2013 MFSL Listings (2013 MusicDirect Catalog)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by evad, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evad

evad Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Finally - The Doobie Brothers Stampede is on tap.

Also:
    Billy Joel - Greatest Hits I & II
    Hall & Oates - H2O, Private Eyes, Voices

Chicago - CTA, II and VI are still listed.

The catalog does not state LP, CD or SACD but I would assume the Doobies and Billy Joel are SACD's, since the other titles from the artists are SACD's.

pscreed likes this.
  2. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

Just got my 2013 Music Direct catalogue and here are some of the MFSL scheduled releases:

Allman Bros. - Eat A Peach, Brothers & Sisters
    Elvis Costello - King of America, Punch the Clock
    Frank Sinatra - In The Wee Small Hours, Songs For Swingin' Lovers, Come Fly With Me, Point of no Return, A Swingin' Affair
    Dean Martin - This Time I'm Swingin'
    Bob Dylan - Greatest Hits, Desire, Before the Flood, Nashville Skyline, Highway 61, John Wesley Harding, Bob Dylan,
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced...
    Alan Parsons - I Robot
    Barry Manilow - Greatest Hits
    Hall & Oates - H20, Private Eyes, Voices
    Chicago - 17, VI

Silver Series:
    Ryan Adams - Love is Hell
    Judas Priest - Killing Machine, Screaming for Vengeance, Stained Class
    Santana III
    Duke Ellington - At Newport
    INXS - Listen Like Thieves, X
    Tom Waits & Crystal Gayle - One From the Heart
    Raspberries - Best

It's not clear which will be LP, SACD or both.

pscreed likes this.
  3. phoenixhwy1982

phoenixhwy1982 The Last Cowboy

Psyched about the JP troika, especially Hell Bent and Vengeance. Being a huge fan of the original Columbia releases, I am curious as all hell what they are going to do.

4. Jazz Nut

Jazz Nut Forum Resident

I would think the silver series is all vinyl. Though I REALLY was hoping the Duke Ellington at Newport would be released in SACD format as well. Thanks for the heads up!

5. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

Can someone explain to me what's the difference between "Gold" and "Silver Series"? Also, wasn't Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits released already in 2012?

6. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Dylan's Greatest Hits.... Again?

A few great titles and few boring titles, especially Dylan.

7. I'm still waiting for a few releases they announced in 2011.

8. Casagrande

Casagrande Forum Resident

More Bob Dylan! :cool: Might get the Priest titles if cd.

9. Elvis Costello's King Of America, maybe. Punch The Clock is one of my least favourite Costello albums, why on earth do they pick that one?

10. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Sure gets confusing...Pronounced is being rereleased on Tuesday, on the Music On Vinyl label too.

11. SBurke

SBurke Nostalgia Junkie

Would love to have those Allmans titles on vinyl. Really looking forward to that, as well as the Dylan and Miles Davis titles that are already up on Amazon.

Not sure if you're asking about vinyl or SACD, but the Silver Series on vinyl is of titles where they were not working with the original analogue master tapes for whatever reason, and the releases are standard-weight pressings. They use the same mastering chain (equipment) though.

12. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

MOV has done some good stuff - but I can't imagine there would be a comparison b/t these two, wait for the MOFI.

13. Myke

May not do that either. Proud papa of a SOS I bought in 1973, and treated like a queen.

14. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

If Lyrnyrd Skynyrd, Hall & Oates and Chicago are on SACD, then I'll be getting those. Might get a couple of the Bob Dylan too!

Pretty sure the Silver series will all be on vinyl. Otherwise, I would jump at the chance to get the Judas Priest and INXS titles on SACD.

(My catalog came in the mail today too, but I haven't looked at it yet. I guess I will now.)

15. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

spaulding, the first bunch you list, were each of these vinyl and digital? Pronounced... is one I was hoping would get the audiophile treatment. Of course Hall & Oates Voices is coming, right after I won a Ultradisc on EBay. :faint:

Silver series vinyl only in the past :uhhuh:

16. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Will get all those if they are on CD or SACD as I already have all the ones already released of Billy Joel and The Doobie Brothers on SACD. Have a couple Chicago Gold CDs already too.

(My catalog came in the mail today too, but I haven't looked at it yet. I guess I will now.)

17. Mike in OR

Mike in OR Through Middle-earth...onto Heart of The Sunrise

I am very excited about the ABB titles, but the one that has me is Pronounced...FINALLY!!

18. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

I'd love MFSL to re-print some of the greatest titles they've released in the past. And I agree, too much Dylan.
    MFSL needs more ROCK :shake:

PS: May anyone post the full catalog?

Perhaps there're great titles that aren't mentioned yet :wave:

19. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

20. calgary669

calgary669 Forum Resident

Chicago if they are on SACD, maybe Santana 3 and that's it. My wallet is relieved after the Billy Joel and Miles Davis albums!

21. Myke

I tried downloading the catalog until my laptop froze up, and I got the hell outta Dodge !

22. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

Glad to see the Hall & Oates catalog get some attention. Would like to see their 70s releases get some attention.

23. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

:laugh:

Scott J likes this.
  24. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I'm guessing 17 will be an LP. It wouldn't make sense for 17 to be an SACD since the gold CD came out just a few months ago. Dylan Greatest Hits could be an SACD since MFSL and Audio Fidelity have released digital versions of the same stuff before.

Here's hoping those Hall & Oates albums will be released on SACD.

Of course, we may not see this stuff until 2015.

Scott J likes this.
  25. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Geez how many of those titles have already been done by either Mofi or Audio Fidelity?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.