work...and how the sound you create sells itself, long before we knew your name. To actually be there in the room, when you accomplish that...makes sense to me, I'm just too lazy to travel so far, but I get it.

17. thecrokid

thecrokid Active Member

I would fly from NY just to do this. No lie.

18. scousette

scousette Forum Resident

What an incredible opportunity. I wish I was able to fly down to LA for this, but not possible. Whoever is selected, have a great time!

19. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

Steve,

Here's to a magnificent mastering! I love the album and hope your mastering is the absolute best! I still have my Gold Disc version.

20. Samfield

Samfield Forum Resident

It would be great if this disc landed sometime in December. It would look good stuffed into my stocking, hung by the chimney with care...

21. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Huh?

Geez Steve, maybe you haven't been paying attention. :)
    We are all interested and fascinated in the process, reagrdless of the title :wave:

22. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Well, i'm only eight hours away, and I like driving. L.A. traffic doesn't even bother me that much as long as I have time and good music with me.

23. autodidact

autodidact Forum Resident

Steve, it is clear you should start selling tickets to these events. :)

I'm looking forward to listener comments on the final product when it is released. I think I've purchased about 4 or 5 AF titles in the past month, and I'd definitely consider this one too.

24. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

As someone who has sat in on such sessions, I'll vouch that there is no experience in the world like it. I'm too far away to make it, but whoever gets to sit in is going to have the experience of a lifetime.

25. HotHere

HotHere Forum Resident

Please don't do that, Steve. Tickets will become like 'Black Triangles' and only those with deep pockets will get any opportunity to witness such coolness. Just my $0.02 Thanks for all you do for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.