Footage of Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by theMess, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theMess

theMess Forum Resident Thread Starter

I wondered whether anyone new where I could find footage of Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson recording together? It was used by Paul during his 89 Tour, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. theMess

Anyone?

3. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

4. marke

marke Forum Resident

I had a look and couldn't find anything, even on Youtube.

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Paul's got it in his archives. Did "The Girl Is Mine" video have any studio footage? I thought I remembered a few shots here and there, but it's been a long time.

6. letmerollit

letmerollit Forum Resident

All I could find was the one second from the preshow montage you remember...
    at around 4:30 here and described as the '93 tour, maybe more/different in '89/90?

I couldn't find an official video for The Girl Is Mine there, although I think there is one?
    I believe it has his sister Janet in it, too... Hmmm...

7. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

There is no video for The Girl Is Mine.

8. letmerollit

9. theMess

Thanks for all of your replies.

I am amazed that the footage has never been properly released. Maybe due to the falling out between the two?

In any case, I am grateful that you managed to find the show montage with the tiny clip of them. :)

letmerollit likes this.
  10. CrashU

CrashU Forum Resident

Even so? :D
    unique taste

I'm sure that somewhere there are a lot of videos of their collaboration.
    shoot every step - also one of the tips that wise Paul McCartney gave to young Michael Jackson.
    as we all know, Michael has always listened to the advice of Paul. :laugh:

11. letmerollit

I believe there is, as several links at yt stated it was "removed" and "not available in your country". o_O

Anyone know for sure? Janet? LaToya? :shrug:

You're welcome! :tiphat:

12. nesboy43

nesboy43 Forum Resident

I was aware of there being recorded footage of it and about it being played during one of Paul's shows, I'm glad to see that someone has actually located that footage, even if it is short. I doubt Paul showed any more than that. I had never seen that before so thank you.

13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

You believe wrong - there was no official video for "The Girl Is Mine". MJ made three videos for "Thriller": "Billie Jean", "Beat It" and the title song. That's it...

14. pantofis

pantofis Senior Member

The video with Paul McCartney and LaToya was "Say Say Say". Sadly there was no video for "The Girl Is Mine" I'm sure it would have made the song more worthwhile.

15. letmerollit

:tiphat: I doubt he used anymore, probably reused the pre-show montage in '93 with a small
    change at the end, as this looks very similar to the '90 show montage I remember.

Maybe it was just a fan's work I remember seeing for TGIM, and all sources confirm there was not
    a video for it, but I could have sworn...

Perhaps I was thinking of "The Man", which was rumored to have had a promo prepared for it.
    However, all I could find were fan-created videos, some of which have pics of the same day with
    Michael in that sweater, the one outside with the streetcar (Mason Streets? Anyone know where?
    I thought... I believed he was staying at the McCartneys?) and the one with George Martin
    I hadn't seen before! :yikes:

I also never knew before that the blue jacket Michael is wearing on the pic sleeve for TGIM
    is a Paul McCartney 1980 Japanese Tour Jacket! :bigeek:
    At 3:20 here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXp7bp1iVQ

More pics...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qifytoPYuLg
    Is the first pic here a Michael drawing, is that his sig in the corner?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjA3wWDrAgA

16. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

Nope. No video or short film for "The Girl Is Mine".

17. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Odd that he wouldn't do a video for the lead single (which also happened in with the Bad album with "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"....maybe because both songs are duets).

18. CrashU

CrashU Forum Resident

or just because these two songs are not very good :shh:

Drifter likes this.
  19. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I think MJ might've not felt he needed a video for those. "Girl Is Mine" would get airplay because it included Macca, and "Loving" would get airplay because it was his first solo single since "Thriller"...

20. nesboy43

nesboy43 Forum Resident

If you watch the Bad 25 Documentary by Spike Lee you will see that I Just Cant Stop Loving You was filmed for a video, there is about a minute of it shown with audio synched too and it's really nice. It's Michael and Siedah recording in the studio but the way they are acting and how the camera movement is it is obvious it is a video shoot, not a true recording session.

21. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Are you saying that hot babe in the Say Say Say video that Michael was making eyes with was his sister?

22. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Indeed it was. Creepy, huh?

23. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous

from 1.05 are some brief photos

24. jacksondownunda

jacksondownunda Forum Resident

Sorry, still can't find it. Would you settle for Michael & Paul washing up?
    (They were practicing to clean up at the Grammys)
    [​IMG]

25. groff

groff Forum Resident

Seeing these pictures of Michael hanging out with Paul and his family and hearing Michael say that working with Paul was his favorite time recording, it makes me think that it's really sad things ended the way they did. Maybe Paul could have been a really good influence on Michael's life, showing that it was possible to be hugely talented and famous but still have a normal, healthy life.

Or maybe he was already doomed - just too damaged by his upbringing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.