Anyone into 'BREAKING BAD'?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by spice9, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Elliot and Gretchen were Walt's college best friend and girlfriend respectively. Grey Matter was created by Walt and Elliot who combined their last names to be Grey (Elliot Schwartz [black in german] +Walter White=Grey). I believe Walt has a deep seated hostility towards both of them as obviously they ended up together, and he left. I think there was always more story to this that hasn't been told. There was no way in hell Walt would take their money for his treatment. Just Vince's wife's humble opinion.

2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I really like Jessica Hecht ("Gretchen"). I know her most recently from episodes of "Bored to Death" where she played Ted Dansen's doctor.

3. subatomic09

subatomic09 Forum Resident

Interesting use of "macro" shots of the cooking process tonight.

Any insight into the meaning of Walt's comment about Victor at the end of the episode?

4. BigAlsBro

BigAlsBro Active Member

Just about everything Walt "says" to Jessie in private is manipulation...

5. Alcoholic

Alcoholic Forum Resident

In real life she's married to Adam Bernstein, who's directed several episodes of Breaking Bad, including tonight's.

6. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

To me, Walt was pissed about the money, and he feels he shouldn't be getting pushed around by Mike since he killed Gus and is the "king" now. So, he tells Jesse (in a roundabout way) that Mike is "flying too close to the sun" and might have to be "dealt with" at some point. Of course, Jesse has a good relationship with Mike, and might not be so keen on that plan.

7. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Not unlike how Gus talked to Jesse to feel him out on the notion of getting rid of Walt.

8. Sean Murdock

Yes, although I actually got the impression that Gus really WAS feeling Jesse out to get his opinion; Walt, on the other hand, was basically putting Jesse on notice that HE considers Mike a problem, so therefore THEY will have to deal with it.

9. vince

They simply can't make Walt anymore of a D-bag!
    He's gotta repair Skyler or else..... well, you know.

Who woulda thought a meth-cooking montage would put such a big smile on my face!

10. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Skinny Pete's back and he's got mad keyboard skills, yo!

Hilarious. Badger's guitar strumming was also the perfect punch line to the gag.

11. subatomic09

Loved that! :laugh: Speaking as someone who's played the piano for 25 years, I was extremely impressed!

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm baffled as to why Walt doesn't see that if Mike gets implicated, they're all going down. So they have to cough up the payments to Gus' former employees. It's not just "Mike's problem."

Whole lotta hubris goin' on.

13. Sean Murdock

Well, I think Walt does (grudgingly) see that Mike's guys could take them all down -- but only if they turn on MIKE and Mike's still around. I think Walt is thinking that if Mike was taken out, all his "solid guys" would be cut off with no incriminating knowledge of himself or Jesse. Kill one guy (Mike), stop paying TEN guys (Mike + his 9).

As you said, hubris aplenty ... and Walt sure does love his money too.

14. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

I think the one that makes the most sense is that he was messaging to Jesse "Don't try this on your own". Although, I wouldn't put it past Walt to think it would be a good idea to try to take out Mike.

15. BigAlsBro

BigAlsBro Active Member

You bet...

16. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I think Walt is extremely ticked off at Jesse for letting Mike get his way. I think his message at the end was him trying to kill two birds with one stone: 1. That Jesse should back Walt up instead of Mike and 2. That Mike is an issue and may have to be dealt with.

17. vince

I still say this 'Walt as D-bag' has got to stop!
    Sure, this will make it easier for us when he finally (I assume) dies. But, I'm sure Vince is gonna pull him back from this, and give him just a tad more compassion..... I, at least hope so.

18. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Well, not only did we get to see "Walt's little friend" in the first episode, we get to see Walt and Walt Jr. (Flynn!) watching Scarface!

19. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

Someone mentioned in another forum that the exterminator guy who found the Nanny-cam was played by an actor from Friday Night Lights (which I have not seen).

So, given that they have cast a name actor in that role, I am wondering how long it will be before the tent crew goes back to its thieving ways and compromises the cooking operation.

20. maxnix

maxnix Forum Resident

Like Mike said, just because you shoot Jesse James doesn't make you Jesse James. In Walt's mind, though . . . he's feeling pretty invincible right now. That's going to get a lot of people killed, I'm guessing.

21. subatomic09

That's what I think. Jesse mentioned "when I was in Mexico..." and I think that hit Walt right in the ego.

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They're setting up a lot of dominos in the storyline...

23. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

24. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

What in heck are you talking about?
    That is the story.
    Walt has changed into a manipulative sociopath.
    The only way it can realistically proceed is downwards.

25. noladaoh

noladaoh Retired

Yo, b*tches, Jesse's speech patterns sure have changed this season. I don't think anybody changes the way they speak as quickly as Jesse has.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.