"I Want To Hold Your Hand" orig 63 Parlophone promo

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thebeatles67, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

Are we allowed to know the details of the final email that she sent and refunded your money?..presumably after her expert had looked at it on saturday?

I'd bet a £ to a penny , that she'll be contacting the lower bidders And complaining about "some guy who bid whos eyes were bigger than his wallet" etc etc ...

Thats the problem with these demos , there is too much money to be made from them for you to want to destroy them .

Its a good moral question to ask yourself if anyone of us had been duped into paying £1000 for ANY record then find out at a later date it was snide would you destroy it and put it out of circulation forever ?? ..or would you play the naive guy, auction it and try and make it someone elses problem?

2. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

3. thebeatles67

thebeatles67 Forum Resident In Memoriam Thread Starter

Seller was cooperative and pleasant and agreed it is a counterfeit.--just very happy to have recovered my money on this counterfeit.

Mike

4. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

Hi mike ,.....

To my mind it was poster REVOXY (from Austria) way back on posting # 34 that provided the concrete evidence in pointing out that it was a contract pressing and not an EMI pressing that gave me the conviction of my initial hunch to keep on nagging at you.

I remember that night well , as i stayed up till 4 in the morning watching the thread develop in its early stages and at the point of me going to sleep I was alone in raising my doubts on its authenticity , so it was with great relief when i woke up in the morning to find one or two others agreeing with me and with REVOXY prooving beyond doubt it was snide it was a great eureka moment for me ...I was kicking myself for not noticing that it was a contract pressing when I was trying to justify my doubts.

To be honest , I initially thought that it was in your possession already when you opened the thread and it wasnt until later that I came to realise that you had only just won it from ebay and the demo in question was still in the UK.

You also mentioned earlier that you had other Beatles demos to compare it to , have you checked them for their authenticity?? ....or dont you want to know?? ;-)

Im glad things have turned out right for you

5. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

This has been a fascinating thread, the things you learn.

6. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

It is still at 11,000 pounds (slightly over $17K US :eek:). My guess is this will hold until the last hour or less of the "auction".

7. thebeatles67

thebeatles67 Forum Resident In Memoriam Thread Starter

Tony,

My guess is that it will break $20,000.

Mike

8. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member

There was a time when I avoided promo records - I very much prefer normal stock copies - but fascination got the better of me for a UK Decca promo by a much lesser known artiste. The label is hand written, I think it's from around 1963 - the sound quality is to die for. I suspect that the stamper was absolutely pristine resulting in a silent surface. I wonder if unplayed promos are generally likely to sound better than stock copies?

9. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

10. fattyramone

fattyramone New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.