"I Want To Hold Your Hand" orig 63 Parlophone promo

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thebeatles67, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebeatles67

thebeatles67 Forum Resident In Memoriam Thread Starter

The quest is over. After a long time search and losing previous auctions I now have a copy of "I Want To Hold Your Hand" UK Parlophone 1963 promo white label in EX condition. I have been working diligently (along with my partner Danny Jones) for over 2 years on a British Invasion 7 cdr set and this will be used for the cover of 1963.

Anybody know how many Parlophone promo 45's would have been typically pressed in the UK for such a release? Better yet how many still exist? To me this is THE song that began the hysteria and nothing would be the same after it. I have a "RUSH" promo sleeve already waiting for it. Im overjoyed.

Mike

2. kt66brooklyn

kt66brooklyn Senior Member

Is there anything different, about the promo, form the red label Parlophone issue?

3. thebeatles67

No--nothing different sound wise other than its a rare label and first pressing. The label is the draw. UK white label Beatles 45s are rare in decent condition.

Mike

4. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

That's pretty neat.

5. Nifty x2

Thanks for the pictures

6. mrgroove01

mrgroove01 Still looking through bent-backed tulips

Looks nice and pricey! Congratulations!

7. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

I dont want to piss on any bonfires here .....AND I COULD BE WRONG

But it looks a little like one of the many counterfeits going around. ...thats , proper record , but snide labels.

The typograpy doesnt look right to me , and the anti-scateing necklace that rounds around the deadwax just outside the label , looks like its UNDER the label....this is sloppy especially for EMI

Please , i dont want you to take what i say as gospel , and i really do hope im wrong , but do some comparing of the labels typography with those on the net from good sources.

Like i REALLY want to emphasise , im not 100% sure , but theres enough doubt in my mind to want to check for sure if it was my money to be spent.

Ive got 2 counterfiet parlophone demos myself , not "i wanna hold your hand" granted , but they are out there.

Like wise the "Rush copy" sleeves , ive got 4 genuine sleeces of that , but they DO make repros of them.

8. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

9. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Looks genuine to me

10. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

found these legit copies on line and they seem identical.

Attached Files:

11. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

12. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

Gotta say they look identical to these eyes as well.

13. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

All of the Parlophone demonstration discs I've seen from that era are like that. That's how they should look. Here are two non-Beatles examples that are similar in nature:

http://www.parlogram.com/webshop/product_info.php?cPath=16_46&products_id=654

http://www.parlogram.com/webshop/product_info.php?cPath=16_46&products_id=537

Note: Those aren't mine, but are copies that are listed for sale from a reputable dealer.

14. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

[​IMG]

You can see the raised "k" tax on that one

15. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

Of course thats how all counterfiets (of anything) should " look" they are designed to decieve.

Im going to graciously bow out of this one now.

16. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

Just a thought,on the known counterfiets what does the matrix/trail off area info look like..how did they duplicate that ...are they that good?
    Mike,I'm guessing in that large collection of UK 45's you must have another Parlophone promo to compare it to.
    Oh, by the way Mike...that must be some project Danny and yourself are putting together....Good luck!!!! sounds like it's gonna be pretty special.

JF

17. jricc

jricc Senior Member

Very cool promo. Good luck on your British Invasion set.

18. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Our man Mike is a knowledgeable long, long-time collector. Doubtful he'd be duped with a counterfeit disc. Disc is very cool, thanks for the pic.:)

19. ginchopolis

ginchopolis Forum Resident

Holy moly.

Congrats!

20. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Hard to believe it looks so clean. Really nice and I'm happy your quest is at an end. :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

21. noirbar

noirbar Forum Resident

Couldn't agree more. I was only 2 years old in 1964, but I remember that song playing in our house like it was yesterday.:righton::righton:

22. thebeatles67

Thanks everyone for your comments. I guess anything is possible when it comes to counterfeits--if it is I just paid for a rather expensive one----however I dont think it is--I have many other UK promos and I can easily tell when it arrives--heres another photo from the angle showing the matrix--the seller has 100% feedback and did his best to show the 45 and matrix----Ill post back once received. 7XCE 17559-1N 7XCE 15560-1N

VISUAL EX & PLAYGRADE EX

Heres the other photo:

23. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

Im glad your happy with it and your certain of its provinence.

Just to clarify to some of the others who have commented , the "snide" copies will show all the right info in the dead wax as they are genuine records issued on parlophone, just regular everyday Beatles 45s with its black labels soaked off and good looking " big red A" bogus labels put on in its place...a relativly simple printing job that can turn a £5 record into a £1000 record with a small piece of paper ...

Especially to worldwide Beatles collectors who may be unfamiliar with the paper stock /texture used on UK parlophone demos.

Congratulations sir...

24. thebeatles67

Thanks for all the info--this will be scrutinized heavily and matched with other Parlophone white labels I have. Ill keep you guys posted. Thanks again for the helpful info.

Mike

25. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

Mike , sorry to be a pain in the **** to you.

Ive found your item .....hes got far from perfect feedback.

Do yourself a big favour and go thru his FB carefully

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.