Anyone into 'BREAKING BAD'?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by spice9, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

Yes, I could see that happening, especially after the pool episode. He would definitely have a good excuse to do it at this point. She does run the car wash and launders the money though so that also needs to be taken into account. But she is so terrified and could blab to Hank at any moment. If she really starts going off the deep end Walt may have no choice but to do something drastic.

2. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

That Skylar sure is ungrateful!

3. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

In a lot of ways, she is. Walt should have dumped her a$s a long, long time ago, but that's love for ya!

4. Gumboo

Gumboo Forum Resident

She has become excess baggage.

5. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

If she keeps up with the chain smoking, Walter could always retrieve that stash of ricin... :shh:

6. subatomic09

subatomic09 Forum Resident

I assumed bababooey was kidding, but now I'm not so sure. :help:

7. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I'm with Walt on his little analysis of her plan. She has no good plan.

On the other hand, I sympathize with her for being drug into Walt's crime life.

8. F_C_FRANKLIN

My reply was a bit 'tongue in cheek', but he does kinda have a good point. Walt ain't perfect, but he isn't the one that cheated, she did. Also, she gets a taste of the criminal life and kinda enjoys it, then wants out when things get tough. Walt settled for second best when he married Skyler, and after having to settle for a mediocre life for 50 years, who can blame the guy for getting fed up and wanting to take control of his life after his cancerous brush with death?

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Showrunner Vince Gilligan has made strong hits that Skylar will soon demand for more of a voice in Walt's business affairs.

I'm still waiting to see how the dominos fall, like if they leave some crystal meth behind in one of the fumigated houses, or somebody spots Walt and Jesse entering one of these houses, or Hank starts connecting the dots. And there are some loose cannons, like the lady supplying the chemicals.

10. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

Speaking of Lydia, how do you suppose Mike knew the DEA was about to knock on her door? Does he have a mole in the DEA, or (more likely) does he have Lydia's office under surveillance?

Moreover, why did he tip Lydia off, and not "his guy"?

And what's Walt's scheme to deal with the GPS problem?

Questions, questions questions...

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I can think of a half-dozen ways. The easiest is an informant; Mike might also have a guy sitting outside her office keeping an eye on her 24/7, which might explain why he said, "the FBI is coming in to your office in about 30 seconds."

I'm with Mike: the FBI/DEA wouldn't have done such a sloppy job. I think Lydia is screwing around and trying to scare them away.

I'd like to know: why do they not realize that the Feds could always plant a couple of their own cameras in the warehouse, totally separate from the building's security? That could throw a monkey wrench into the plan.

Somehow, I don't think Lydia is gonna make it much longer...

12. D Schnozzman

D Schnozzman Forum Resident

If Mike had a spy in Lydia's office, wouldn't he have known if she'd planted the device on the drum?
    Or perhaps he did know, and he's playing a longer game against Walt?

13. F_C_FRANKLIN

Maybe Mike called in the tip, just to find out how she would react.

14. d.r.cook

d.r.cook Senior Member

bingo

15. Steve in Omaha

Steve in Omaha Never kissed a bear, never kissed a goon

Okay, Ima call my shot....

We've been waiting season after season for Hank to wake up and see what's been going on right under his nose, but for whatever reason, things have never clicked in Hank's mind. Among the clues that have passed under his nose are Gale's "Lab Notes" (specifically the Whitman poem, the "W.W." tributes, etc.) and the sketch the cousins had of Heisenberg. And then in the most recent episode, the issue of Walt's two cell phones resurfaces, this time shattering Hank's previous assumption of why Walt had them.

Add in the fact that there's currently a copy of "Leaves of Grass" on Walt's bedroom nightstand, and that he's wearing the Heisenberg hat on a regular basis now, and the stage is set....

Hank comes over to see Walt, and while there he notices LofG on the nightstand, maybe sees the hat too, and suddenly - finally - everything clicks. We see a series of flashbacks, going all the way back to the chem lab theft at Walt's school in S1 to present day. Hank now knows. There can be no doubt.

Hank confronts Walt and confirms what is now all too obvious. And of course, Hank has no choice but to bring Walt in. Even Walt's revelation that Hank's medical bills were paid with drug money can't dissuade him. So Walt - now resigned to his fate - proposes that he and Hank have one last beer, for old times sake. Hank agrees, and Walt goes to grab the brews....making a quick stop to retrieve the vial of ricin.

Final Scene of S5E8: Walt and Hank at the kitchen table, beers in hand. A toast is made to better times, and they raise their glasses. Fade to black.

16. Dave G.

Dave G. Forum Resident

remember this guy?
    I ran into him recently, nice guy.
    He mentioned that he will be in S5, in a flashback - something related to Hank connecting to dots between him & Fring.

Attached Files:

17. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Interesting. I agree that the hat being worn around is a bad move on Walt's part. I don't see Hank ever confronting Walt alone at this point. . . if/when he puts it all together, he'll at least have Gomez with him to confront Walt, and there won't be any "let's have a chummy last beer."

18. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.