$5.00 Bin At Walmart (1/26/12)

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Yeah, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

They have Quincy Jones - The Dude but I didn't get it as I know nothing about it.

I saw Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy too.

2. swvcc

swvcc Active Member

Both are *great* albums.

3. Scott57

Scott57 Forum Resident

The $5 bin at my Wal*Mart was originally in the aisle before the Electronics department. When I went back a week later it had been moved to the aisle in front of all the cash registers.

4. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member Thread Starter

At B&N, 'Around The World In A Day' -Prince

5. Saw Dylan's "Highway 61 Revisited" (remastered) today.

6. Sherman

Sherman Forum Resident

:shake: The one by me in Secaucus had a DVD bin but no CD bin that I could locate, unless it was up by the registers as another poster mentioned.

7. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

The warren zevon doesn't do anything for me but the Quincy jones kinda interests me.

8. Obtuse1

Obtuse1 Forum Resident

Most of my local WM's had bins located in or near the Electronics section. One had a $5 and a $7 rack.

9. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Found a Lucinda Williams "Sweet Old World" at my local wally world.

10. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Thought I'd give the old bin a gander in my LA County Wal Mart. There were a plethora of Spanish language albums to the tune of Carlos Y George that made the digging less interesting than I had hoped. I saw Ricky Martin's 1991 debut with the jewel case cracked to all heck. In my desperate attempts to maintain not too high neat stacks of CDs to access the entire bottom of the bin I revealed the hidden escape hatches on the edge that drops CDs to the linoleum below. I saw a Best of Lionel Ritchie, Best of the Doobies, one of the Flashback Monkees CDs, a couple copies of Best of Cheap Trick, Machine Head, Springsteen 18 Tracks, Double Vision by Foreigner, andVan Halen II 2000 re-mastered, but not too much else rock/pop and no Bee Gees in sight.

11. Melllvar

Melllvar No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!

Didn't find anything of interest at my wal-mart. The bin was mostly filled with latin titles. I did go next door to Best Buy and found T. Rex's Electric Warrior and the first two Dio albums in the $5 bins.

12. 905

905 Senior Member

For the first time I noticed my local bin had Foghat Live.

13. Emmett66

Emmett66 Forum Resident

Walmart, $5 bin, the past 3 months:

Merle Haggard - Okie From Muskogee (Live)
    Black Sabbath - Mob Rules
    Sweet - Best of Sweet
    Deep Purple - Made in Japan, Machine Head
    Kiss - Hotter Than Hell, Destroyer
    Foghat - Live
    T. Rex - Electric Warrior
    Little Feat - Dixie Chicken
    Van Halen - Fair Warning, Van Halen II
    Dio - Holy Diver, Last in Line
    Atlanta Rhythm Section - Live Extended Versions
    Rush - Moving Pictures
    ZZ Top - Deguello, Tejas
    ELO - A New World Record
    Nazareth - Hair of the Dog

14. These bins are becoming more popular than ever at Walmart. Today I couldn't even browse it because there were six men surrounding it and tearing through the bin. I was afraid I might lose a limb if I stuck my arm in for a moment.:laugh:

15. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

That's good news. Maybe somebody in power at some label will read that as the price point at which CD becomes more attractive than download, and we'll start seeing price points drop.

After the $99 Touchpad frenzy from last fall, I am noticing tablet prices slowly falling, now that that manufacturers have a better idea of what the attractive price points are for that product.

16. billygtexas

billygtexas Forum Resident

Some I've picked up over the last couple of months:

Bee Gees - Children of the World & Spirits Having Flown. I'm disappointed with the packaging, these albums deserve better.
    Van Halen - Diver Down. My least favorite VH album, but got it to complete my VH "Remastered" collection
    Etta James - At Last! (latest remastering with bonus tracks) and 20th Century Masters
    Gap Band - 20th Century Masters
    Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Going to A Go Go/Away We Go Go!
    VA - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 50's. A nice 25 song compilation of female oldies from Collectables. Decent mastering too. http://www.oldies.com/product-view/45332.html

My caveat is W*M is starting to put in some junk remake VA oldies CD's in my local $5 bins too.

But over in the $5 DVD bin I discovered amongst a bunch of lousy kid movies "Forbidden Planet" with Leslie Nelsen!

17. music4life

music4life Senior Member

I seems the $5 DVD bin is better than the CD bin at my local Walmart. All I could find yesterday in the CD bin was ZZ Top's "Deguello". In the DVD bin however I found "What's Love Got to Do With It" and "Gran Torino".

18. JRF

JRF Forum Resident

Walked by the bin today and laying on top was Foghat Live and I grabbed it. Noticed a lot of newer ones also but did not have time to dig.
    I did notice a lot of the Pure Prairie League best of cd.

19. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Got the latest from the Doobie Brothers (CD+DVD) for $5.00 this past weekend at my local Walmart....

[​IMG]

20. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

I found Fragile by Yes. Atlantic label, no bonus tracks, no mastering information.

21. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I saw the Doobie Bros. at Wally's. How is it?

22. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Hasn't had a chance to sit down and really listen to it, but sampling it from track to track....not bad at all. Michael McDonald is on one track, in case you want to know. ;)

23. dat56

dat56 Well-Known Member

After getting off work this morning I stumbled into Wallyworld for some essentials. Checked out the bin and went home with:

Shakira: "Oral Fixation", "The Very Best Of The Rascals" and REO Speedwagon's "Hi Infidelity".

Attached Files:

24. DreamIsOver

DreamIsOver Senior Member

My Wal Mart reloaded the $5 bin. Here's a couple of different CD's I saw over the weekend that I hadn't seen in there before--

Stevie Nicks - Belladonna
    Pantera - A Decade Of Domination

25. avalanche

avalanche Forum Resident

Stopped by the nearest Walmart to check out their $5 bin. They had thrown a whole ton of DVDs in with the CDs, making the two bins overflowing with items. Unfortunately, when you moved one disc/DVD, one would fall to the floor on the other side. This made it impossible to browse. And so, I left without spending any money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.