Nashville - new ABC drama

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by agentalbert, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone else catch the pilot tonight? I'm a big Connie Britton fan and have been looking forward to this. Both her and Hayden Pattetiere were good and the music wasn't at all bad. I hope it gets a chance and can stick around awhile. Anyone know if they are shooting more than just the establishment shots in actual Nashville?

Looking at the credits, I see J.D. Souther is playing the character "Waddy White". I had never seen him before, but that is a nice tough.

MikaelaArsenault and benjaminhuf like this.
  2. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Too much baseball on to watch tonight but I have it on DVR. Like a few others here, I'm quite familiar with Nashville so I will be watching for that and will let you know. My initial guess would be no.

3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I casually know sound mixer Glen Trew, who is based out of Nashville, and my understanding is that yes, the show is being shot (mostly) in that city.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

We were all excited here, and not disappointed an hour later. :thumbsup:

BTW, I saw quite a few familiar faces from the music world. :agree:

5. rpd

rpd Senior Member

This is correct.

6. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I love the city NASHVILLE, but not enough to watch this show, but, I will give actor Connie Britton an A+, for always picking completely different (and sometimes very odd) characters, to play.

7. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Hayden Pattetiere:thumbsup:

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

She's cute. Hayden Panettiere.

[​IMG]

9. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Is she the one that I saw in a clip for this show on Jimmy Fallon, who was playing a somewhat LeAnn Rimes type of "I'm in the room" character? I remember meeting LeAnn and she was just like that character in real life.

10. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

She was on Heroes (TV series).

I swear she has had a boob job.

11. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Thank you for that info.

Connie Britton will be competing against her last show "American Horror Story" starting next week.

12. Myke

It does. My son and I were discussing the camera shots on the Shelby St. pedestrian bridge driving into our jobs downtown here, this morning.

They did us proud. :agree:

13. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

They sure did. Just saw it. Beautifully shot. I enjoyed the storylines but not all of the music.

14. Myke

We also would never have a Mayoral press conference at the State Capitol, but I understand wanting to show off the renovations. ;)

As my son pointed out, our Mayor prefers outdoors.

15. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I used to work there. Did you notice when Rayna left she was actually on the second floor? She would have had to jump several hundred feet to land on the street.

16. Buckyball

Buckyball Forum Resident

I was impressed that the shot that took place in the parking lot outside of the Bluebird Cafe was actually shot there. I think a good chunk of the in-studio stuff happens here:
    http://www.thetrackingroomstudio.com/

17. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

The Robert Altman fan in me is quietly protesting the title.

18. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

:laugh:

That's actually one of the reasons the show piqued my curiosity. I probably won't watch it, but that connection wasn't lost on me.

19. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Which one do YOU think they were thinking:

"We'll get two of televisions' most talented and beautiful actresses and tell a nuanced, detailed story about perseverance and talent; should make for engaging drama."

"Country music meets Smash meets Idol - can't miss."

"Remember the last time we got a bunch of trashy soap characters to speak all Southern and named it after a city? This is gonna be huge!"

"Hayden Pannettiere is old enough now that we can film her doing naughty things!"

I'm guessing the first one didn't even make the list...

Now playing on Ariel Stream: The Corrs - Dreams

20. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I plan to watch it but Tigers were on and I missed it...

21. Myke

22. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I enjoyed the pilot, but I have the same question I have about many new TV shows: how long can they sustain this premise? If the show is built around the rivalry between Rayna and Juliet, and, in episode one, Juliet has already seduced/stolen away Rayna's producer and her bandleader, where do they take that storyline from here?

I do think Connie Britton did a great job in the pilot, though.

23. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member Thread Starter

I expect there will be much more to the show than their rivalry. They've got the mayoral campaign of her husband, the strife with her father, their separate tours, Juliet's addict mom, and the bombshell her father spit out about Rayna's kids. I'm surprised they revealed that tidbit so early. But it seems like there is plenty to do going forward.

24. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I liked the second episode. Connie Britton is fantastic in this role. This is by some distance the best new show on television this fall - at least in my book.

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

tried it, but we did not like it...:shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.