Amazon.com has some CRAZY CD PRICES right now!!!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Cozzie, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I appreciate that I wasn't silent. That said, I also didn't rant and rave. Politely present the issue, express frustration and confusion while still being polite, and you can get good customer service.

2. PROG U.K.

PROG U.K. Audiophile-Anglophile

Ordered 30
    Received: 0
    Cancelled: 30
    Got: A 20.00 credit and bought the AF Holy Diver

3. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

Ordered: 15
    Received: 15

5 were cancelled then the cancellation was reversed. Also got a $10 credit which paid for about 10 of the 15 cds.

4. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I got a $30 credit and got the DSOM Immersion set for $45.38 shipped.
    Looks like I got a good deal after all!!!

5. fini

fini Forum Resident

Well, I emailed Amazon CS to express my disappointment in how they handled this mess inconsistently, treating each customer (and their orders) differently (getting cancellations, credits, or cds, or some combination thereof). I wasn't asking for it, but they offered a $25 credit. They included the boilerplate response others have gotten.

Of course, they can run their business any way they wish and are in no way obligated to compensate customers for "disappointment." I will, though, graciously accept the credit.

6. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I am enjoying my CDs that I purchased from Amazon at CrAzY!!!! prices.

7. KeithH

But they should not jerk customers around, constantly delaying orders or having customer service people forward your concerns to an "escalation team" who will either approve your order for shipment or just cancel it. That's crap. Amazon should do better than that, especially when they made the mistake in the first place.

8. fini

fini Forum Resident

Keith, you and I agree. I thought the problem should have been handled quickly and consistently, for all customers. I'm not angry about it, and didn't think Amazon needed to compensate me. My desire is that they learn from this and next time it happens (which it probably will) they come clean right away and yes, not jerk customers around.

9. KeithH

Absolutely. Part of me says when it happens again, don't bother to order anything due to the hassle involved. Of course, I probably won't be able to resist the lure of the great deal on music. :)

10. fini

fini Forum Resident

No, you should order, so we can help Amazon get better.;)

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If you ask me, the fact that they filled ANY of these orders is more than anyone should have expected. I got about 1/2 of the titles I ordered. I am thrilled.

Again, if you were on the other side of this, and accidentally listed something on Craigslist or eBay for 1/10th what it was worth, would you honor the sale? Let's say a $10,000 car you listed for $1,000. Obviously not. I don't know why people somehow expect those on the other side of the deal to behave differently.

Anyone who got anything out of this was lucky. End of story. And they didn't jerk customers around. They were having trouble with their fulfillment arm because so many orders came in so quickly. If people around here and elsewhere had just shut up and not bothered Amazon, chances are most/all of those orders that weren't canceled in the first round of cancellations would eventually have been filled. (And the first round of cancellations came quickly, so you can't argue you were being d--ked around by those). It was all the "you promised me those CDs on Friday and I can't wait a minute longer where are they??!??!?!?!" emails and phone calls that ultimately got them to cancel the orders that had been placed on the "shipping soon"/"not yet shipped"/"shipping soon" yo-yo as Amazon figured out what stock they actually had and where they were going to source the rest of the stuff...

12. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

this thread needs to die.

13. Burnt

Burnt Well-Known Member

Can't argue with a scantily clad woman in a bikini. :agree:

14. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

This could have been said hundreds of posts ago.

15. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

1040 posts? approaching pt.2

16. eelkiller

In part 2 we need pictures of people opening boxes of the cheap CD's and complaints how they arrived damaged.

17. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

:laugh:

18. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Don't forget complaints over poor mastering/sound on 70 cent CDs.

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yeah, I'm waiting for the complaints on how someone is returning their CD with a minor crack in the case, and how they're pissed off Amazon didn't offer then a $20 courtesy credit due to the frustration they experienced having to deal with a crack in the case of that $0.70 CD.

20. fini

fini Forum Resident

OK, I'm pissed. My $25 credit does not cover shipping. Oh wait, if I spend it all at one time, maybe I qualify for Supersaver shipping!!

21. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

I'm still enjoying it. If you're not, you can go elsewhere for your entertainment. :)

22. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

what part of it are you enjoying?

23. eelkiller

24. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

All of it except your saying it needs to be closed. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.