Amazon.com has some CRAZY CD PRICES right now!!!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Cozzie, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noladaoh

noladaoh Retired

Got off the phone with the supervisor and I am waiting for a phone call from a manager. The supervisor told me that all pricing mistakes were corrected with immediate cancellations after the orders were placed. If you still see items on order, then the prices are valid. However, she also said that orders will not be fulfilled from the warehouse and that they are waiting on manufacturers to send them CDs at prices that will allow Amazon to ship the CDs ordered at the low prices. In other words, that will probably never fulfill these orders. If she had told me the prices were in error and cancelled my entire order, I would have said OK. But to tell me the prices were correct but they will not ship at that price is inexplicable.

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Oh. I was hopeful that this had been resolved since I have a completely new order (i.e., new order number). Thus, the new order does not show the pricing errors ($0.70, $2.60, etc.). It simply shows no charge.

My 11 CDs are supposed to be delivered on Tuesday with free overnight shipping. So I won't know where I stand until Monday. All I can say for now is that the lady who created these new orders was extremely pleasant and apologetic. She went on to say that I should not have experienced so many delays with in-stock items and should not have been misled by the folks I dealt with by online chat. She seemed sincere.

3. noladaoh

noladaoh Retired

Do you have Amazon Prime? If so, you may get your shipment.

4. KeithH

Yes. When the new order was placed, I was upgraded to one-day free shipping. So the discs should ship on Monday for delivery on Tuesday. They are listed as Shipping Soon.

I'm just hoping I'm in the clear with a new order that doesn't show the pricing errors.

5. noladaoh

noladaoh Retired

Please post if you receive your orders. That will give me a little more ammo if I have to call again. My orders have been repackaged with new groupings and shipping dates, but the order number always remained the same. I hope you get yours.

6. KeithH

Thanks, and will do.

7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The only thing to silence Keith at this point, would be nothing short of death itself. ;)

8. noladaoh

noladaoh Retired

I think I've got everything worked out. I spoke to another person at Amazon and the cancelled my order then I repurchased the CDs at the current price and The CSR gave me a discount to equal the original price of .70 each. Then they added free overnight. Hopefully I will receive them Tuesday. Will see...

9. KeithH

Problem?

10. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Winking icon...

11. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Wow! I've been out of the forum for nearly a week but reading the latest news about this sale now..perseverance pays off! Congrats Keith:thumbsup:

...I am tempted to email Amazon once again but I think I will receive a Zodiac-like reply, so I won't bother

12. fini

fini Forum Resident

This should replace CURMUDGEON as your forum "sub-handle." Not the emoticon, just the name.

13. KeithH

Thanks, but I'll feel better if the discs actually ship tomorrow.

14. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

I hope that they do. My two that were promised to be shipped vanished into thin air on my order history. I'll shoot them another email tomorrow to find out what happened. :shake:

15. fini

fini Forum Resident

I got the dreaded cancellation email.

16. KeithH

Sorry to hear this. Are you going to call customer service about it?

17. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Yep, I got mine as well. Long story short, I went from 47 cds originally ordered to all of them cancelled except for the 5 cds I did get for $3.20, plus a $10 credit for my troubles when I called Amazon just a bit ago.
    It's over, now I can move on.

18. jsayers

I called and talked to a rep and then his manager - I ended up with a $10 credit and a long-winded apology.
    Since it WAS an error, and I totally understand, there's no way I'm going to be an a**hole and pitch a ridiculous fit - I worked retail for over 25 years and I would never stoop to such levels.

Let's pick up our toys, brush off our pants and move along now....;)

19. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I had approximately 300 discs canceled out of 450. Can't really complain.

20. fini

fini Forum Resident

I doubt it.

21. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Had all my remaining outstanding orders canceled this weekend.

As coincidence would have it, I had dinner with someone who consults for Amazon this weekend. I mentioned this situation, and he was fully aware of it. What he told me, based on knowledge of Amazon's workings, is this:

A) As soon as the problem was identified and they decided what to do (cancel orders), they went through and canceled what they could (stuff not yet shipped, not in shipping process, etc.)

B) Some stuff snuck through, either because it was too late to stop it, or because it was listed as shipping soon when they did the cancellations. (What we expected).

C) That would have been the end of things EXCEPT that a large number of people started contacting customer service asking where their orders were. Some of these inquiries lead to either order reinstatement or else other compensation.

D) The changes that resulted in costs to Amazon (reinstatement. compensation) get aggregated and reviewed by a controller whose job it is to ensure there are no problems/abuses/etc. in the supply system.

E) If enough cases related to the same issue get pushed to the controller's desk, the case can be re-opened. In that situation, Amazon can push through a second set of cancellations, which is what apparently happened here.

F) The guy I talked to emphasized that a second set of cancellations is unusual, and would normally only happen in situations where sufficient noise is generated at the CSR level that it gets aggregated into a red flag at the controller level. His direct quote: "Usually, if you survive the first round of cancellations, and you just lay low and keep quiet, chances are extremely high your order will eventually be filled, provided the merchandise can be sourced somewhere. Obviously, that didn't happen here."

22. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

I recieved my shipment of 18 CDs a few days ago. No issues.

23. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Checked last night on my 10 CDs that were "Not Shipped Yet". Checked again this morning....the 10 CDs are gone! I have only received 2 of the CDs I've ordered and only one of them was $0.70 (David Gilmour's remastered "About Fave"). In the meantime, I have received zero email from Amazon regarding any of my order (or even the 2 CDs I received).

24. jsayers

My take upon reading this is that the 2nd set of cancellations was directly caused by all the whining and complaining done by email and phone to Amazon. That's what I figured would happen when I started reading all the angry posts here and all the "wrangling" some folks tried with Amazon.
    If we had "laid low" and kept our yaps shut we might have fared a better chance of having our orders, or at least a better percentage of them fulfilled. :realmad:

25. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

My final tally:

Ordered: 60
    Received: 5
    Cancelled: 55
    Amazon Credit: $10

Not too bad I suppose :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.