Abba The Visitors red face CD sells for $1,241.00 on eBay

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by carrolls, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

But the copy he sold for $1241 was not in top condition.

2. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

OK, I guess you are right.

"Disc : Very Good (EXC) very few, small and light marks. Labelside nice."

3. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

But Jonas's "Very Good" is often better than others' "Like New." I wouldn't expect a pristine copy, but chances are great that any shortcomings are minor.

:wave:

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

He is an accurate grader, though I don't know what "Very Good (EXC)" means here. Which is it?

The picture of the ABBA disc he sold shows scratches on the label side. It does not appear as though the disc was behind the front of a jewel case, so I wonder if those scratches are on the actual disc.

5. mscoll

mscoll Forum Resident

This is a rare CD and it has a historical feelings for ABBA collectors, however, in this particular example, buyer paid definitely too much.

As Keith mention, the CD has a very visible sign of use which in my opinion should degrade disc value.

Of course, this disc isn't impossible to find, however, some people don't want to waste their time for looking, they just want it to grab it.

Jonas have sold at least 5 or 6 copies over last year of this RED LABEL CD and many of them never achieved $1,000. This is just an example how ABBA collectors are fighting for early pressings CDs.

6. gedsmit

gedsmit Fair Weather Member

I think this price is a one-off. He could have bought a "Now that's What I call Music 4" and a red Led Zep target for that :D

Agree with previous post - Jonas does rate extremely conservatively, and has probably built up a sound customer base outside this forum (a well as within of course!)

7. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

Yes, he is a conservative grader. :righton:

8. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

This is not my eBay listing, but if you want to spend big bucks on another rare Abba CD (maybe more rare than the $1,2410 CD), here is your opportunity: Abba blue-faced Arrival.

9. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Interesting - the things you learn here. ;)

10. mscoll

mscoll Forum Resident

The auction is limiting to US sale only. There are many ABBA collectors around the World. There will not be a quick sale if he doesn't open his auction to the worldwide.

11. gedsmit

and lowers his price! I thought these blue Abba discs were worth around $100 to $150

12. Backdoorman73

Backdoorman73 Forum Resident

Label and disc is/was excellent, the light marks visible derives from scannerglass since a certain six year old secretly used the machine lately. I have no comments on the price though...

Prices and demand for certain high profile titles and maybe in general seems to have increased lately in my experience. My last blue label Arrival, which seems to be the most desirable, sold for 350 approximately. Granted much better condition, original case and artwork as opposed to listing above.

13. mscoll

mscoll Forum Resident

I'm fairly sure that the buyer come from Russia and he's a reader of the forum as well.

14. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

With the wide mirror band as well, seen less of these than the Red Face

15. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident Thread Starter

I doubt anybody will give me a thousand bucks for it though.:D

16. rudiger

rudiger Well-Known Member

17. mscoll

mscoll Forum Resident

18. Backdoorman73

Backdoorman73 Forum Resident

That promo was a steal. Poorly advertised and poor shipping options...

19. mscoll

mscoll Forum Resident

I don't think many of this exists. If these was a real promo/demonstration for the Polygram staff a less than handful copies were manufactured, I guess.

20. rudiger

rudiger Well-Known Member

21. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident Thread Starter

It would have sold for a lot more if it was worldwide shipping instead of US only. This from a Dutch seller. :nyah:

22. gedsmit

Now that's what I call an ornament!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.