Any "MST3k" fans here?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

I start every Sunday with an episode. I've been going in order for awhile now. Just finished #806 "The Undead". There are definitely funny moments in the Sci-Fi era, but I prefer the Comedy Central years.

2. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

We've got tickets to see the original cast in their Cinematic Titanic guise in November. If they're coming somewhere near you, grab the chance as they say this is their "farewell tour".

http://cinematictitanic.com/

3. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

Anyone else seen the unofficial MST3K Star Trek V: The Final Frontier? It's the only way to watch that film!

"Rocks, rocks, rocks, rock, and here comes Mr. Spock ..." :D

hi_watt likes this.
  4. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

Thanks for the tip. I will have to check it out.

Meng likes this.
  5. The only episode I've seen is the Manos one, and I gotta admit I wasn't too taken with the skits between the movie skewering. Those bits, though, were pretty reet.

6. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

It's out there, and it's not hard to find.

7. gates69

gates69 Music Junkie

[​IMG]
    I have this in my man cave so I would say that I am a fan! :D

hi_watt likes this.
  8. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

I have every available episode on VHS, stored away. I also have every released DVD, with the exception of the last set and the one coming up shortly.

I was born and raised in Minnesota, so I got to watch the show on local TV before they went national. I didn't have cable until I was a teenager, so I missed out on all of the Comedy Central days, unfortunately.

9. gates69

gates69 Music Junkie

The classic KTMA episodes :righton:

10. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

KTMA channel 23!

I wrote a story about Hodgson and the show when it first started, and he said if they could get a year out of the idea, he would consider it a great success.

11. Rose River Bear

Damn I am jealous. I only have a pint sized Tom from the DVD box sets.

12. sirmikael

sirmikael Forum Resident

I have very fond memories of coming in from Saturday night campfires at my house and watching MST3K. I was too young to get most of the jokes, but I just loved the overall feel of the show.

13. gates69

gates69 Music Junkie

Yeah I love Tommy. My wife got him for me many years ago from a guy who built him, Crow and Gypsy as a hobby. A very pricey hobby for the people who bought his creations! ;)

14. Rose River Bear

Tom really shines on the riffs on Robert Lippert films like King Dinosaur.

15. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

Sis and I are catching them for The Doll Squad in Milwaukee 9/20.

16. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Three words: The Final Sacrifice"

hi_watt likes this.
  17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

OLD THREAD!...11 years later and I still find no use for them...but, for those inclined I'm happy for you.:)

18. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I'd love to see them however as they are coming 3 hours away and the price of gas and tickets and time off work is high, it's a no go for me.

19. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I really hope this show makes it to Netflix or Hulu one day. I saw a lot of episodes when I was a kid, but haven't seen them in many, many years.

My favorite of the SciFi channel years was definitely Soultaker. "Look, he's John Stamos-ing!"

20. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

My main problem with the show is that the overlayed "dialogue" is far louder than the actual film, which makes it annoying because either the dialogue is going to be WAAAY to loud if you're going to hear the actual film dialogue, or you're going to hear the overlayed dialogue at a comfortable rate but strain to hear the actual film.

Or is it JUST ME that has this problem ?

21. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Well, if you really want to enjoy the movies themselves, most of them are fairly easily available UnMSTied. I've never really had much of a problem hearing the movie dialogue (most of the time, anyway- some of the prints they had access to had some really bad audio quality).

22. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

"I'm huge!".

23. Strummergas

Strummergas Senior Member

It was available on both services up until about a year or so ago. Amazon Prime had a large number of free episodes, but that also changed about 3 months ago. There's always YouTube, but the video quality varies from episode to episode.

24. gates69

gates69 Music Junkie

Lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.